The Martian (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label No.8) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date:Feb 2016
WWA steelbook,limited 500 copies
Group Buy open in Feb (date TBA)

The Martian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad about this selling out early :( I came before the GB time to discover it's now cancelled and already sold out, HDZeta will have to make up for this in future, this is not good enough. Perhaps keeping set quantities for international customers is another thing they should consider.

I don't understand why the 10 they had left were sold an hour before as well, had no chance because I came later in time for the GB, I would rather they used paypal, most of the other retailers have it, hope HDZeta consider it too.

I guess it's even worse if you have no version of The Martian secured premium wise as a collector, I'm glad now I did get the Kimchi version, although I'd have really liked this one.

I dont think so,we are not agreed,if we want get more money,we can add this release up to 1000 or 2000 copies.
but we didnt do that,we think the low print is the king for every collector.
Please remember we will never make the huge quantity or 2-3 editions on Sliverlabel series(WWA steelbook),thats our baseline.
If there are 300 available to collectors that's different than 285 for locals and 15 for collectors. Don't expect me to crown this effort.

Last edited:
I never really did care for HDZeta. I bought some of their releases but compared to Blufans, their extras are lame and they make it too hard to obtain any of their products. I'll gladly start collecting Manta Labs and leave HDZeta in the dust...

The U.S. blu ray release of THE MARTIAN 3D has Mandarin Subs.
View attachment 226170

Yes, I saw that. But I don't think it is accurate. Mandarin is not listed on the actual box of the 3D U.S. release in U.S. stores. Everything else, Hong Kong, Taiwan, is traditional Chinese. Much harder to read for mainlanders. Impossible for simplified Chinese foreign readers.

Yes, I saw that. But I don't think it is accurate. Mandarin is not listed on the actual box of the 3D U.S. release in U.S. stores. Everything else, Hong Kong, Taiwan, is traditional Chinese. Much harder to read for mainlanders. Impossible for simplified Chinese foreign readers.
UK version lists 'Traditional' Mandarin. (The U.S. version listed 'Simplified' Mandarin)
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I have yet to learn of a 3D release with Mandarin (simplified Chinese) language subtitles. This may be one reason it sold well in the mainland - thank you for your time.

Spot on. I was under the assumption the disc was pretty much the same as all the other discs released.

But if HDZeta had exclusive subtitles then that is definitely why it sold like hot cakes.

Wow so disappointed- first no group buy and then what's left went live almost an hour before it was communicated... I set and alarm for 6:45am to wake up while traveling to at least have a shot only to read they went live early...
yea, that's the part @wxlinkswd has yet to comment on. Why list them randomly an hour earlier than we were told? Everyone who got up early (or stayed up all night til 7am like myself) missed out, but if you just happened to be there an hour before the time we were told you may have snuck one in. That's where I feel cheated. It's one thing they sold out, but another thing that we intentionally waited for "10am ET", only to see the extras were listed much earlier. That's not professional in my opinion.

I too intentionally skipped the kimchi version in order to get this one. Hopefully kimchi gets and lists some unpaid and cancelled ones like they have in the past.

Last edited:
yea, that's the part @wxlinkswd has yet to comment on. Why list them randomly an hour earlier than we were told? Everyone who got up early (or stayed up all night til 7am like myself) missed out, but if you just happened to be there an hour before the time we were told you may have snuck one in. That's where I feel cheated. It's one thing they sold out, but another thing that we intentionally waited for "10am ET", only to see the extras were listed much earlier. That's not professional in my opinion.

I too intentionally skipped the kimchi version in order to get this one. Hopefully kimchi gets and lists some unpaid and cancelled ones like they have in the past.

There is a very good chance they will. They had about 3 waves of cancellations of The Fifth Element go up and they told us about the times they would put them up in the store as well. No delay, on time.

Reactions: Threat
I gave up on HDZ ever since they decided to let there copies of Man from Uncle sell through other GBs. Why even freaking invest in webstore when you dont wanna sell through it? They have lost me as a customer and my respect.

Hope there is some resolution for collectors for Martian.

I was busy today and missed the group buy. When I checked this thread I was shocked by what I was reading! I don't think many people are going to be relying on HDZeta for their steelbooks in future!

Reactions: harry
Add me to the list of ultra disappointed collectors.

Unfortunately, this means as collectors we lose confidence in HDZeta for their handling of this release. I'm not going to do anything extreme like sell off the ones I already own, but this will likely be the last time I wait around for one of their releases when other retailers have the same film. I eagerly await the explanation tomorrow.

Damn, so unfortunate.

This morning I was zip lining in the jungle and checking furiously for any signal for my iPad, no joy. I don't feel so bad now tbh. I have the FAC edition on ordered, that's fine for me. I am a little concerned about T5 and Mad Max tho.

Reactions: harry
Status
Not open for further replies.