The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 45) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: February 13, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on December 2 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $129.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D + Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

92FADD48-0003-4DF5-A667-B535FC5104CB.jpeg
A7595ADC-FDFA-47A0-A61C-2B350CDAF384.jpeg
839F42C3-CDB1-4B4B-BD82-89B84135F98B.jpeg

Looks better than the third. But it seems to be incorporating the part that annoyed me about the 2nd & 3rd matrix. The fact it’s a never ending cycle of the architect Vs the oracle. This just looks like a rehash of the original but version 9 or 10 or whatever of the matrix with the new Anderson/ Neo getting flashbacks to his last life cycle as Neo. The one we’ve already watched.
But I hope it’s decent

Also some pointing this out (the same person) with the Theory that maybe the older oracle was mentoring her in the previous film and that the cycle is the oracle always mentors the oracle. I like that

D6A835D8-BDC9-410E-A133-1D22CFE0A355.jpeg

From that image... that silhouette... John Wick goes into Matrix :whistle:
Edit: I just watched the trailer... Yes, John Wick !!!!

full trailer I'msure somebody else posted it
God I hope this is gonna be good!
Haven't been this excited for a movie,Trinity getting unplugged in the trailer WOW!!
Can't wait for the Premium releases for this .....preferably the entire Quadrilogy

Last edited:
Reactions: jasong
I know the whole point of the Matrix is that it happens over and over, but still...that trailer is like watching the first Matrix again, but with old people. And somebody else playing Laurence Fishburne.
The only thing I can think of is that they thought the role was too physical for Fishburne. I haven't seen him in a few years, but the last time I saw him, he looked pretty heavy, but Den of Geeks is speculating that that character isn't Morpheus. All I know is I'm going to see it....though if the reviews are atrocious, I may watch at home and only go to the theater if I like it (despite the fact that I basically have a netflix plan for movies at AMC, so going would cost me nothing).

The only thing I can think of is that they thought the role was too physical for Fishburne. I haven't seen him in a few years, but the last time I saw him, he looked pretty heavy, but Den of Geeks is speculating that that character isn't Morpheus. All I know is I'm going to see it....though if the reviews are atrocious, I may watch at home and only go to the theater if I like it (despite the fact that I basically have a netflix plan for movies at AMC, so going would cost me nothing).
I'm sure there's a reason, but it made me chuckle to see Old Neo, Old Trinity, and then...some skinny kid cosplaying Morpheus. :)

Looks better than the third. But it seems to be incorporating the part that annoyed me about the 2nd & 3rd matrix. The fact it’s a never ending cycle of the architect Vs the oracle. This just looks like a rehash of the original but version 9 or 10 or whatever of the matrix with the new Anderson/ Neo getting flashbacks to his last life cycle as Neo. The one we’ve already watched.
But I hope it’s decent

Also some pointing this out (the same person) with the Theory that maybe the older oracle was mentoring her in the previous film and that the cycle is the oracle always mentors the oracle. I like that

View attachment 516657
What I'm thinking, going from the trailers (and having just watched Reloaded & Revolutions last night);

At the end of Revolutions the Matrix was rebooted but the machines gave the human's the choice to remain or not (or at least said they were going to). So thats how the "current" Matrix is populated, by those who choose to stay. Ignorance is bliss & all that.
Neo & Trinity die, Neo inside, Trinity outside the matrix. I think the machines saved him or something, as a thanks for eradicating Smith, put him back in the Matrix with no memories of what had happened. And thats where he's been since. So this isn't a new Neo, its the same one, just with his memories erased. There's a shot at 13 seconds in the trailer that lasts maybe half a second showing him plugged back in to the matrix with his eyes burned out, which is how he was at the end of the original trilogy.
There's also a shot of Trinity being unplugged at 2.04 so I'd say the machines healed her, brought her back to life & plugged her back in without memories too. So she's not just a new Trinity, she's the same one too.
So while this is a rebooted version of The Matrix, its not just the cycle repeating. Or at least I don't think it is.

I thought Yahya was playing a younger version of Morpheus inside the Matrix but because we see him in the training program, maybe he's Morpheus & Niobe's son? Part of me feels like there's a bait & switch somewhere & that Morpheus is going to show up. I don't think Keanu & Carrie would have just never questioned why Laurence isn't in it.

Interesting that we don't see Niobe, Agent Johnson or the Merovingian anywhere in the trailer too.

And there's very little "real world" stuff, outside of showing the Machine City and a hovercraft searching in the ruins of an old human city, from what it looks.

Would be very cool for Priyanka to be playing an old version of Sati, I'd be onboard if she was the new Oracle.

(sorry this turned into a bit of an essay!)

What I'm thinking, going from the trailers (and having just watched Reloaded & Revolutions last night);

At the end of Revolutions the Matrix was rebooted but the machines gave the human's the choice to remain or not (or at least said they were going to). So thats how the "current" Matrix is populated, by those who choose to stay. Ignorance is bliss & all that.
Neo & Trinity die, Neo inside, Trinity outside the matrix. I think the machines saved him or something, as a thanks for eradicating Smith, put him back in the Matrix with no memories of what had happened. And thats where he's been since. So this isn't a new Neo, its the same one, just with his memories erased. There's a shot at 13 seconds in the trailer that lasts maybe half a second showing him plugged back in to the matrix with his eyes burned out, which is how he was at the end of the original trilogy.
There's also a shot of Trinity being unplugged at 2.04 so I'd say the machines healed her, brought her back to life & plugged her back in without memories too. So she's not just a new Trinity, she's the same one too.
So while this is a rebooted version of The Matrix, its not just the cycle repeating. Or at least I don't think it is.

I thought Yahya was playing a younger version of Morpheus inside the Matrix but because we see him in the training program, maybe he's Morpheus & Niobe's son? Part of me feels like there's a bait & switch somewhere & that Morpheus is going to show up. I don't think Keanu & Carrie would have just never questioned why Laurence isn't in it.

Interesting that we don't see Niobe, Agent Johnson or the Merovingian anywhere in the trailer too.

And there's very little "real world" stuff, outside of showing the Machine City and a hovercraft searching in the ruins of an old human city, from what it looks.

Would be very cool for Priyanka to be playing an old version of Sati, I'd be onboard if she was the new Oracle.

i did kinda think this too and I think it would work better. I’m pretty sure the machines would of sorted Neo out after defeating smith and the whole ignorance is bliss certainly fits in too with how some of us are. I did see a few shots of him in a pod looking plugged up. In a red glow. I think.

I cant see Priyanka in any role. Her acting skills are really bad :\ In the name of diversity we will consume everything.

To me it seems like he remembers while the others do not. Is it set in the past maybe? I mean, Trinity doesn't recognise him.

To me it seems like he remembers while the others do not. Is it set in the past maybe? I mean, Trinity doesn't recognise him.
The Matrix was reset at the end of the original trilogy..... Trinity is outside it now...? Probably Neo too which is why he's having 'dreams'.

I like it when a sequel is a good story. Not a movie you have to freeze-frame constantly to compare small details in the background with the original to see how it's referencing the original.