The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 45) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: February 13, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on December 2 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $129.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D + Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

92FADD48-0003-4DF5-A667-B535FC5104CB.jpeg
A7595ADC-FDFA-47A0-A61C-2B350CDAF384.jpeg
839F42C3-CDB1-4B4B-BD82-89B84135F98B.jpeg

How comes manta are showing all their artworks? Is it because so many others are doing the same films from WB and they wana get their designs out... I guess so

Not feeling these one bit. I was hoping for so much more on the steel front for the Matrix. The batmans look ok tho

Reactions: Basil
When the global steels end up getting released, they will be matte, most likely, whereas these will have a better finish: glossy with debossing on the titles and the glow in the dark effect that John mentioned in his post.
yeah i know the finish will be different, still weird imo. especially since manta didnt like that their Deadpool 2 and their Kingsmen ended up being WWA too.
like the art tho, so I wouldnt mind if Manta uses it

How comes manta are showing all their artworks? Is it because so many others are doing the same films from WB and they wana get their designs out... I guess so

Not feeling these one bit. I was hoping for so much more on the steel front for the Matrix. The batmans look ok tho
Well the matrix ones are near enough wwa when it comes to the images used, so I guess those are globally available. TDK I'd assume they want them out asap so people don't forget about them before they gobble up 4k WWAs and/or blufans.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
yeah i know the finish will be different, still weird imo. especially since manta didnt like that their Deadpool 2 and their Kingsmen ended up being WWA too.
Those were slightly different scenarios. They were manta weas, but fox opted to release them wwa elsewhere later on, save for the finish. Universal did the same to hdz for Gladiator.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy

Some were already approved before Warner decided to use the same artwork on the global release. If ML wanted to change theirs now, it would mean going through the approval process all over again, with no guarantees that the new proposal would be approved.

Well the matrix ones are near enough wwa when it comes to the images used, so I guess those are already globally available. TDK I'd assume they want them out asap so people don't forget about them before they gobble up 4k WWAs and/or blufans.
Yeah just read that these are just WWA with a different finish for manta. That’s a shame. We’ve waiting that long for these arts and technically WWA. Lol. It’s like kingsman and deadpool all over again

They might look better in hand, I’m hoping the proper arts are left for the slips then.

Oh yeah plus it’s batman day. So why not the overkill from every country and release lol. Might as well

Well the matrix ones are near enough wwa when it comes to the images used, so I guess those are already globally available.
not yet available afaik
TDK I'd assume they want them out asap so people don't forget about them before they gobble up 4k WWAs and/or blufans.
yeah I think thats the reason why they do prestige as next PO too.. because otherwise some ppl would grab the BF instead
timing is everything

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Those were slightly different scenarios. They were manta weas, but fox opted to release them wwa elsewhere later on, save for the finish. Universal did the same to hdz for Gladiator.
Sounds to me they got shafted again. Regardless of what order the WEA or WWA comes out

not yet available afaik

yeah I think thats the reason why they do prestige as next PO too.. because otherwise some ppl would grab the BF instead
timing is everything
I mean the matrix designs are out in the wild, people have seen them.

Yup exactly that with prestige. It's going to be become very bloody tiring with all these WB releases now. HDZ and manta competing on new titles and BF and manta on catalogue ones. Give us some variation. Eugh

not yet available afaik

timing is everything
Oh yeah it’s all a competition. I’d bet that if blufans didn’t show their art the other week then prestige would probably not even be mantas next pre order.

This is the only part that’s becoming tiresome. That manta, blufans and even zeta are mostly just using WB catalogue titles and releasing them at the same time.

It’s monotonous

Hard to argue with the similarities, but i prefer the colouring and positioning of mantas. Plus glossy and debossed vs matte will make the world of difference. Rears may be the same, but it wouldn't surprise me if the wwa's had some basic meh logo mid centre instead.
Gloss is the deciding factor there for me. I can’t handle those steels in matte. But gloss could save them.

...Definitely will save them

OC all the way! I like how they've totally excluded Resurrections too, since I didn't want to waste any money on that :BS: anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: PKAorange