The Raid 2 - In theaters March 28, 2014

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
From IMDb:
Again written and directed by Gareth Evans, The Raid 2 picks up right where the first film left off and follows Rama (Iko Uwais) as he goes undercover and infiltrates the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.

Attachments

• radi2.jpg
    radi2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by a moderator:
You had me at, "Again written and directed by Gareth Evans" :drool: :LOL:

FU** YEAH! :scat: The Raid is definitely one the most bad ass movies I've ever seen! :scat: Cant wait for the sequel!

I echo the sentiments of others who've watched the teaser trailer; it's absolutely amazing, and it's only the teaser trailer! I want to know who that guy in prison is, and if he's one of the good guys. Drat! I'll have to wait for the movie. :D

The Raid 2 to Hit US Theaters on March 28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scat: :LOL: :oohyeah:

Sony Pictures Classics and Stage 6 Films announced today that they will release The Raid 2 in the United States on March 28. The film will have its World Premiere at the upcoming 2014 Sundance Film Festival.

Written and directed by Gareth Evans, The Raid 2 picks up right where the first film left off and follows Rama (Iko Uwais) as he goes undercover and infiltrates the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.

The Raid 2 was produced by Ario Sagantoro for Merantau Films, and Aram Tertzakian and Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films. The film was executive produced by Rangga Maya Barack-Evans for Merantau Films, Irwan D. Mussry, Nick Spicer and Todd Brown on behalf of XYZ. Matt Flannery (The Raid: Redemption) and Dimas Imam Subhono served as cinematographers with Joseph Trapanese (The Bourne Legacy), Aria Prayogi (The Raid: Redemption) and Fajar Yuskemal (The Raid: Redemption) scoring the picture.

:movie:

Reactions: ocielz
The Raid 2: Berandal - Official Theatrical Trailer (2014)

EEK! :LOL: :scat: :scat:

2 more months to go! :oohyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
raid 3 has also been announced

:scat: :scat:

Gareth Evans discusses The Raid 3!

The Raid 2: Berandal might not have arrived in cinemas yet, but that hasn’t stopped director Gareth Evans from teasing some details from planned follow-up, The Raid 3.

“The Raid 2 takes place two hours after the first,” tweeted Evans. “The Raid 3 would start two hours before The Raid 2 ends.”

Meanwhile, Evans has also commented on the recent trailer for the first sequel, which he promises barely scratches the surface of the finished film.

“Only spoilers for Act 1 setup,” he said of the latest footage. "Naturally, there’s a ton of stuff we have kept hidden from the trailer. About 4/5 action scenes don’t feature at all.”

Evans plans to follow the sequel with an English-language film, before diving back into Rama’s world for part three. Looks like there are plenty more bones to be broken yet.

In issue 217 of Total Film magazine, director Gareth Evans reveals his plans for The Raid 3.

Inside the issue - which is available for just £1.99 on your iPad - the action filmmaker tells us that the third film in the franchise will offer up some surprises.

"It's going to be very different from The Raid and The Raid 2," he tells us. "It's probably smaller to a certain degree.

"It has the potential to feel bigger, but it's much more of an intimate story."

The Raid 2: Berandal opens in the US on 28 March 2014, and in the UK on 11 April 2014.

Bring it!!! :LOL:

Reactions: ABjerg