The Raid 2 - In theaters March 28, 2014

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
From IMDb:
Again written and directed by Gareth Evans, The Raid 2 picks up right where the first film left off and follows Rama (Iko Uwais) as he goes undercover and infiltrates the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.

Attachments

• radi2.jpg
    radi2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this dude sounds like he really knows his ****, and that he is a 100 percent into these movies to make them awesome as ****!

Still haven't seen the second one though, as I loved the kick ass first one I can't wait for its sequel(s)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bloodsnake007
This is going to be awesome. The first movie was superb, this just looks like it ups the ante so much more. Cannot wait!

‘The Raid 2′ Featurette: 10 Minutes of Behind The Scenes Footage :thumbs:

http://www.slashfilm.com/raid-2-featurette/

This Raid 2 featurette is 10 minutes of awesome. Just like Gareth Evans‘ action epic is longer than average (148 minutes), this behind the scenes video mimics that size and scope. It has a nice chunk of footage and insight into how the filmmaking team made one of the best action movies, well, ever.

Also, the featurette gives a better idea of the plot of The Raid 2, which involves Rama (Iko Uwais) going undercover to infiltrate the ultimate bad guys behind the first Raid. It’s a must watch for anyone anticipating one of the most badass, jaw-dropping, violent and exciting action films you’ll ever see. Check out The Raid 2 featurette below.

Thanks to the official Raid 2 YouTube for this video.

That “#1″ in the title is incredibly promising, suggesting we’ll get a few more of these featurettes before The Raid 2 hits theaters on March 28.

Here’s the official plot description:
Following immediately after the events of THE RAID, RAMA (Iko Uwais) is forced to reinvent himself as an undercover cop in order to provide protection for his wife and child. Working for the anti-corruption taskforce led by the one person he can trust, BUNAWAR, he is given a mission to engage himself as an enforcer for a local mob boss, BANGUN. Finding a way in through BANGUN’s son UCO, RAMA must hunt for information linking BANGUN with police force corruption. All the while, he harbors a dangerous and personal vendetta for revenge and justice that threatens to consume him- and bring both this mission and the organized crime syndicates crashing down.

:scat: :scat: :LOL:

My Cineworld are doing an advanced screening of this on March 31st... needless to say my ticket is booked!!

Gareth Evans revealed recently that The Raid 3 would overlap with The Raid 2 in terms of narrative chronology. But in terms of real-life production, there’ll be a significant gap between the two.

I’m not touching The Raid 3 for a couple of years from now. I don’t have any plans to do The Raid 3 within the next two or three years so I’m going to take a break from that franchise for a bit. I want to do some things outside of Indonesia for like two films, then come back to Indonesia and shoot The Raid 3

However, Evans does have plans to re-team with The Raid star Iko Uwais in between. “I have another one I want to shoot with him first,” he said. “Still in the action genre and it’s something that he needs to train for for a fair amount of time. You have to make good with some weaponry, my friend.” [Crave Online]

hmm I am concerned he is going to ruin the franchise by taking a long break. Usually sequels tend to suck when the director takes a long break and then comes back, the ideas aren't there anymore.

However, I am interested in whatever he is working with Iko Uwais :scat:

Friday is almost HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scat: :oohyeah: :LOL:

The Raid 2: Behind The Scenes - Part 2!

:movie: