The Thing (2011) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Thanks to Olorin for pointing this out - bluray-disc.de lists the Thing (2011) as a steelbook release.

Release Date: March 22nd, 2012

attachment.php

Order link - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005RY7I4K/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Actual pictures -

Debossed and inside art (Thanks Maddin83)

View attachment 7761

View attachment 7762

Attachments

• The Thing.jpg
    The Thing.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
I see a lot of people comparing this to Carpenter's movie "The Thing". You all do know that this is a prequel to his film don't you? It's going to follow a completely different story line leading up to where Carpenter's film began. Personally, I haven't seen it but I'm stoked to watch it. :oohyeah: :movie:

I see a lot of people comparing this to Carpenter's movie "The Thing". You all do know that this is a prequel to his film don't you? It's going to follow a completely different story line leading up to where Carpenter's film began. Personally, I haven't seen it but I'm stoked to watch it. :oohyeah: :movie:

I really enjoyed it, knowing full well it leads right into Carpenters masterpiece!

I'd wished they wouldn't have used CGI effects on the creature and do it "old school" like Carpenter did.

Funny I watched the Carpenter flick the other night (which looks great on BR btw) and thought it was still a great movie apart from the F/X, which I thought ranged from decent/passable to hilariously bad (the spider head being pulled along on a trolley). I think CGI would only have enhanced Carpenter's version if used well.

the original rocks! :scat: wish they came out with a steel on that one. ground-breaking sci-fi movie! but i'll wait on the artwork on this one 1st before biting

More then likely it will be a plain cover:( no debossing/Embossing, looks like it would be too much for the machine to do something fancy for the cover. Maybe a Matte finish???

How well does grooves pack with their shipments? Looks like it's free shipping to the US, unless I missed something.