The Thing (2011) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Thanks to Olorin for pointing this out - bluray-disc.de lists the Thing (2011) as a steelbook release.

Release Date: March 22nd, 2012

attachment.php

Order link - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005RY7I4K/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Actual pictures -

Debossed and inside art (Thanks Maddin83)

View attachment 7761

View attachment 7762

Attachments

• The Thing.jpg
    The Thing.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:
TG8MP--20% off

It says "Valid for 1 order per customer until 10th Feb 2012 and up to 30 USD order value. No combination with other discount codes possible."

It should work.

yes it did $22.42 shipped to the us. added to make sure to pack well in comments section

how sweet is this steelbook going to be if the writing is embossed / debossed?

given how much of a disappointment the steelbook for the original movie is, I can't wait until this one is released. :D

How come the 2011 version uses the English title, yet the beloved Original gets called Das Ding? WTF???

I was kind of thinking that we might see this steelbook appear somewhere else, but the original is limited only to Germany.

That makes sense if it's true.

Like chip said this would be an awesome Black slipcase with clear letters!!!! Now that we've seen how France got their steelbook, let's hope for a slight difference(inside artwork) in this one plus a slip!!!!

Reactions: blu-steel
Its obviously a slip. Look at the FSk logo. Its a triangle and they are always on the plastic slips.

But that is not the final Sticker logo as it says (FSK 16 beantragt)!
"beantragt" waiting for confirmation on FSK 16...

But hopefully you are right and it will be a blacl slip for the debossed silver Steelbook :D