The Thing (2011) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Thanks to Olorin for pointing this out - bluray-disc.de lists the Thing (2011) as a steelbook release.

Release Date: March 22nd, 2012

attachment.php

Order link - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005RY7I4K/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Actual pictures -

Debossed and inside art (Thanks Maddin83)

View attachment 7761

View attachment 7762

Attachments

• The Thing.jpg
    The Thing.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
How well does grooves pack with their shipments? Looks like it's free shipping to the US, unless I missed something.

The last time i used grooves they packed the steels well,none of them arrived damaged;)

if i remember rightly,you can put a note asking for them to pack them well during payment.

Reactions: darczap
The last time i used grooves they packed the steels well,none of them arrived damaged;)

if i remember rightly,you can put a note asking for them to pack them well during payment.

Thanks Darren :D

Now to decide if I really want it or not lol. Saw it in the theater and wasn't overly impressed. I do remember that it did have awesome audio though.

I just read a review the blu ray disc and it got a Highly Recommended rating!!! Great audio and video plus a great review for the movie:) can't wait for this one!!! Hopefully it turns out to be a steelbook:)

Reactions: apsmith21
I didn't think the movie was 'bad' either, it is much better than what Rotten Tomatoes had for its rotten rating. The only part that I did not really like is near the end where I think they went a bit overboard in terms of the alien creature, which the original never did. I am also one who prefers physical props as opposed to CG, and seeing the actual props of the creature they had created which ultimately got cut in favour of the CG we got at the end was kind of disappointing. I hope they can add back the props for the creature in a director's cut or something.

the 'steelbook' in the title was removed from the listing title.. anyone else notice that?

Are you using Chrome to view the product page for this steelbook? If you are, mouse over the main title and Chrome will show you the original text which reads, "The Thing - Steelbook [Blu-ray]"

Give it a try.

Are you using Chrome to view the product page for this steelbook? If you are, mouse over the main title and Chrome will show you the original text which reads, "The Thing - Steelbook [Blu-ray]"

Give it a try.

I am indeed!
thanks for the heads up Ash!:scat:

Just ordered this for $22.42 shipped from Grooves (used a coupon)! Hope it turns out to be a steelbook.