The Wicker Man (1973) (Blu-ray SteelBook) HDN CHOSEN ART (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART ON STEELBOOK - WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

• Choice 1

Votes: 92 27.9%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 204 61.8%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 14, 2013
Purchase link: The Wicker Man
Price: £14.99
Notes: 4k print run, inside art chosen by HDN community!

image.jpg
wicker pback.jpg

From Zavvi:
To all The Wicker Man fans, you’ll be very pleased to know the Blu-ray will include the UK theatrical cut, The Directors Cut (with seamless branching into extra scenes) and of course The Final Cut, plus lots more - now there's a reason to celebrate! Keep following The Wicker Man for more details

Official specs as per Studio Canal -

Blu-ray

The Final Cut

Burnt Offering: The Cult of The Wicker Man documentary written by Mark Kermode

Worshiping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The Music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

Interview with Christopher Lee & Robin Hardy (1979)

Restoration comparison

Trailers

DVD

The Final Cut

Worshipping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART!!! MAKE YOUR CHOICE AND LET'S DESIGN A STEELBOOK! :thumbs:

CHOICE 1
View attachment 31064

CHOICE 2 - FINAL PICK!
View attachment 31065

CHOICE 3
View attachment 31066

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the missing disc in the post today, i didn't even know it had a disc missing, just come on here to see what it was all about.

Mine came today to after an email from Zavvi.

The disc is disc 2,the Final Cut,UK theatrical cut,The Directors Cut(with audio commentary) and Making of audio commentary short film.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Did you get a email from zavvi telling you it was dispatched
or did it just turn up without any notice from zavvi

I got an email from Zavvi.

So for those of us who haven't opened our SteelBook - Are there actually three disc holders inside, or just two?

From the eMail Zavvi sent out, I got the impression that they had originally announced a 3-disc version but the studio then decided to cut it down to just two discs. However, it could also be interpreted as it is supposed to have three discs inside, but due to a factory error it actually only included two of the three - Which is it?

Did anyone else notice that the extra disc came from "Washbag Outlet Store" rather than Zavvi? They also couldn't be bothered to include my surname on the address label either!

104_2613.jpg

Problem solved, right? XD Its not like Zavvi shipped the disc in nothing you know (You'll have to bend the paper sleeve just a tiny bit, but it then fits and shuts perfectly.)

Or again just use the DVD copy as a frizzbe, unless you want to creep out your kids on car journeys.... XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rapta
Anyone in Rep of Ireland
Get delivery of the missing third disc

I got this original email on 11/11/2013
Hi Paul Boland

Thank you for purchasing “The Wicker Man - The Final Cut - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook” on order number *********.

As you may already be aware when we first announced this title it was expected to be a 3 disc release containing extra cuts of the movie, unfortunately it has come to our attention that the product only contained a 2 disc version.

We have contacted the studio responsible for the release of The Wicker Man and arrangements have been made to send the missing third disc to you. As soon as we are ready to send these to you we will be back in touch.

Please accept our apologies for this error and any inconvenience or disappointment it may have caused.

Kind regards,
Zavvi Customer Service Team
I have not received a dispatch email like some of you have received or delivery yet
Has anyone in Rep of Ireland got a dispatch email or got delivery of missing third disc

Last edited:
Anyone in Rep of Ireland
Get delivery of the missing third disc

I got this original email on 11/11/2013
Hi Paul Boland

Thank you for purchasing “The Wicker Man - The Final Cut - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook” on order number *********.

As you may already be aware when we first announced this title it was expected to be a 3 disc release containing extra cuts of the movie, unfortunately it has come to our attention that the product only contained a 2 disc version.

We have contacted the studio responsible for the release of The Wicker Man and arrangements have been made to send the missing third disc to you. As soon as we are ready to send these to you we will be back in touch.

Please accept our apologies for this error and any inconvenience or disappointment it may have caused.

Kind regards,
Zavvi Customer Service Team
I have not received a dispatch email like some of you have received or delivery yet
Has anyone in Rep of Ireland got a dispatch email or got delivery of missing third disc

Got it today in post in Ireland. Got dispatch email on 20th November.

Reactions: paulboland
Zavvis user support concerning replacements is just incredible. The second time that I just got the disc in the mail, without having to do anything. Awesome!

They still haven't sent mine out and I've asked twice and they keep telling me sorry we don't know when it will be sent out. I had this pre ordered from day one and raised this issue with them the second I got it. They are proper mugging me off!

Got my 3rd disc yesterday. It seems all us Irish peeps got our discs fairly quickly. It's great that Zavvi followed up on this.

I'm In Rep of Ireland

I not got the 3rd disc yet

I got the original email telling me I will get it but I not got a dispatch email yet that some have

I sent them an email asking when I can expect delivery and they gave me this reply

Hello Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch about order **********.

This will be sent to you in the second batch, as the first batch has already gone out.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Reactions: Sigill
Placed an order. Too cheap to resist for 9.99GBP. Hope I get my extra disc soon. Did you have to email or do they send it to you automatically?

I think the extra disc only went to those who pre-ordered because the listing was incorrect. Zavvi now has a correctly listed 1xBD plus 1xDVD release so I doubt they are obliged to give away the second BD.

I've been waiting for this price drop so I can combine it with the 3 disc release. Got some reward points to redeem as well so I'm pretty happy!

I think the extra disc only went to those who pre-ordered because the listing was incorrect. Zavvi now has a correctly listed 1xBD plus 1xDVD release so I doubt they are obliged to give away the second BD.

This is my understanding aswell, but if someone who ordered it today can confirm this when it arrives, that would be great. :thumbs:

I've been waiting for this price drop so I can combine it with the 3 disc release. Got some reward points to redeem as well so I'm pretty happy!

Dammit that sucks! Does anyone know which version is the best?

I generally like to have the directors cut, but is the Final cut as good?