The Wicker Man (1973) (Blu-ray SteelBook) HDN CHOSEN ART (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART ON STEELBOOK - WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

• Choice 1

Votes: 92 27.9%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 204 61.8%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 14, 2013
Purchase link: The Wicker Man
Price: £14.99
Notes: 4k print run, inside art chosen by HDN community!

image.jpg
wicker pback.jpg

From Zavvi:
To all The Wicker Man fans, you’ll be very pleased to know the Blu-ray will include the UK theatrical cut, The Directors Cut (with seamless branching into extra scenes) and of course The Final Cut, plus lots more - now there's a reason to celebrate! Keep following The Wicker Man for more details

Official specs as per Studio Canal -

Blu-ray

The Final Cut

Burnt Offering: The Cult of The Wicker Man documentary written by Mark Kermode

Worshiping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The Music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

Interview with Christopher Lee & Robin Hardy (1979)

Restoration comparison

Trailers

DVD

The Final Cut

Worshipping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART!!! MAKE YOUR CHOICE AND LET'S DESIGN A STEELBOOK! :thumbs:

CHOICE 1
View attachment 31064

CHOICE 2 - FINAL PICK!
View attachment 31065

CHOICE 3
View attachment 31066

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you order this now, are we to assume Zavvi will send the 3rd disk aswell?

I find it's difficult to assume anything with Zavvi.

Why couldnt they have sorted this mess out prior to the release? we knew about it for weeks before it was due out...ended up cancelling it in favour of the 3 disk amaray. I have the soundtrack already so the 'missing' bluray was the dealbreaker for me

Oh well...

Reactions: lolwut
Got the email about the missing disc. But my first reaction was "What disc?" then "Oh that's nice, but I mostly care only about the steelbook and that came in mint condition". Then I realized how messed up my train-of-thoughts was.

Reactions: rj531
Got the e-mail too. Thanks Zavvi and StudioCanal for fixing the mistake. :thumbs:

So just to confirm... If I place an order today for this steelbook I will get all 3 discs? I know for those who already have it the disc will come separately but what are they doing for the ones that havn't been shipped yet? Is the disc going to be included in a sleeve or something?

Last edited:
So just to confirm... If I place an order today for this steelbook I will get all 3 discs? I know for those who already have it the disc will come separately but what are they doing for the ones that havn't been shipped yet? Is the disc going to be included in a sleeve or something?

I doubt it because the contents on zavvis description has now changed but myself and others pre ordered this when it had the original 3 disk listing and then that changed about a week before it was released.

Email from Zavvi
Hi Jason

We are pleased to advise that the missing third disc(s) from your purchase of “The Wicker Man - The Final Cut - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook” on order number XXXX has now been despatched to you, this should arrive shortly but we do ask that you please allow the usual time scales for delivery.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused, if there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi Customer Service Team

Reactions: hammerdave
Email from Zavvi

I have not received dispatched email yet
I got the previous email telling me

As you may already be aware when we first announced this title it was expected to be a 3 disc release containing extra cuts of the movie, unfortunately it has come to our attention that the product only contained a 2 disc version.

We have contacted the studio responsible for the release of The Wicker Man and arrangements have been made to send the missing third disc to you. As soon as we are ready to send these to you we will be back in touch.

Please accept our apologies for this error and any inconvenience or disappointment it may have caused.

Kind regards,
Zavvi Customer Service Team

Anyone else get the dispatch email for missing third disc