The Wicker Man (1973) (Blu-ray SteelBook) HDN CHOSEN ART (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART ON STEELBOOK - WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

• Choice 1

Votes: 92 27.9%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 204 61.8%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 14, 2013
Purchase link: The Wicker Man
Price: £14.99
Notes: 4k print run, inside art chosen by HDN community!

image.jpg
wicker pback.jpg

From Zavvi:
To all The Wicker Man fans, you’ll be very pleased to know the Blu-ray will include the UK theatrical cut, The Directors Cut (with seamless branching into extra scenes) and of course The Final Cut, plus lots more - now there's a reason to celebrate! Keep following The Wicker Man for more details

Official specs as per Studio Canal -

Blu-ray

The Final Cut

Burnt Offering: The Cult of The Wicker Man documentary written by Mark Kermode

Worshiping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The Music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

Interview with Christopher Lee & Robin Hardy (1979)

Restoration comparison

Trailers

DVD

The Final Cut

Worshipping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART!!! MAKE YOUR CHOICE AND LET'S DESIGN A STEELBOOK! :thumbs:

CHOICE 1
View attachment 31064

CHOICE 2 - FINAL PICK!
View attachment 31065

CHOICE 3
View attachment 31066

Last edited by a moderator:
My third disc has arrived :LOL:

Arrived in A5 Cardboard Envelope with white disc envelope inside with Blu-Ray Disc 2
The UK Theatrical Cut
The Director's Cut
Making of Commentary (Video) and Audio Commentary

I removed the useless dvd from the steelbook and put the Blu-ray Disc 2 in its place:scat:

Last edited:
could some kind ninja explain me in few words the "disc gate" about this release?

Zavvi ballsed up the original listing on their site and said that this would include all 3 cuts of the film, when it doesn't, it only contains the Final Cut. Which is arguably the worst one.

They had to send out the disc containing the 3 cuts to anyone who pre-ordered. If you order now, you won't get the extra disk.

could some kind ninja explain me in few words the "disc gate" about this release?

It was originally advertised by zavvi as having the 'final cut' bluray disk and the second bluray disk containing the uk theatrical cut and the directors cut, but on release only contained the bluray of the final cut and a dvd version of the final cut, no second bluray of extra cuts. folks got mad, zavvi/studio canal sent out the second bluray disk to those who had pre ordered with the incorrect details on the website, so then zavvi corrected the details to say 1 'final cut' blu, 1 'final cut' dvd thus subsequent orders were not eligible for the 'replacement' second bluray

damn...hayemaker got there first, and in fewer words... lol

i've never watched this horror masterpiece and i was pretty happy for the chance, but i won't get the "worst cut" only, even if the front artwork looks stunning...

So does the final cut ruin the film? Or is it only bad once you've seen the other versions?

The Final cut was a version produced for the US and not one I believe the director had much say on. It just seems strange they would include this version on its own in this set. It should be in the extras at best IMO.

Reactions: Mojo

Anyone got a despatch notice at all? I have a feeling like recent releases of previously out of stock items all of a sudden being available again e.g. The Prestige, I personally think that Zavvi are using a tried and tested formula of "Bait & Switch" Tempt you in to buying and you then add additional items then, after a week or so they can no longer source the title you wanted and cancel your order. By then the other items have been despatched and received.

You look on your orders and it states through this period that "Stock will be despatched to you as soon as we receive it from our supplier" How when only 4000 made and sold out a long time ago? There is no more available from the supplier!! Or it there?

Just my opinion by the way! :D

So does the final cut ruin the film? Or is it only bad once you've seen the other versions?

The Final cut was a version produced for the US and not one I believe the director had much say on. It just seems strange they would include this version on its own in this set. It should be in the extras at best IMO.

Director had the final say on 'The Final cut'

I did an article on it

https://www.hidefninja.com/2013/09/13/uk-resurrecting-the-wicker-man/