HMV Ireland
Xtra-Vision UK
Base.com
Price: £22.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited:
Re-releasing a year old movie which had multiple separate world wide editions, without even having the decency to include the 3D disc, is utterly pathetic.

...but not at all surprising considering how low the steelbook re-release cash cow has become. :vomit:

I've just noticed something about this art.
Now I may be wrong but the image of wolverine is not how he looks in the film. It's more origins or earlier. His hair and facial hair is not like that in this film.
They kind of changed his image a little in the wolverine and DOFP. He has much shorter hair and shorter beard plus he's more hench in those films than any of the previous films and you can see that he's not that hench in that image (even though it's just his face you can just tell).
Also I agree that eye is weird and annoying.
I actually think the first class magneto looks the best out of these and I think even if they release the others with storm etc I will not be bothered about ordering them. Even my OCD says no!
I'm happy with the first class one because I don't own the play version and in honesty it don't look great either so I'm glad I waited also I'm against printed backs. Howard the duck is the only printed back I own and hopefully stays that way

Not really sold on this if its a single disc, 2D only release - especially at these prices ($38 USD!!!)

I cancelled my preorders for now, but may reorder if glossy and Em/debossed is confirmed later

Last edited:
I find it funny that everyone's hating on this artwork. It's very Jock-ish, but since it's not Jock, people hate it. If it was Jock art, I'm sure everyone would be going crazy for them. Still a hundred times better than the art on the Breaking Bad Steels.

I'm hating on this art because it's not even the correct wolverine art for the film. Can't Believe no one else has noticed this

Or at least I think it's not the correct wolverine. The more I look at it im not sure

Oh and that eye lol

I'm hating on this art because it's not even the correct wolverine art for the film. Can't Believe no one else has noticed this
l

To me it looks like Wolverine at the funeral, where he is wearing the black suit

EDIT: I've only seen this on my phone, but is he shirtless? Or wearing a robe? Hard to tell. Still a pass for me.

Reactions: tridon
To me it looks like Wolverine at the funeral, where he is wearing the black suit

Fair enough.

Just looks like a different wolverine to me. Maybe because it's an "artistic" version and not an actual picture.

Or at least I think it's not the correct wolverine. The more I look at it im not sure

Oh and that eye lol

It's the same art that Kimchidvd used for the postcards for their X-Men: DoFP SteelBook exclusive.

Kimchi.jpg
The only thing that bothers me is... why did Fox release the X-Men 1-3 SteelBooks with film artwork and then X-Men 4-6 with this kind of artwork? A little consistency would be nice. Now I want X-Men 1-3 with the Mystique, Storm and Jean artwork.

It's the same art that Kimchidvd used for the postcards for their X-Men: DoFP SteelBook exclusive.

View attachment 134480
The only thing that bothers me is... why did Fox release the X-Men 1-3 SteelBooks with film artwork and then X-Men 4-6 with this kind of artwork? A little consistency would be nice. Now I want X-Men 1-3 with the Mystique, Storm and Jean artwork.
Yeah, if they released all the movies with that artwork, I'd definitely be in for that.

Say Zavvi, when we're done re-releasing titles, when are we getting Dredd and American Psycho?
Yeah not sure what is holding up Dredd and AP but this one is not Exclusive to them, from listing. So hopefully the other 2 get updates soon. Looking forward to Dredd pending art.....

I can not say that I hate this design...Same back art for all of them? and the price? :whistle: please...I 'm a good super heroes 'client, but it is time to change something before the indigestion...May be around 10-12£, but not more.:joy:

View attachment 134480

Oh yeah I know kimchi released them as postcards with DOFP but just because kimchi did it don't mean I have to like it and they can get some things wrong I suppose (like dallas Buyers club lenticular with the massive mcconaughey - I know it's not them designing it and it looks like a lovely lenti but if someone else other than a Asian retailer released it there would be up roar and I would still like to get that Dallas buyers club version. Also now the zavvi avengers steel/ lenti is annoying me with the weird sized hulk and cap and also some of the other characters look a bit weird but I still want it)

I just don't like some of the choices for those postcards which will now be on steelbooks. And where I have them all but first class I don't want to double dip on them all. It's a waste of money for me.

Like I said before I do really like the magneto one but I dont like sabertooth on origins (but then who else do you put on the front if wolverine is already on another). That's the one that bothers me most and his face a has a rapey look on it which freaks me out and then there's the wolverine one which in my mind is not the correct wolverine and he's got a dodgy eye. If the eye was sorted out it would be a cool image.

It's also a defence mechanism for me because we have already had steels for them which are not even that old and these are ridiculous prices for catalogue with bland back artworks (but I suppose we are seeing a lot of re releases now where studios/ retailers know they can squeeze more money out of us)

And then I contradict myself because i don't want to buy the crappy play.com first class (just my opinion - it looks incredibly boring and has a printed back) but now have a chance to get the magneto first class version.

I'm happy with the original 3 with the film artwork aswell as origins with wolverine on and the HMV wolverine which I think looks great.
also if they do release the other 3 with Storm, Jean grey and mystique id rather have one from this set than get 5 of them and miss one out (origins). I think my OCD would bother me more that way plus origins isn't the best and really don't want to double dip on that one.
Also if we do get a extended DOFP steel then I would like to get that at some point because in a way it's kind of a new film but I can only imagine it will be this kind of art but with rogues face which personally don't sit right with me even though it will be the rogue edition. Ahhh this is all complicated now lol

I know I sound like a mad one on this post and very contradicting but it's hard to explain myself by typing something than saying it in words. Plus it's late here or early however you want to look at it.

I actually wished l liked the wolverine and sabertooth versions so I could get them and sell the others to be more consistent with the artwork too but I'm just not feeling them.

I'm happy I've ordered the first class version and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited: