HMV Ireland
Xtra-Vision UK
Base.com
Price: £22.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah I know kimchi released them as postcards with DOFP but just because kimchi did it don't mean I have to like it and they can get some things wrong I suppose (like dallas Buyers club lenticular with the massive mcconaughey - I know it's not them designing it and it looks like a lovely lenti but if someone else other than a Asian retailer released it there would be up roar and I would still like to get that Dallas buyers club version. Also now the zavvi avengers steel/ lenti is annoying me with the weird sized hulk and cap and also some of the other characters look a bit weird but I still want it)

I just don't like some of the choices for those postcards which will now be on steelbooks. And where I have them all but first class I don't want to double dip on them all. It's a waste of money for me.

Like I said before I do really like the magneto one but I dont like sabertooth on origins (but then who else do you put on the front if wolverine is already on another). That's the one that bothers me most and his face a has a rapey look on it which freaks me out and then there's the wolverine one which in my mind is not the correct wolverine and he's got a dodgy eye. If the eye was sorted out it would be a cool image.

It's also a defence mechanism for me because we have already had steels for them which are not even that old and these are ridiculous prices for catalogue with bland back artworks (but I suppose we are seeing a lot of re releases now where studios/ retailers know they can squeeze more money out of us)

And then I contradict myself because i don't want to buy the crappy play.com first class (just my opinion - it looks incredibly boring and has a printed back) but now have a chance to get the magneto first class version.

I'm happy with the original 3 with the film artwork aswell as origins with wolverine on and the HMV wolverine which I think looks great.
also if they do release the other 3 with Storm, Jean grey and mystique id rather have one from this set than get 5 of them and miss one out (origins). I think my OCD would bother me more that way plus origins isn't the best and really don't want to double dip on that one.
Also if we do get a extended DOFP steel then I would like to get that at some point because in a way it's kind of a new film but I can only imagine it will be this kind of art but with rogues face which personally don't sit right with me even though it will be the rogue edition. Ahhh this is all complicated now lol

I know I sound like a mad one on this post and very contradicting but it's hard to explain myself by typing something than saying it in words. Plus it's late here or early however you want to look at it.

I actually wished l liked the wolverine and sabertooth versions so I could get them and sell the others to be more consistent with the artwork too but I'm just not feeling them.

I'm happy I've ordered the first class version and I'll leave it at that.

It's all good. Just wanted to let you know that I've seen this artwork elsewhere before and that it's not just brand-new for these SteelBooks. I think your way of thought works just fine. I'm not getting them because I'm broke, but I probably would if the other X-films had similar covers.

Reactions: Flloydo
It's all good. Just wanted to let you know that I've seen this artwork elsewhere before and that it's not just brand-new for these SteelBooks. I think your way of thought works just fine. I'm not getting them because I'm broke, but I probably would if the other X-films had similar covers.

Yeah to be honest I couldn't afford them all over again anyway.
They do work well as a set of postcards with a release like what kimchi did. That don't bother me at all.
I'm probably going to cancel first class anyway until it's way cheaper.

I wonder, if they do re release all these like this, then what would happen for the next solo wolverine outing artwork? Would they keep them consistent or another load of new artworks? Lol who knows (not directing that question at you tridon just as a general question unless you do know the answer already lol).
Probably be the villain of that film like sabertooth for origins and then x men apocalypse would either professor x or apocalypse I suppose.
Now I'm jumping well far ahead lol

I've just found something really strange. On the IMDb site for x men apocalypse it's a viral video and I'm not sure if this is randomly fan made or from the x men team and I don't know if anyone has seen this, I've heard nothing of this myslef but check it out. Very strange

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3385516/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk

Ordered all of them with the VC1050 code, can't miss out on them.. :rolleyes:

But i'm keeping my eyes out, since these are not stated to be Zavvi-exclusive, i would place a bet on them beeing released at least at one more retailer.. maybe even here in germany as a re-release? :naughty:
Also, i'm pretty shure they will do the other movies with these artworks sooner or later as well, think they will continue to use the artworks that Kimchi put as Cards in their DOFP-lenti. :thumbs:

So funny, the zavvi Facebook has so much abuse for these releases about the price and re releases with someone calling them out as "robbing c*nts" well Suprised they haven't taken that down.

Did anyone watch that strange viral video I posted on here last night from IMDB's x-men apocalypse page ? It's so weird

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3385516/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk

The silver HMV version is so much nicer IMO, although I get that people might want a set of these movies with matching styles of artwork

Same boat, like em, bot not spending that especially with all the other versions already out that have sold so much cheaper.

I cancelled all my orders of the new artwork

I will wait for a big price drop as I'm not in a rush to get these and as they are available from all retailers I expect these will be around for a good while as at a minimum I expect the print run is at least 4,000 and other countries also are getting these steelbooks with some getting the first 3 X-Men films with same style artwork