Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook)

Release Date: Feb 21, 2014
Order Links:
Jsdvd.com - NT$1,020
YesAsia - $49.99 USD
Books.tw - NT$1,048

4710756542667-2.jpg

Pictures of actual SteelBook courtesy of jesse liu:
e09f4916-ac1c-4fc0-bd5e-787f64348ca8_zps7a5c1ff8.jpg

0532218a-bd88-438a-95fa-8f0772a4e352_zps5f443795.jpg

feeaa7ea-0dc0-4a43-8616-4639d7027a52_zps79d1876a.jpg

Old artwork of naked SteelBook:
Thor.png

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 411
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm too weak! :ordered:

I caved in as well and ordered. So far I have:

both Kimchi exclusives
Best Buy
Taiwan.

Waiting for Blufans to go live. That means I will have 5 versions of the same film :joy:

Just waiting for a shipping invoice now.

I think my addiction is getting outta control. May need to go to therapy soon :p. Maybe Steelbook Annonymous.

We are all weak my friends :p Welcome to S.A group (Steelbook Annonymous) ;)

Reactions: Bluprint
Looks like 2 left on jsdvd. 38 on Books.

After I go pick up the Target slip today, I'll be at

Best Buy SB
Taiwan SB
Singapore SB
Kimchi 1/4
Kimchi Full
-Blufans (whenever it comes out)
Regular Amaray
Target Slip

Still hoping to get a Hong Kong one, too. This one is gonna bankrupt me!

edit:

Sold out on JSDVD now

You ordered with HMV:thumbs:? Hong Kong OOS everywhere already, because plastic box no 2D + 3D combo pack, distributor released 2D and 3D both plastic box:(, so someone buy the steel not really want to, just for combo pack, and most interested part is, distributor may release a 2D+3D plastic combo pack on future :hilarious:.

You ordered with HMV:thumbs:? Hong Kong OOS everywhere already, because plastic box no 2D + 3D combo pack, distributor released 2D and 3D both plastic box:(, so someone buy the steel not really want to, just for combo pack, and most interested part is, distributor may release a 2D+3D plastic combo pack on future :hilarious:.

No, I missed out on the pre-order, so I'm hoping I can try and find one through some other avenue.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

I haven't seen a photo yet that shows the silver metallic shine of this slip. IMO its the best slip TW has ever done.

Would be nice to find out what the print run is on this slip.

I agree, that shine is just ridiculous. I don't think another 1/4 slip will beat this one on looks alone. We'll have to see what the other ones look like, but I just can't see anything beating this 1/4 slip.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

So it's safe to say your opinion has changed on this one chip? lol Taiwan rarely disappoints.

I'm not sure what his opinion was before, but he did just say that this is the best slip Taiwan has ever done.

No, I missed out on the pre-order, so I'm hoping I can try and find one through some other avenue.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

I agree, that shine is just ridiculous. I don't think another 1/4 slip will beat this one on looks alone. We'll have to see what the other ones look like, but I just can't see anything beating this 1/4 slip.

EEK! Wish you good luck, buddy! Because it's very hard to find now, if can see any in store should be selling with a crazy price:ohno:.

So it's safe to say your opinion has changed on this one chip? lol Taiwan rarely disappoints.

I was wrong until I saw the slip. We still don't know if they are holding stock back and or if the distributor is sending more. I would assume a high caliber title like this would have been prepared for a relatively high print run.

Its impossible to know whether steels will sell out or not unless you have inside knowledge on print runs.

This is the best looking TW slip I've ever seen.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Thor 2 and WWZ TW are by far the best slips i have seen so far. Fantastic metallic shine and great overall quality on both. Korea should look at these great slips and step up there designs

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Yup. And Japan need slapping over the head with it and then rub their face in it until they get what a slip should look like these days :)

There is some really high praise from very respectable members on here. My copy hasn't arrived yet but you guys have set my expectations through the roof.

It looks like Asia really knocked the socks off of this title and we still haven't even seen Blufans yet.

Salvation TW has a reflective metallic foil slip, and I haven't seen it in person, but Thor 2 has that plus art and embossing. I cannot imagine that Salvation could outdo Thor 2. This has to be the king of TW slips. Well this and The Lion King. Long live the king (whichever you choose).

Was so thrilled with my Taiwan Iron Man 3 that i folded and ordered this one too. Looks really awesome. That slip is very cool too!

So the OOS gimmick worked and this is going to the follow the route of IM3 which got a huge print run?

Maybe. But being someone that bought the IM3 from Taiwan and was thoroughly impressed with it, not only in the incredible slip but the superior quality of the steel itself, I am confident that Thor 2 will prove its worth.

Even the others that have already received theirs are raving about it.