HUBMUSWELL

#Metal Hunter
Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
Slipped under the radar?

Tron Legacy (3d Blu-ray/ Blu-ray/ Digital Copy) (Collectible Metal Packaging)
https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/action-adventure/tron-legacy-3d-blu-ray-blu-ray-digital-copy-steel-book/656083

Release Date 30-11-2011
Price: AUS$37.58, Approx £26

03 June 2013 PRICE CRASH AUS$14.99 EEK!

001.png

20% Discount till 7 Dec

JB_AU_20111130_20_Off_DVD_Banner_728x90_728.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the movie and the metalcase looks great but that is a ridiculous price! I got mine in the sale for $38 and they charged me $9 for shipping. I have tried putting other steels in since and they wanted $22 shipping for just 1 so i don't know how they came to that?!

i was gonna get it when it was on sale but same thing... with shipping it was almost $50. Not worth it imo. I would have done 40 shipped but thats about it.

The cover rocks despite all its other shortcoming as a steel book/viva.

The case looks nice, but I just can't bring myself to purchase any remakes that Hollywood do. I have find memories of watching the original Tron when I was a youngster. I don't want it spoiled. I guess I could just buy the metalpak, not open it and have it sit on the shelf looking pretty. That would entail taking it out of the plastic...

How much of the front is embossed?

The case looks nice, but I just can't bring myself to purchase any remakes that Hollywood do. I have find memories of watching the original Tron when I was a youngster. I don't want it spoiled. I guess I could just buy the metalpak, not open it and have it sit on the shelf looking pretty. That would entail taking it out of the plastic...

How much of the front is embossed?

But it's not a remake - it's a sequel EEK!

Having said that it took me a while to get used to Jeff bridges 'young' face. I'm sure he never looked like that even when he was younger. :D

The front is only embossed on the bike (from memory!) oh and the title as well (perhaps everything blue?), wee bit disappointing given the loveliness of other Viva embossing

is this still available or is it OOP now?

Still available but its $57.99 now at Jb-hifi.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

You should :D - if only for the bike sequences, they look amazing!

I totally agree, this was one of my best films of the year. The film was visually amazing and the soundtrack by Daft Punk is fantastic. CraigH you need to see this film!:)

Last edited:
Nice work DJHilalo! People are only just discovering how awesome these look.

ps. must open to enjoy the true beauty of the embossed bike ;)

^ I got it from the NZ JB website for $NZ45.29. It was down from $NZ56.99. Its still expensive, but I don't think that it will get any cheaper in the foreseeable future.