WandaVision (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive MCP-004) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 27, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on July 27, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $87.98 (Box Set) - $36.99 (Full Slip) - $37.99 (Double Lenti)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 800 Sets, Numbered 1-800. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. 1 x 3D Lenticular, 1 x Flip Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Folder, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

Wandervision_OverallPackshot_OC_2000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_FS_5000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_DLS_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, I'm not very impressed tbh. The rear has a full and pretty interesting transition, unfortunately the front doesn't get it :(
That rear gets better everytime I see it.

Did the maths too and this I can get for £50 delivered, but then I have to buy discs (and so far no ameray has been announced so its £44.99 for the local, no frills steelbook) meaning its a choice of paying double for the 'premium' cover that doesn't feel as premium as it should.

Think I may just go local, basic steel for these shows (plus having only 2 announced and there are a few Disney+ shows I don't mind never having discs for, seems daft to invest more money into the collection, personally)

Reactions: samdavies
The back however is a mess. That video picks up the transitions so much easier than the naked eye. It’s really hard to see and it’s too blurry.
Because we have two eyes, unlike the cameras. That's always a problem for lentis, but try putting it on a shelf and stepping away. Walking by at a distance looking at it, and you should see transitions better. At least that's how it is with my older Blufans Fantastic Beasts with the 3 interchanging black & white Wanted posters.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Because we have two eyes, unlike the cameras. That's always a problem for lentis, but try putting it on a shelf and stepping away. Walking by at a distance looking at it, and you should see transitions better. At least that's how it is with my older Blufans Fantastic Beasts with the 3 interchanging black & white Wanted posters.
cheers for that. I forgot for a second how my eyes and lentis work

And yeah in the right light it kinda works but unfortunately putting it on shelf at eye level and stepping back 16 metres don’t cut it

It’s a poor lenti due to the whole lenti changing to 3 different images. And it’s the whole image that changes not one or two elements of the art. So it instantly makes it harder to see a clean non blurry transition. I can deal with it because the front is so crisp but it is poor

• Haha
Reactions: samdavies
Got my DL today. I like the slip. Still massively peeved the front wasn't transitional, but it is very sharp and has great depth. The rear is a decent transition at arms length, it's an absolute mess if you hold it up close. Steel is great too, sans there's no discs.

Folder and cards are naff though, poor effort. I hope they don't do anymore tv shows after this, maybe just one Loki, at a push.

The good news is that my full slip arrived today. The bad news is that my mail carrier put it in my apartment's mailbox. When the mailbox is closed the opening is smaller than the actual mailbox, so I can't remove the box - and there is no room to put any other mail in the mailbox.

I put a note in there telling the carrier who comes tomorrow that they need to take it out for me. But I have no idea if any of the carriers that deliver to my building will actually do it.

Reactions: yeslek