WandaVision (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive MCP-004) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 27, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on July 27, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $87.98 (Box Set) - $36.99 (Full Slip) - $37.99 (Double Lenti)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 800 Sets, Numbered 1-800. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1250 copies, Numbered 1-1250. 1 x 3D Lenticular, 1 x Flip Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Folder, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

Wandervision_OverallPackshot_OC_2000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_FS_5000x.jpgWandervision_OverallPackshot_DLS_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
You don't like Filmarena lentis but you like this?

This looks pixelly AF!
I don’t understand this argument because all lentis are pixelated to a degree. Some worse than others yeah but all lentis are when you properly look at them. But you always mention this about lentis and it’s also so hard to get a good image and videos of lentis. You should also know this by now. Whenever I see a poor lenti in a video it usually turns out better in hand.

I’ve only ever said the film arena lenti for deadpool was sh!t because It’s the only one I’ve had in hand and it was sh!t. Other than that when it comes to FAs lentis I’ve always complained about transitional lentis when they change to a completely different image and the same criticism I’ve said about other transitional lentis from other retailers like the Weet homecoming lenti more recently. However overall I’m not a fan of FA as most know. But I’ve always praised the good parts of their releases (the few WEA steels and the odd slip)

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Just think in comparison with DS, DS has a better box, better FS (well the Comic Slip), nicer steel and personally I prefer the 1/4 slip and lenti magnet combo over Wandavision's DL that's a bit lazy
DS box is certainly better. But we can’t even bring the Comic FS into the chat for comparison because it’s a side slip or DS. And yeah I hope they carry that on even tho black widow was missing it. But the DS white FS looks poor and boring so already wandavision FS is better. And the WV DL looks clearer than DS DL due to the artwork on the DS lenti being much darker. I also think both steels look great but slightly prefer the wandavision steel. Besides the blufans DS steel looks slightly better than mantas anyway. 1/4 is pointlessly boring (on any release) but at lest the lenti magnet is decent.

And you also comparing a release that had more slips a 1/4 slip, lenti magnet and a lenti on the OC box to this that has 2 slips and a box. it’s just so different. Quality wise between lentis, slip and steels fine

As I said I’ll have it in hand tomorrow and I’ll happily compare it to the DS DL

Should have my OC tomorrow as well, at the moment don't know which one I'm going to open, if any as I may just sell it on

In complete honesty, the front lenti is excellent and clear. In fact one of the clearer lentis I’ve seen from Manta in a long time. The back however is a mess. That video picks up the transitions so much easier than the naked eye. It’s really hard to see and it’s too blurry. Looking at it through my phone and it’s fine but the naked eye it just don’t work. The front however is brilliant

4B7B399C-474E-4769-9DC7-3D78F907E61D.jpeg

65D5BDFB-3175-4674-BBEB-DC40328819A8.jpeg
ADEDA41F-D212-4417-9FC7-AE6F5C421BA8.jpeg
BBBA5393-5B87-407F-9EBC-42F273562622.jpeg
99162E03-28D3-4FEF-A133-01F827B0A092.jpeg
6B1D0797-406A-4E71-B0A6-71AADCFC6392.jpeg
6780A180-6BD0-46BB-BE60-E553C50C7A2F.jpeg

Another criticism which I said from the start is the art cards. Just 3 art cards of the title screen is rubbish Imo. Instead of the art and character cards inside the steel they’ve put them in the thin crappy envelope this CP line has. Honestly they could of added so much more artworks and stills from the show. It’s just lazy

31B392F8-5DEC-4D0B-959D-B5F8EA5002CF.jpeg

5716D1D2-59BE-4E7B-87BC-E369E29C1022.jpeg
396A9EE9-AB21-4080-B174-A522A2FC9615.jpeg

My little Wanda collection (Halloween Wanda)

37BB9566-9989-4745-B39D-E2FF09B275A7.jpeg
7158C1C7-3D11-4A01-9860-3CE88F1160CA.jpeg
B77D1684-8655-4095-A995-0C393FAA9DB2.jpeg
76F8378F-29A5-401D-9D45-3E32142129CA.jpeg

The back however is a mess. That video picks up the transitions so much easier than the naked eye. It’s really hard to see and it’s too blurry. Looking at it through my phone and it’s fine but the naked eye it just don’t work.
Can't say I'm surprised. A 3 way transition is always risky, especially when it's a full image flip like that. Typical the front is fine.. would've been better if both sides had a single transition.

In complete honesty, the front lenti is excellent and clear. In fact one of the clearer lentis I’ve seen from Manta in a long time. The back however is a mess. That video picks up the transitions so much easier than the naked eye. It’s really hard to see and it’s too blurry. Looking at it through my phone and it’s fine but the naked eye it just don’t work. The front however is brilliant

View attachment 564018

So DS is better then :whistle::naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
So DS is better then :whistle::naughty:
Tough one. Both DS lentis on the DL are decent but they are dark. Both the DS lenti clarity’s are better then than the WV back lenti but the front smashes most lentis manta have put out this year. Not sure if it’s just the perfect image to use but the clarity is crazy good in hand.

So both the DS lentis are better than the back of wandavision but the front smashes both DS lentis

You’ve got yours in hand now right? What’s your take on the WV DL?

Tough one. Both DS lentis on the DL are decent but they are dark. Both the DS lenti clarity’s are better then than the WV back lenti but the front smashes most lentis manta have put out this year. Not sure if it’s just the perfect image to use but the clarity is crazy good in hand.

So both the DS lentis are better than the back of wandavision but the front smashes both DS lentis

You’ve got yours in hand now right? What’s your take on the WV DL?

Nope my OC didn't arrive, delivery from it landing in the UK taking longer than usual at the moment :cautious:

Nope my OC didn't arrive, delivery from it landing in the UK taking longer than usual at the moment :cautious:
Mine was stuck in customs for a few days. Other than that pretty rapid

Think BW is dispatching real soon