Watchmen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release Date: October 15, 2012
Price: £10.99
Buy Link: Watchmen
Note: Contains the DIRECTOR'S CUT of the movie.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
any pics of the ones with paint chips? i've checked mine and can't see anything but i might just be missing the wood for the trees

All the ones Ive seen have paint chips on the bottom left corner.

Well I just received a copy today and the good news there isn't a paint chip on the bottom left corner. But here's the bad...a deep scratch probably an inch wide below the Watchman text. Probably one the worst since I started buying SB's. Hopefully my 2nd copy is in better shape.

Well I just received a copy today and the good news there isn't a paint chip on the bottom left corner. But here's the bad...a deep scratch probably an inch wide below the Watchman text. Probably one the worst since I started buying SB's. Hopefully my 2nd copy is in better shape.

I must be blessed. Very lucky to recieve a perfect copy:rolleyes:

Lots of UK sellers on eBay with them right now so good luck to you on getting one at a reasonable price. I'm watching several listings but have a pretty firm limit in mind since I only want one to supplement my ultimate cut.

Pretty sure my parcel has been lost by Hermes, there's been no parcel activity since 13th October :/

Frustrating to say the least (and the second time in a row i've had problems with Hermes delivering to a business address)

I'm from Germany and also haven't received it - same with Prometheus and Hot Fuzz - not impressed with DHL/customs at all these days!!

Did you order several steelbooks which get release on the same day?
Then it's because of play's Fxxkin new environmental friendly delivery policy. Means they don't send individually anymore, they put all the steelbooks in one big box and send it to germany where you can pay a lot of customs for it and of course wait for a long time, because germans customs offices aren't very fast:angry:

I had to wait over 3 weeks for my watchmen steelbook. They sent 4 steelbooks together and i had to pay ~13€ in customs altough every steelbook was individually ordered.

Reactions: Lutzo
Anyone noticed this doesn't sell for much on ebay?

Surprising really, it's a really nice steelbook of a decent comic book movie. Maybe some debossing akin to the german Contraband steel would have pushed the value up. Loving the harsh debossing on that steel, I use a spare one as a cheese grater.

I know not all OOP go up in value, a lot of others can be bought new and sealed for pretty much what they sold for at the retailers (even less in some cases), but thought this would be a high demand item with it going OOS before release date.

Surprising really, it's a really nice steelbook of a decent comic book movie. Maybe some debossing akin to the german Contraband steel would have pushed the value up. Loving the harsh debossing on that steel, I use a spare one as a cheese grater.

I know not all OOP go up in value, a lot of others can be bought new and sealed for pretty much what they sold for at the retailers (even less in some cases), but thought this would be a high demand item with it going OOS before release date.
I'm pretty sure it's the same as IM... some scalpers bought many many units dreaming they could sell these 100£ and more like their Future Shop counterpart.

I think the market is just so saturated with copies at the moment that nobody is willing to panic and pay hefty prices, i saw them selling for like £20-£25 before Play got the re-stock and started selling them, i think a load of people saw an opportunity and purchased multiple copies once they re-stocked thinking they could make a fortune.

I for one bought 2 copies, more for future trades than to sell directly on Ebay but it has to be one of the most commonly listed titles at present on there.

Weren't there some QC issues regarding the quality of the paint too? That might also put off prospective purchasers and hurt value a bit.

I think people are spooked by the paint chip issue. I sold one yesterday for $28 on ebay. I weeded out all the paint chip ones and am only selling mint copies.

In fact I weed out all the bad copies of all my steelbooks and only sell mint ones. I either send the bad ones back or once in a while have a dent and ding sale.