Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my original version but I do like the gold front on this one, shame the back wasnt changed to suit the new design better.
Put in a pre-order for now as I do with most Zavvi steels but will probably cancel before it comes out

Well on Zavvi it says that the release date is not until the end of the year - not sure if that's accurate though.

Pre-ordered. If only because I haven't seen this flick since I was a little nipper :)

Yeah, the December date is just a standard placeholder, it'll probably be out before summer.

I caved in and ordered this along with the two Monty Python Steels.

I think this is a very underrated movie, It combines the live action and hand drawn animation brilliantly. Bob Hoskins and Christopher Lloyd are great, It has the same magic as BTTF, timeless classics.

Even though I already have the first Roger Rabbit steelbook and am happy with it, I just couldn't resist and pre-ordered this one as well. :D

Does anyone know how many copies they are going to produce? Normally I don't like most Zavvi-steelbooks being limited to 1000-3000 copies, but since this is a special anniversary version, it should have limited copies.

Overall I like the red steelbook better, but this gold one could look nice and be worth owning if they really put effort into glossy finish.

If the release date is correct there's going to be a long wait until we see real pictures though.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: halliwell
Pre-ordered without a moment's hesitation - looks great imho.
Hoping for a 4,000 print run on this to enable collectors who missed out on the overrated original or are unwilling to pay the prices on eBay.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
Pre-ordered without a moment's hesitation - looks great imho.
Hoping for a 4,000 print run on this to enable collectors who missed out on the overrated original or are unwilling to pay the prices on eBay.

So You think the original red "HDN steelbook of the year 2013" version is overrated yet ordered this version which is pretty much the same steelbook "without hesitation"

Pre-ordered. I hope the gold edition will be as good a the red edition. I missed the red edition and only ever seen pictures, but from the pictures it looked dam good, full gloss and embossing

The original is by far the best ever Zavvi exclusive (IMO) and to think it's the first too which makes it all the more brilliant. Overrated? Not enough for me. :)

Reactions: Kashby