Who wants to see "New Release" Mondo SteelBooks in the USA?

Do you want "new release" Mondo Blu-ray SteelBooks in the USA?

• YES

Votes: 298 89.2%
  • NO

Votes: 36 10.8%

• Total voters

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Guys I've seen some art and slips that are literally "out of this world". PA quality. However I hear it's hard to get US studios on board for new releases as they don't know if there is enough interest. So here's your chance to show your interest and just like threads in the past I'll pass this on to my contacts.

For those of you who don't live in the USA just keep in mind that most studios in the USA have studios in other Countries so if successful here the sooner you will see it in your Country.

And of course you can always obtain copies from other HDN members via Group Buys.

mods: I'll move this to Mondo SteelBook section in a day or 2.

It's safe to say I'm down for pretty much any steel released with Mondo artwork!!

Bring it on

Reactions: spass
Wreck wants us to vote honestly, so I had to vote no. I've just never liked any of the Mondo artwork. I love the idea of the USA getting more steelbook releases, but I would not buy steelbooks with Mondo artwork just because they were Mondo. Sorry.

Wreck wants us to vote honestly, so I had to vote no. I've just never liked any of the Mondo artwork. I love the idea of the USA getting more steelbook releases, but I would not buy steelbooks with Mondo artwork just because they were Mondo. Sorry.
Your honesty is appreciated mate. It's interesting to hear opposite opinions... I'd actually love to hear from the others who have voted "no" - tell us your reasons. :)

Reactions: schrute farms
Ron-Burgundy-What-Did-You-Say-Anchorman.gif

You got some balls.;)

Reactions: schrute farms
Of course, i always support Steels in the US. There have been some bad ones that i bought anyway, but these won't share that problem. :)
Can't wait to see Mondo has planned for us collectors.

No interest in current Mondo steelbooks (with the exception of Dredd) but the more steelbooks the better I say.

I would definitely like to see better artwork than what is often released in the US. Unbroken, for example was terrible. Mondo unbroken would have been welcome.

Can someone point me in the right direction on some reading that will tell me what Mondo is? What does the word mean? Is it an artist, studio, style? Why the sudden apparent popularity? Just trying to get a handle on it - I have the Looper UK steel, plus Enders Game - they're nice enough I guess but curious to learn more. Thanks all :)

@bealay Mondo info here mondotees.com. From their site:
We create limited edition screen printed posters for our favorite classic and contemporary films, television shows and comics, along with vinyl movie soundtracks, VHS re-issues, toys, andapparel. In addition to our online shop, we have a permanentgallery space in Austin, TX featuring a mix of original artwork and limited edition screen prints.

They've gained popularity for several years, and recently launched their own Steelbook line (which is fueling their popularity). More info on Steebooks here. They've garnered quite a following with prints from a variety of artists selling out, often in seconds once live.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: bealay