China
Release date: December 12, 2017
Pre-order on November 8 at 10 AM - EST USA
Price:
Box set $109.99
Double Lenti $47.99
Lenti Edition $45.99
Print run: 2000

BS---WW bxoset.jpgBS---WW 4K lenti.jpgBS---WW double lenti.jpgBS---WW SP.jpgBS---WW lenti.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One saving grace to this fiasco is that at least I have a Fullslip on order with Manta as I thought I'd be "Lenti'd out" with Zeta's OC :drool: Boy how I was wrong... :blackeye::grumpy: Would have looked to pick up Manta's Single/Double Lenti had I known this but hey ho, beggars can't be choosers :p:rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Knowing HDN's history isn't necessary to participate in GBs. Being "new" and having "very few messages" doesn't abstain anyone from voicing their concerns.

lots of non-contributing members to the forum have some sense of entitlement from what I have been reading, joining only for GBs and cry if they can't have one :rolleyes:

:whistle:

In my own opinion, only Premium Members should be able to join GBs. But, I guess, we need the traffic here.

I was thinking the same thing ! ''Contributing and supporting members(Premium Members)'' maybe should have priority/private Group Buys on those ''very low''
Allocation Group Buy @apsmith21 maybe it is something to look into as well ! 30 copies for a GB can easily have been allocated to the members
who are here on a regular basis contributing to HDN

Regarding what you have since deleted, I joined for a GB and stayed for the discussion of upcoming releases which may not seem evident by a post count. I'm not here for elitism. But, I speak only for myself and not others.

People who come in only for HDN group Buys are not contributing members.
Those very limited Group Buys could easily have all been taken by the current long time members of HDN

Wow, didn't realise there's only such a low allocation at HDN for this release. :OMG: Makes me glad I decided to go with the GB at the other forum coz if I had missed out here, I wouldn't have been able to get it at all. I only managed to get a single lenti via HDN coz I checked my phone out of habit and saw the email notifications. Luckily the single lenti went slowest but damn ... if I had known, I'd have gotten that one at the other forum too just to give someone else here a shot. :dunno:

Sorry for everyone who missed out on this. :(

Regarding what you have since deleted, I joined for a GB and stayed for the discussion of upcoming releases which may not seem evident by a post count. I'm not here for elitism. But, I speak only for myself and not others.

I don't care about the post count. I actually care more with one's RATINGS count. It does say something about yourself.

@kryptonite well said !

I was thinking the same thing ! ''Contributing and supporting members(Premium Members)'' maybe should have priority/private Group Buys on those ''very low''
Allocation Group Buy @apsmith21 maybe it is something to look into as well ! 30 copies for a GB can easily have been allocated to the members
who are here on a regular basis contributing to HDN

I think we'll be looking to create a policy so everyone involved understands when to use the GB system, and when not to - this was one of the cases where it would have been better to do it a different way, given the extremely low quantity allocated to HDN.

Reactions: Actarus
Even though I'm bummed for having missed this release (for both reasons, the start time mistake and the low number of copies available), it's good to see some constructive ideas coming out of this flawed situation. Does speak volumes to what HDN truly is, a community trying its best for all collectors. Hopefully, HDZeta decides to allocate more copies for future references so this must never happen again.

This one was always going to sell out ASAP.

I wonder if this one sold out because the movie is THAT good or because the steelbook designs were very popular. I managed to grab a single lenti but I have not seen the movie yet. I have steelbooks in my collection for movies I don't really care for - I just liked the steelbook. Is this wrong?

One saving grace to this fiasco is that at least I have a Fullslip on order with Manta as I thought I'd be "Lenti'd out" with Zeta's OC :drool: Boy how I was wrong... :blackeye::grumpy: Would have looked to pick up Manta's Single/Double Lenti had I known this but hey ho, beggars can't be choosers :p:rolleyes:

Was hoping some more would go live on the hour but nothing

Me too, Im refreshing every minute but no more added pieces.....will check it out all day today until I go sleep.....hopefuly it will appear yet....there is always hope :LOL:....site working good now

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I am talking about members who bash HDN when they miss out on something. Members who only serve themselves.

So no premium member bashed HDN?

I don't understand some posts here from the staff/mods. I remember digitalbabe posted recently about HDN being a civilized community, but then constructive and polite posts of some members here, let them be new or old members, been ignored and criticized...
@Wreck

Last edited:
Wow, didn't realise there's only such a low allocation at HDN for this release. :OMG: Makes me glad I decided to go with the GB at the other forum coz if I had missed out here, I wouldn't have been able to get it at all. I only managed to get a single lenti via HDN coz I checked my phone out of habit and saw the email notifications. Luckily the single lenti went slowest but damn ... if I had known, I'd have gotten that one at the other forum too just to give someone else here a shot. :dunno:

Sorry for everyone who missed out on this. :(
What's the GB process like on the other forum and the communication from their staff/mods? I haven't visited that site in a very long time.

Last edited:
I think it's catch 22 here. If Zeta allocated more for the GB, people who wants to buy direct from the webstore will complain that since they have a webstore and ship internationally, there should be still a substantial amount on live preorder. But for a super blockbuster like WW, 2K print run will leave a lot of collectors disappointed.

I wonder if this one sold out because the movie is THAT good or because the steelbook designs were very popular. I managed to grab a single lenti but I have not seen the movie yet. I have steelbooks in my collection for movies I don't really care for - I just liked the steelbook. Is this wrong?

Sometimes I end up collecting a package simply because it is just a beautifully well put together edition
(but I need to somewhat have liked the movie if I grab such edition)

For WW, the demand was ultra high, like I have said as popular as Blufans' Doctor Strange which was a bloodbath for the Group Buy ! The limited 2000 print run made those 2 releases more difficult to obtain.

Speaking from someone who is not so much into superhero movies, I like the ''Original ones'' as I really enjoyed Doctor Strange and as well Wonder Woman. It was nice to have with these movies, the Main Character only (ie: WW, Doctor Strange) and no other superhero thrown into the mix, it makes it to be an original story. Really enjoyed the movie !

Status
Not open for further replies.