Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 580
Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering if someone can answer a quick question for me please. I know this has been discussed briefly in the past through various threads but I can't for the life of me remember which Zavvi titles these discussions were associated with.

I'm basically wondering about a simple pre-order query. I've heard about people pre-ordering certain titles only to find out upon release date / CC charge period that the card used to purchase with has since expired therefore cancelling the entire pre-order.

Here's a basic example of something that's worrying me at the moment.

I've pre-ordered A Bugs Life which is released on May 11th 2015. The CC I used to pre-order this title will expire in February. Naturally I'm worried because this is now sold out and as I mentioned above I've heard of ninjas complaining about this in the past because of an abundance of sold out pre-orders were cancelled on them.

I'm fully aware that you can add a further credit card to your account but when the details are updated would this new card back me up and automatically overwrite the old card details associated with A Bugs Life?

Sorry for the essay folks, just need to sort this out quickly for current pre-orders being released after February.

Thanks in advance.. :thumbs:

No, adding a new card wont override the details on any existing orders.

Stupidly, you can't edit card details one an order has been placed, nor can you edit addresses (both of which are basic rights under the data protection act - something Zavvi have yet to address).

All you can do is wait for the email about your payment issue and resolve it then. I've had to do this in the past and it was fine (it also happens if you don't have the funds - that gives you a few days to sort it out). It's stupid, but what can you do?

No, adding a new card wont override the details on any existing orders.

Stupidly, you can't edit card details one an order has been placed, nor can you edit addresses (both of which are basic rights under the data protection act - something Zavvi have yet to address).

All you can do is wait for the email about your payment issue and resolve it then. I've had to do this in the past and it was fine (it also happens if you don't have the funds - that gives you a few days to sort it out). It's stupid, but what can you do?

Ok, thanks @tenderheartbear I also thought another workaround for this would be that you could pre-order via PayPal. This wouldn't be an issue as your new card would be assigned to it automatically.

I bought Ted for $12.70 couple of days back. Now it is down to $7.93. Will they price match and give me my money back? Have any of you guys tried this before.

Just received an e-mail with "End of Year Steelbook Blowout + Buy 2 & Save an Extra 10%‏", but the link gives an error page.
Anyone has the right link?

update:
they already send out an e-mail with a correct link

Last edited:
I bought Ted for $12.70 couple of days back. Now it is down to $7.93. Will they price match and give me my money back? Have any of you guys tried this before.

I doubt they will.

You ordered it at the price it was displayed at and that's what you paid. If it drops in price the next day, so-be-it, that happens all the time (especially with steelbooks). After all, if it went up in price the day after you paid for it, you wouldn't expect your card to be charged the difference would you?..

'Dear Zavvi, yesterday I paid £9.99 for one of your steelbooks, today I notice it's £11.99, would you be so kind as to charge me the higher price? Thank you'.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: hapynding
I doubt they will.

You ordered it at the price it was displayed at and that's what you paid. If it drops in price the next day, so-be-it, that happens all the time (especially with steelbooks). After all, if it went up in price the day after you paid for it, you wouldn't expect your card to be charged the difference would you?..

'Dear Zavvi, yesterday I paid £9.99 for one of your steelbooks, today I notice it's £11.99, would you be so kind as to charge me the higher price? Thank you'.

In US retail stores like Target or Walmart does match the price within certain number of days from the day you buy. I was thinking if online retailer will do too. Oh well. Thanks.

In US retail stores like Target or Walmart does match the price within certain number of days from the day you buy. I was thinking if online retailer will do too. Oh well. Thanks.

I didn't know that.

We have price-matching online with Amazon, and in-store with the likes of John Lewis matching other high-street retailers, but AFAIK, they don't have anything in place if a price drops in-store after you've bought something.

Works most of the time. Sometime they deny. If it is with in the return period and have the original item as is, I return it and ask them to ring it up again for the new price.

I didn't know that.

We have price-matching online with Amazon, and in-store with the likes of John Lewis matching other high-street retailers, but AFAIK, they don't have anything in place if a price drops in-store after you've bought something.

Anyone in the US buy any steels from Zavvi recently? Do they still use those cheap, lightweight cardboard mailers that leave dents in the steelbooks? They have some good prices on some steels right now, but I'm worried about how they'd arrive. The last one I got was the Only God Forgives one about six months ago and it had a ding at the top. =/

Really enjoying Zavvi's site wide 10% off offer this week, on ALL steelbook & bluray media :cat:

....saves a lot of hassle from normally having to figure out what code works and what dont. Far better this way of just putting everything up with a code :D

Hope u doin it this way continues zavvvi! :thumbs:

Well I got my Lion King refund from Zavvi and I was also compensated £10.00 credit to my Zavvi Account for the inconvenience that this has caused me

I sourced Lion King Steelbook Myself from another source and should have delivery next week

With the Zavvi Refund and Credit given to me as compensation

My Lion King Steelbook ended up costing me only £8.00 (€13.00 Euro) after Refund €27.09 and £10.00 Credit from Zavvi against what I paid for the replacement steelbook I ordered from another source

Last edited:
Well I got my Lion King refund from Zavvi and I was also compensated £10.00 credit to my Zavvi Account for the inconvenience that this has caused me

I sourced Lion King Steelbook Myself from another source and should have delivery next week

My Lion King Steelbook ended up costing me only £8.00 (€13.00 Euro) after Refund €27.09 and £10.00 Credit from Zavvi against what I paid for the replacement steelbook I ordered from another source
Glad to hear you finally got one and for massively cheaper than normal

Reactions: paulboland
Anyone in the US buy any steels from Zavvi recently? Do they still use those cheap, lightweight cardboard mailers that leave dents in the steelbooks? They have some good prices on some steels right now, but I'm worried about how they'd arrive. The last one I got was the Only God Forgives one about six months ago and it had a ding at the top. =/
@LucasEatWorld
I probably have at least 30 from Zavvi. Never a dent or scratch. And those cardboard mailers can fare a lot better than jiffy bags.

I was actually just about to comment on this. I put in some pretty big orders with Zavvi around the Christmas period and all the Steelbooks I ordered came in the white boxes except for one which came in one of those cardboard envelopes. I haven't had too bad an experience with the cardboard mailers to be honest, but this one didn't make it to me safely. I thought it was just a one-off mistake because since then everything's been in the boxes again. However, I got some Zavvi stuff in the mail today, and the one Steelbook was shipped in a cardboard mailer.

I've noticed the shipping labels on the cardboard mailers I've gotten recently look different to what I normally get from Zavvi. Maybe Steelbooks being sent from a certain warehouse are using them instead of the boxes.

I just got a notice that my BEAUTY AND THE BEAST I ordered on Dec. 29th is now cancelled. My first order of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (that I ordered seconds after it when live months ago) is still showing 'Awaiting Stock Pick' on my account despite an email on Dec. 20th from Zavvi that it was scheduled to be shipped on Dec. 31.
This is completely unacceptable. I had to have been one of the first orders on live day (literally ordering seconds after it went live). My Dec. 29th order was me doubling down for insurance- and now I might not get either??!
(Oh- and thanks Zavvi for the 10% discount with a one month expiration date for my cancelled order. 10% means absolutely dick to me if I'm not ordering something of high dollar value.) I'd rather they honor their transactions.
I was one of the firsts to order on both occasions. And, believe it or not-time is money in this instance. If I would have known my orders would not be honored, I could have sourced this a while ago before the prices increased on second hand sales. This is a bad way to do business. Yes, I will have to come back and order for things you get exclusives for (and you know that)...but whenever I have another choice of vendor on an item, I am most certainly taking it. I don't gamble, and I don't particularly like it when someone makes me do so.

I guess there would need to be some epic EU policy in place before Zavvi would let us change the address.
Actually, there already is - it's called the Data Protection Act. Zavvi state that they are compliant, but having spoken with a very nice lady at the Information Commissioner's Office this morning, they agree with my assessment that Zavvi are in breach of Principle 4 with regards pre-orders.

• Informative
Reactions: Steeler