Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 581
Last edited by a moderator:
They should provide you with a CollectPlus label considering they are damaged, this will be free of charge and is a tracked return service. Thankfully this means you should be able to avoid Royal Mail (which are terrible right now).
Only if he live in the UK
CollectPlus is not possible to be used outside of the UK

If you live outside of the UK you will get a returns authorization and label to print you have to post items back yourself and then send your proof of postage to Zavvi to get a refund of your postage costs and they will they try to only allow 15% refund of postage cost you have to keep messaging them to get all your postage costs refunded if its more than 15%

I have been offered a 10% refund for my dented How to Train a Dragon Steelbook. I have refused and again simply asked for a replacement copy. I have not yet received a reply. Given the number of Steelbooks I have ordered from Zavvi, many at regular prices, I am hoping that common sense will prevail and they will send me the replacement copy as requested. It is simply a fact that my buying habits with Zavvi will change if the buyer/seller relationship is not mutually beneficial.

I have been offered a 10% refund for my dented How to Train a Dragon Steelbook. I have refused and again simply asked for a replacement copy. I have not yet received a reply. Given the number of Steelbooks I have ordered from Zavvi, many at regular prices, I am hoping that common sense will prevail and they will send me the replacement copy as requested. It is simply a fact that my buying habits with Zavvi will change if the buyer/seller relationship is not mutually beneficial.

This is their normal responses, even when you clearly state on the return request that you want a replacement. Based on my experience also they do not look at the amount you have spent with them, as if they had the treatment I have received would be much different!

I made an order with Zavvi late this night, I changed my mind about the purchase, it was not a pre-order. I used the cancel option not long after, Zavvi sent an automated e-mail saying they can't cancel it. Zavvi's system to cancel an order is still so bad when the item is not a pre-order, they changed the site but did not fix this, it's like they did not want to fix it. :banghead:

I'm going to message them, I'm annoyed about this, I'm going to ask them to cancel the order or pay for return costs, I know they will be slow to answer me with their usual day or so.

Weird how Zavvi reduces the only title I bought from the current Studio Canal wave to £6.99. It's almost as if Zavvi are giving me the finger for cancelling most of my pre-orders. Conspiracy theory or sour grapes. :D

Reactions: lenticularis
I recently put in three big orders with Zavvi and also solved two card errors with previous orders. Checked my bank statement today and there are six charges to my card and for the life of me I can't work out what the sixth one is for. How do I get in touch with Zavvi to investigate this? Their contact system has always been confusing and ridiculous, but I can't seem to find an option about being incorrectly charged at all. Any help?

Just realised Edward Scissorhands is showing as OOS.

Good old Eddy boy must've personally handled my copy, hence the spine slash. Unfortunately I don't collect signed copies, so had to send it back.

I recently put in three big orders with Zavvi and also solved two card errors with previous orders. Checked my bank statement today and there are six charges to my card and for the life of me I can't work out what the sixth one is for. How do I get in touch with Zavvi to investigate this? Their contact system has always been confusing and ridiculous, but I can't seem to find an option about being incorrectly charged at all. Any help?

Tweet them @zavvihelp, hope you get it sorted out.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Futurhythm
They still haven't gotten back to me about the mystery transaction. In other news...

Look ma, no box!
PC221352.JPG PC221353.JPG PC221354.JPG PC221355.JPG PC221357.JPG PC221356.JPG

I seriously hope this is a one-off thing, because I've got a LOT of stuff incoming from them.

Last edited:
This isn't a Zavvi issue, but I'm trying to use it through them so I'm posting here...

Has anyone actually gotten MasterPass to work? I can't seem to register, always gets a problem when I'm at the secret question/captcha stage.

They have since offered to replace my Steelbook but I have to mail back the dented copy and pay for postage. They will issue me a 15% refund of the item total to cover postage costs. What a joke. I already spent that 15% on gas just going to the post office to get them the quote they requested. I will still purchase Steelbooks from Zavvi but I have just become more selective...too bad for both of us.

If someone could help out. Apperarently my account with zavvi doesn't exist anymore. I tried to log in a dozen times wouldn't work. Then i tried clicking forgot your password, they sent me an email saying that i have no account with this email address and to try another. I emailed them about all this but they still have not got back to me. I have no idea what is happening. If anyone has some advice or can help me out? Thanks!!

This isn't a Zavvi issue, but I'm trying to use it through them so I'm posting here...

Has anyone actually gotten MasterPass to work? I can't seem to register, always gets a problem when I'm at the secret question/captcha stage.

Yes, I registered with them a few weeks back. Have you tried signing up on a different browser?

The MasterPass deal is no longer being advertised on Zavvi and when I emailed them last week about a voucher I should have gotten for a purchase I received the following response:

Hello Ronald,
Thank you for getting in touch about Masterpass.

I can confirm that due to the short stock of these codes, each customer is valid to one code each. I can confirm that yours was emailed to you and was code - ****-****-****.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley