Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 580
Last edited by a moderator:
The MasterPass deal is no longer being advertised on Zavvi and when I emailed them last week about a voucher I should have gotten for a purchase I received the following response:

Hello Ronald,
Thank you for getting in touch about Masterpass.

I can confirm that due to the short stock of these codes, each customer is valid to one code each. I can confirm that yours was emailed to you and was code - ****-****-****.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

I just used my last code after saving it for two weeks. Checked out the other night with Masterpass for Predator 3D, hoping I'd get another to use on Beauty and the Beast.

Now it's expired, how very apt or just rubbish timing :facepalm:

I haven't lion king steelbook (I'm from Spain and was dispatched 4th), or Beauty/beast, or nekromantik (8th) or Stray cat rocks (9th), or... or... Basically, zavvi took 200€ from my bank and I haven't received anything... I think a retailer must be more than a factory of excuses or a money predator...

And the best: all my stuff would be in my hands before christmas day. Great!!

They better have Lion King stock as I still not received my order that was despatched on the 4th of Dec
I have to wait until Dec 27th before they will do anything
I will give them till Mon 29th as that the next postal delivery date for Rep of Ireland
I don't expect to see delivery on the 29th as it would have been delivered by now if An Post had received my parcel but as its Christmas I will see if it suddenly gets delivered on the 29th

My Disney Collection at the moment is not complete even though I had a despatch notice on the 4th of Dec for Lion King

I ordered and paid for 30 Disney Collection Steelbook releases but only received 29 out of 30
I have all but Lion King Disney Collection #26 that makes my collection of no use to me and they can expect a request for a Refund/Return of all my Zavvi Steelbook collection if they don't provide me what I paid for

Last edited:
The MasterPass deal is no longer being advertised on Zavvi and when I emailed them last week about a voucher I should have gotten for a purchase I received the following response:

Hello Ronald,
Thank you for getting in touch about Masterpass.

I can confirm that due to the short stock of these codes, each customer is valid to one code each. I can confirm that yours was emailed to you and was code - ****-****-****.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

It is still showing on the Masterpass page: http://www.zavvi.com/masterpass.list

There is nothing on Zavvi's website that indicates the offer is closed and nothing in the terms and conditions which states a customer cannot obtain more than one code as far as I can see. I will be emailing Zavvi requesting another code as I have not received one for the last order I placed.

They better have Lion King stock as I still not received my order that was despatched on the 4th of Dec
I will give them till Mon 29th as that the next postal delivery date for Rep of Ireland
I don't expect to see delivery on the 29th as it would have been delivered by now if An Post had received my parcel but as its Christmas I will see if it suddenly gets delivered on the 29th

My Disney Collection at the moment is not complete even though I had a despatch notice on the 4th of Dec for Lion King

I ordered and paid for 30 Disney Collection Steelbook releases but only received 29 out of 30
I have all but Lion King Disney Collection #26 that makes my collection of no use to me and they can expect a request for a Refund/Return of all my Zavvi Steelbook collection if they don't provide me what I paid for
i personally wouldn't send everything back for one steel.
i would simply pay a little more to get the one 'm missing from e bay or something and get a refund for the lion king(i don't think you'll get it, unless they have it available at the time you contact them), in your case, if i remember correctly you could instead take legal mesures agianst zavvi if you want, but my point is it's pretty sad not to have the colleciton you love for one steeel that you could get a little more expensive..

i'm sorry mate but I don't believe for one second that you'd send titles like aladdin and frozen back knowing the current values, just to get your original purchase price back, all for not wanting to pay an extra 6 or 7 quid from eBay.

besides the fact that they're well out of the time frame for them having to provide a refund.

The chances are your lion king is simply lost in the post, i've been stiffed over by zavvi a few times but I do understand that once they post an item they lose all control to the royal mail.

I'm usually the first to rant about zavvi but sometimes I feel for them, like if they did hold stock back for replacements for lost items people would bash them a few months down the line then they ended up back in stock.

Reactions: dfoles
i'm sorry mate but I don't believe for one second that you'd send titles like aladdin and frozen back knowing the current values, just to get your original purchase price back, all for not wanting to pay an extra 6 or 7 quid from eBay.

besides the fact that they're well out of the time frame for them having to provide a refund.

The chances are your lion king is simply lost in the post, i've been stiffed over by zavvi a few times but I do understand that once they post an item they lose all control to the royal mail.

I'm usually the first to rant about zavvi but sometimes I feel for them, like if they did hold stock back for replacements for lost items people would bash them a few months down the line then they ended up back in stock.
I will only accept a replaceement from Zavvi
It's Zavvi responibilty that my order arrives to my address
They can't blame postal system

My Sale of Contract is with Zavvi
Its up to Zavvi to provide me with my order I have paid for
If Lost in post that don't matter Zavvi still have to supply me with goods I have paid for

I imagine once you've jumped through all the hoops Zavvi have in place regarding lost items, you'll get a refund.

They never seem to send out replacements (assuming they have another copy, which to be honest, they probably do), but they will refund you. That's all they're liable for, like any other online retailer. Yes, a replacement would be easier, but there you have it.

As for getting rid of all your other Disney steelbooks, I doubt it. What would be the point? Are you saying that because you're missing one you no longer want any of the others? Did you have the full set (including Planes and Mary Poppins)? Besides, Zavvi would be well within their right to refuse your request for your money back (except on any you ordered within 14 days and haven't opened) so good luck with that. Oh, you'd also have to send them back at your expense.

I suggest you get your money back, hope it still turns up so you get it for free, and if not, keep an eye out for it cropping up again and re-buy it if needs be.

Reactions: gaeljet
It may be a collection, but they are only fiscally responsible for each item individually. You would never be able to return all of the movies as a "set". That's ludicrous. If they cannot replace your Lion King Steelbook they are obligated to do nothing but refund you for that particular order after proper investigation. It sucks, but that's the reality of the situation.

Zavvi will be providing me with a replacement it will be up to them to source a copy not me trying to find a copy even if it cost them more as a result
I will not be paying a cent more that what I paid Zavvi
I paid €27.09 which included delivery

I also can return goods as my Disney collection would not be as described as I ordered the complete Disney collection and did not receive what I paid for I only so far got 29/30 Disney Collection Steelbooks but paid for 30

I had this with them once before non delivery of an order I paid for and I stood my ground and got my replacement
They told me if I don't get delivery by 27th of Dec to let them know
I giving them to my next Postal Delivery Date which is Mon 29th of Dec

My Rights are to choose Refund or Replacement not them choose what I get
If I will only accept replacement that's what Zavvi have to provide

Last edited:
I also can return goods as my Disney collection would not be as described as I ordered the complete Disney collection and did not receive what I paid for I only so far got 29/30 Disney Collection Steelbooks but paid for 30

I'm sorry mate but i have to disagree with you there, it was never sold as a collection, each item was sold individually. We never knew how many or which titles were even going to be in the collection until a year after it started. I had to pay ebay prices for a couple of mine collection to keep it complete but it was my own fault for nor pre-ordering.

I know you did pre-order so should expect the final steelbook but once zavvi dispatch they lose all control to the royal mail and if they genuinely have none left they're not obliged to do anything except refund you.

As I've said in my previous post i think some of the ways in which zavvi conduct business are disgraceful but in this instance they've done nothing wrong, maybe i'm jumping to their defense because i've owned an online business and traded through ebay and dealt with customers with the same attitude as yours in similar situations, even with me offering a personal service to help disgruntled buyers there was always someone who wanted the impossible.

Finally, you can't seriously expect anyone to believe that you'd return 29 titles, some of which are rare and expensive just because of paying a few quid extra for one. I'm gonna unsubscribe from this topic now cause that's all i have to say on the matter, i'm not one to get into arguments online or disagreements but i just felt like i needed to add my 2 cents.

I'm sorry mate but i have to disagree with you there, it was never sold as a collection, each item was sold individually. We never knew how many or which titles were even going to be in the collection until a year after it started. I had to pay ebay prices for a couple of mine collection to keep it complete but it was my own fault for nor pre-ordering.

I know you did pre-order so should expect the final steelbook but once zavvi dispatch they lose all control to the royal mail and if they genuinely have none left they're not obliged to do anything except refund you.

As I've said in my previous post i think some of the ways in which zavvi conduct business are disgraceful but in this instance they've done nothing wrong, maybe i'm jumping to their defense because i've owned an online business and traded through ebay and dealt with customers with the same attitude as yours in similar situations, even with me offering a personal service to help disgruntled buyers there was always someone who wanted the impossible.

Finally, you can't seriously expect anyone to believe that you'd return 29 titles, some of which are rare and expensive just because of paying a few quid extra for one. I'm gonna unsubscribe from this topic now cause that's all i have to say on the matter, i'm not one to get into arguments online or disagreements but i just felt like i needed to add my 2 cents.
I don't have to source ebay
That's against Zavvi terms and conditions of sale
The products sold on the Website are not for re-sale or distribution.
We reserve the right to cancel orders and/or suspend accounts where we believe products are being ordered in breach of this provision

I have a sale of contract with Zavvi for All Disney Collection including for my Order of Lion King
They have to provide me with my order I have paid for
They must provide me with my steelbook that they have taken payment for and not supplied me with

I already have started Legal Action with my solicitor He's awating for me to give him the go ahead to act if I don't get my replacement
It will cost Zavvi a lot of money if my Disney Collection is not complete that I paid for

this is out of context really! it sucks some did not have their steelbooks but stop crying over n over, mods should clean all this non sense...if zavii have steelbooks left they will offer a replacement or a percentage back...if nor they will give your money back n that's that....

this is out of context really! it sucks some did not have their steelbooks but stop crying over n over, mods should clean all this non sense...if zavii have steelbooks left they will offer a replacement or a percentage back...if nor they will give your money back n that's that....

I will keep this as the last post for now as this should be in the retailer thread
They cant only offer me a percentage for my Lion King Steelbook that's against the law and a serious breach of the sale of goods Act were payment of goods was received and customer did not receive the goods they ordered and were payment was taken
I paid for Lion King and by law must be provided with a replacement or a Full Refund but I choose if its a Full Refund or Replacement not Zavvi
If I want a replacement they have to provide it

I know all my rights and I make sure any retailer complies with the law
Sale of Goods act applies to all items purchased to all Retailers and all On-line purchases including ebay by the way

My next post will be I got my replacement

I don't have to source ebay
That's against Zavvi terms and conditions of sale
The products sold on the Website are not for re-sale or distribution.
We reserve the right to cancel orders and/or suspend accounts where we believe products are being ordered in breach of this provision

I have a sale of contract with Zavvi for All Disney Collection including for my Order of Lion King
They have to provide me with my order I have paid for
They must provide me with my steelbook that they have taken payment for and not supplied me with

I already have started Legal Action with my solicitor He's awating for me to give him the go ahead to act if I don't get my replacement
It will cost Zavvi a lot of money if my Disney Collection is not complete that I paid for

You have a contract of sale for each steelbook independently of any other. Each one is advertised as having it's own number as part of a growing collection, with no promise or insinuation that any further releases are forthcoming until such time as they appear officially for sale on Zavvi's website.

To suggest that you would be entitled to a refund on each and every Disney steelbook you purchased because 'your collection' was now not complete is laughable at best, as I'm sure your (mythical) solicitor will point out. While Zavvi are responsible for the arrival of your product under the distance selling regulations act, it can, and will, only be replaced if it is possible to do so.

While we may believe there are currently some Lion King steelbooks sat on a Zavvi warehouse shelf, unless you can prove that, then you'll get a refund. Zavvi are not responsible for sourcing one for you, I'm sure your (mythical) solicitor will advise you of this also. According to Zavvi's own terms and conditions, they will offer a replacement, but in the case of limited editions, I doubt this offer will stand and is also not legally binding.

To demand they refund everything you've ever bought in this collection is ridiculous. That would be like demanding your money back for any movie made from a book franchise when no sequels appeared. You many have chosen to believe this collection was never-ending, but based on what? There was no guarantee that every Disney animated classic would be released. No guarantee that every Disney live-action movie would be released. No guarantee that every Disney theatrical cartoon would be released. Yet we have Dumbo, Mary Poppins and Planes from each of those categories.

Either way, do what you have to do. Good luck.

I will keep this as the last post for now as this should be in the retailer thread

My next post will be I got my replacement
You're right, those posts deserves to be in the retailer section. Tx for your understanding.
After reading your others posts, I think (as buyer/collector) that you should get a replacement OR a full refund for Lion King and Lion King ONLY, NOT the whole collection since as @daveh mentionned before, this NEVER was advertised as sold as a collection.

I truly hope they find you a proper replacement since this steel is really amazing (having it myself).

You have a contract of sale for each steelbook independently of any other. Each one is advertised as having it's own number as part of a growing collection, with no promise or insinuation that any further releases are forthcoming until such time as they appear officially for sale on Zavvi's website.

To suggest that you would be entitled to a refund on each and every Disney steelbook you purchased because 'your collection' was now not complete is laughable at best, as I'm sure your (mythical) solicitor will point out. While Zavvi are responsible for the arrival of your product under the distance selling regulations act, it can, and will, only be replaced if it is possible to do so.

While we may believe there are currently some Lion King steelbooks sat on a Zavvi warehouse shelf, unless you can prove that, then you'll get a refund. Zavvi are not responsible for sourcing one for you, I'm sure your (mythical) solicitor will advise you of this also. According to Zavvi's own terms and conditions, they will offer a replacement, but in the case of limited editions, I doubt this offer will stand and is also not legally binding.

To demand they refund everything you've ever bought in this collection is ridiculous. That would be like demanding your money back for any movie made from a book franchise when no sequels appeared. You many have chosen to believe this collection was never-ending, but based on what? There was no guarantee that every Disney animated classic would be released. No guarantee that every Disney live-action movie would be released. No guarantee that every Disney theatrical cartoon would be released. Yet we have Dumbo, Mary Poppins and Planes from each of those categories.

Either way, do what you have to do. Good luck.
My solicitor is very real and I don't deal with mythical persons
I have already in the past used my solicitor as have lot of my family and relations

I paid for my Lion King Steelbook
Zavvi took payment and sent me a despatch email but it has not been delivered as of yet
I have a legal sale of contract with Zavvi
Zavvi have not complied with this contract of sale to date as I have not yet received my goods I paid for
Lost in post that's Zavvi problem with postal service and I do not have to deal with that problem
Its Zavvi requirement to supply goods as per contract of sale

Note you only have a contract of sale when payment has been made

I will get a replacement I wont let it rest until I do