Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 583
Last edited by a moderator:
Have nothing good to tell about zavvi.

They offer free tracked delivery to germany when orders are over 75 GBP.
http://www.zavvi.com/articles/inter...tm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

But they send them all untracked. My last 20 Orders were all over 75 GBP and i have checked the tracked delivery options but as i said, they send it untracked. ALL OF THEM!
I have a doctors office in house with many patients (strangers). Many steelbooks are missing, because german post put these parcels simply in the hallway, or on the stairs. The patients or any other can take them away. Happened many times now and i have told zavvi that many times too. That is the reason why i always choose tracked delivery!

Once they have noticed, that these prefabricated answers wont work, they told me, that from this warehouse, where the last order comes from, no tracked delivery is possible. But my 20 last orders where send untracked. Are they stored all in the same warehouse? If yes, why do you still offer this "free tracked delivery", because you have to know where which steelbook is stored, i told them.

And why can you send tracked from warehouse A but not from warehouse B. Sorry, this is ridiculous. And that i want a solution for this, because the tracked delivery is part of our contract. Also i have asked them, why they are faking their customers.

Guess what they did today? They have deleted my account! That is the way zavvi handles customers who asked too much

So please beware!

Wow they deleted your account!! Damn!! You must have got on their nerves LOL. I feel that I am teetering on the edge of having my account deleted as I have complained so much too. I have already told them I wont be ordering any more from them so.......I just can't believe loyal customers like us who actually spend THOUSANDS of pounds a year on Steelbooks get treated like this. I have spent thousands with Zavvi and always get the "Copy and Paste" answers from their customer service.

We really need to have a vote on Zavvi's customer service, postage service and general other things to see how the community feel in total and then send these results to them!

Ever tried to leave them feedback? LOL when they request feedback about your purchase you are told that you cannot leave feedback about their customer service LOL

Has anyone else had problems with orders constantly not turning up when they have been dispatched?

Recent few months I've had about 4 or 5 orders dispatched and nothing arrives! It's very frustrating as nearly everytime the item goes OOS and I have to resort to ebay.

Also I'm made to feel like I'm at it with having to sign forms which tell you about making false claims and such!

I have complained numerous times to RM and my local sorting office but I feel it falls on deaf ears. Zavvi either dont dispatch when they say they do or RM have some dodgy people working for them..

Rant over :emb:

can always return something under distance selling regs.

basil :thumbs:
You can. But if there is no fault with the goods then you will have to pay return postage. Most retailers including Amazon charge you return postage if the goods are not faulty.

You can. But if there is no fault with the goods then you will have to pay return postage. Most retailers including Amazon charge you return postage if the goods are not faulty.

from which: intresting reading now how its changed
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

What should you get back?
The original cost of the outbound postage to you should always be refunded by the seller.

The seller's terms and conditions or returns policy should state who pays the cost of returning the item.

If they don't state this, then the seller has to cover the cost.

In this case, you're entitled to a refund of the total amount you paid, including costs to ship the item to you, and the fee to return the item. No admin or restocking fees should be charged.
--------------------------------------------
so varies from company to company

more worringly zavvis terms below a part of

Once received items will be checked and refunds on goods and postage arranged where suitable. We cannot issue refunds on simply unwanted goods due the perishable nature of goods on sale. Refunds/exchanges will only be offered on items that are faulty, and were clearly so at the time at which they were dispatched.

im confused to say though what is perishable about a blu ray?

so if say a steel was scratched or dented then they would take back and have to pay back all costs.

the rules had changed a bit before you had 14 days to inspect change your mind for whatever reason, now you dont fully. so distance selling regs are not as inforceable more in favour of the retailer now.

anyway hope has enlighted some who want to return as to where they stand legally now.
i would just cancel and be done with it, if in any doubt about this steel. otherwise you may have fun and costs

from which: intresting reading now how its changed
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

What should you get back?
The original cost of the outbound postage to you should always be refunded by the seller.

The seller's terms and conditions or returns policy should state who pays the cost of returning the item.

If they don't state this, then the seller has to cover the cost.

In this case, you're entitled to a refund of the total amount you paid, including costs to ship the item to you, and the fee to return the item. No admin or restocking fees should be charged.
--------------------------------------------
so varies from company to company

more worringly zavvis terms below a part of

Once received items will be checked and refunds on goods and postage arranged where suitable. We cannot issue refunds on simply unwanted goods due the perishable nature of goods on sale. Refunds/exchanges will only be offered on items that are faulty, and were clearly so at the time at which they were dispatched.

im confused to say though what is perishable about a blu ray?

so if say a steel was scratched or dented then they would take back and have to pay back all costs.

the rules had changed a bit before you had 14 days to inspect change your mind for whatever reason, now you dont fully. so distance selling regs are not as inforceable more in favour of the retailer now.

anyway hope has enlighted some who want to return as to where they stand legally now.
i would just cancel and be done with it, if in any doubt about this steel. otherwise you may have fun and costs

Problem is that the delivery costs are ffree and therefore you get nothing back and the retailer is well within its rights to ask for return postage to be paid by the customer. As I said this is standard practice even for Amazon.

Reactions: Ronnie3067
Still fighting with Zavvi about a replacement..
Same here. Mine arrived crushed 2 weeks ago and the emails have been going back and forth. I asked for a replacement from the start and on my last email I expressed my concern that stock would sell out before I got a replacement, so would appreciate if I could get a resolution ASAP. Their reply? "Sorry this happened...we are willing to offer a 10% partial refund...let us know if you are willing to accept." WHAT THE HELL? So not only no replacement but since it has been 2 days from sending emails to getting replies, another delay when I specifically stressed the need for a quick resolution. I just went ahead and ordered a new copy, asked that my email be treated as an official complaint, escalated to a manager and a refund be given.

Reactions: dfoles
Same here. Mine arrived crushed 2 weeks ago and the emails have been going back and forth. I asked for a replacement from the start and on my last email I expressed my concern that stock would sell out before I got a replacement, so would appreciate if I could get a resolution ASAP. Their reply? "Sorry this happened...we are willing to offer a 10% partial refund...let us know if you are willing to accept." WHAT THE HELL? So not only no replacement but since it has been 2 days from sending emails to getting replies, another delay when I specifically stressed the need for a quick resolution. I just went ahead and ordered a new copy, asked that my email be treated as an official complaint, escalated to a manager and a refund be given.

If Zavvi are being a pain in the proverbial (and they usually are) it might be quicker to order another (before stock runs out) and return the damaged one for a full refund - this doesn't help though if you got a discount on the original order - I hope you get your damaged one sorted.

Yay! They said they would ship me a return! Slightly frustrating back and forth though. It feels like they don't always read the previous messages.

Me: I would like a replacement for this steelbook please. I received it like this:
http://i.imgur.com/mvP0kGHh.jpg
Please help.

Them: Hello dfoles,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Emperor's New Groove - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

We have received your photos of the damaged item and would like to apologise that the item was received this way.

In order to further process a replacement for this damaged item, Please can you obtain an estimated return postage cost. Once an estimate for the cost to return this item has been confirmed a suitable solution can be arranged.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this item arriving damaged.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi person #1

Me: Estimated cost is $20 to ship back to the UK from US.

Thank you for contacting us regarding Emperor's New Groove - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

We have received your photos of the damaged item and would like to apologise that the item was received this way.

As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer a refund of 20%.

Please can you let us know if you are happy to accept this partial refund?

Once requested this would be returned to your account within 3-5 working days.

If there is anything else that we can do then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,
Zavvi person #2

Me: No, this is not suitable for me. I would like a replacement for this steelbook.

Thank you for getting in touch about your damaged item.

In order to further process a replacement for this damaged item, Please can you obtain an estimated return postage cost. Once an estimate for the cost to return this item has been confirmed a suitable solution can be arranged.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this item arriving damaged

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi person #3

Me: I already answered that question on 24 June 2015, 13:34. Please refer back to previous messages.

Thank you for getting in touch to request a replacement.

This has been processed and you will receive a confirmation email as soon as the item is sent. Please refer to the confirmation email for estimated delivery timescales.

If there is anything else that we can help with, then please let us know and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi person #4

Yay! They said they would ship me a return! Slightly frustrating back and forth though. It feels like they don't always read the previous messages.

I'm in Japan and in the same boat as you. I have also got the same run through of emails (though I was only offered 15% :blackeye: ), I'm just wondering, does that mean Zavvi do not want us to return our damaged items?they asked for an estimate on shipping, but then don't mention returning in the follow up email. Very vague.

But amazon will refund you your costs when it is returned to them...... i know i had to return a damaged steelbook to france and was surprised to get a refund on my return postage as well as quick dispatch on a new steelbook.

I'm in Japan and in the same boat as you. I have also got the same run through of emails (though I was only offered 15% :blackeye: ), I'm just wondering, does that mean Zavvi do not want us to return our damaged items?they asked for an estimate on shipping, but then don't mention returning in the follow up email. Very vague.
When Zavvi are offering you a partial refund this does not involve you having to send back your damaged steelbook
Its up to you to accept or reject a partial refund

They asked you for estimate on shipping costs to return to see how much they would have to refund you for the shipping costs to return the steelbook
If you want a full refund or replacement its best to keep saying no to a partial refund and that you want Full Refund or Replacement
They will eventually agree to your request of a Full Refund or Replacement and may ask you to send your steelbook back or might not due to the shipping return costs and say to you to keep your damaged steelbook

Its takes a few replies back and forth with zavvi most of the time when it comes to requests for a full refund or replacement and that's why they always start with offering a partial refund of 10% or 15% or more

1) If you accept a partial refund you wont have to return your damaged steelbook

2)If you will only accept a Full Refund or Replacement
Zavvi will either tell you to return or keep your steelbook and will be clearly stated if you are to keep or return

Note
If Zavvi say to you to return your steelbook make sure you get them to agree to full refund of the return postal costs and not agree to a partial refund of the postal costs
This is so you don't end up having a loss involved in doing a return
Its best to use proof of postage method or better tracked when quoting what the costs will be for you to return will be and keep the your postal receipt as proof of the costs

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bruckle and ocielz
Dame boat here with Brother Bear. Mine arrived with a dent and I've contacted Zavvi and set pics. First they wanted to give me 15% for the damage and I told them No. Then they asked for a Return shipping cost and now I'm wait for a reply.

When Zavvi are offering you a partial refund this does not involve you having to send back your damaged steelbook
Its up to you to accept or reject a partial refund

They asked you for estimate on shipping costs to return to see how much they would have to refund you for the shipping costs to return the steelbook
If you want a full refund or replacement its best to keep saying no to a partial refund and that you want Full Refund or Replacement
They will eventually agree to your request of a Full Refund or Replacement and may ask you to send your steelbook back or might not due to the shipping return costs and say to you to keep your damaged steelbook

Its takes a few replies back and forth with zavvi most of the time when it comes to requests for a full refund or replacement and that's why they always start with offering a partial refund of 10% or 15% or more

1) If you accept a partial refund you wont have to return your damaged steelbook

2)If you will only accept a Full Refund or Replacement
Zavvi will either tell you to return or keep your steelbook and will be clearly stated if you are to keep or return

Note
If Zavvi say to you to return your steelbook make sure you get them to agree to full refund of the return postal costs and not agree to a partial refund of the postal costs
This is so you don't end up having a loss involved in doing a return
Its best to use proof of postage method or better tracked when quoting what the costs will be for you to return will be and keep the your postal receipt as proof of the costs

Just got 'despatched' email. Still no mention of a please post back damaged copy. Might be having a double in the collection.

Just got 'despatched' email. Still no mention of a please post back damaged copy. Might be having a double in the collection.
That's good news
The postage costs they would have to refund can be just not worth asking a customer to return it depends on the value of the goods
Its not really worth it with a retailer asking for a return when the returns costs are nearly the same or more than the goods value itself

It doesn't mean though they would apply that every time its depends on the goods value and if the customer has a history of lot of refund/replacement requests its the retailers discretion to ask for the goods return or not to be returned

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Bruckle