Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 583
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to card fraud, had to cancel the card a bunch of sold out preorders are placed against. I've had a trawl through the thread but didn't see an answer, so forgive me if this has been asked (probably many) times before. I gather from Zavvi that in these circumstances (quote from what they laughingly refer to as their customer services):

I would advise waiting until payment is attempted, at which point you will reach payment problem, this will then give you the option to update your card details, however I cannot guarantee this will definitely work.

My question is, has anyone had the option to update their details communicated successfully, or as I suspect is more likely, they just cancel the order? Thanks.

Thanks to card fraud, had to cancel the card a bunch of sold out preorders are placed against. I've had a trawl through the thread but didn't see an answer, so forgive me if this has been asked (probably many) times before. I gather from Zavvi that in these circumstances (quote from what they laughingly refer to as their customer services):

My question is, has anyone had the option to update their details communicated successfully, or as I suspect is more likely, they just cancel the order? Thanks.

I haven't had it myself but I know people who have and yes they attempt to take the money but then don't allow you to change the details and by second ask of money they just cancel the orders.

They wouldn't let my mate change his address even :/

Reactions: hammerdave
Thanks Flash. I'm baffled in the era of Amazon how online stores don't allow for editing after an order is placed. The new HMV webstore, you have to email them if you want to cancel anything.

I had a card expire so just left the orders and got the 'Resolve Payment' email then followed instructions and everything was fine.

Reactions: hammerdave
Thire are two boxes that need a reason for cancellation @Manqu Qhapaq one is at the top of the order box the other on the right almost at the bottom of the screen .

Hope that helps sweetheart :) .
Thanks, but The aren´t I only pick this item and now it shows as a part of a special offer,but I don´t have purchased American hustle,only The Swingers????

Error: Unable to cancel order: xxxx, required fields are missing.
  • Attempt to cancel the entire order
    Any parts of your order that have not entered the warehouse process will be cancelled. Please enter a reason why you would like to cancel the whole order.
Special Offers
The following items were purchased as part of special offer(s) "View All Steelbooks & 5% off & 10% OFF AMERICAN HUSTLE & Steelbook Flash Sale". As one item has already been dispatched, the remaining items can no longer be cancelled. Please contact Customer Service...

Title
Status Available
Swingers - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Ultra Limited Print Run) [Blu-ray] Awaiting Despatch 0
Special Offers
The following items were purchased as part of special offer(s) "5% off". As one item has already been dispatched, the remaining items can no longer be cancelled. Please contact Customer Service...

Title
Status Available
Swingers - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Ultra Limited Print Run) [Blu-ray] Awaiting Despatch 0
Special Offers
The following items were purchased as part of special offer(s) "10% OFF AMERICAN HUSTLE". As one item has already been dispatched, the remaining items can no longer be cancelled. Please contact Customer Service...

Title
Status Available
Special Offers
The following items were purchased as part of special offer(s) "Steelbook Flash Sale". As one item has already been dispatched, the remaining items can no longer be cancelled. Please contact Customer Service...

Title
Status Available

Thanks, but The aren´t I only pick this item and now it shows as a part of a special offer,but I don´t have purchased American hustle,only The Swingers????

Error: Unable to cancel order: xxxx, required fields are missing.
  • Attempt to cancel the entire order
    Any parts of your order that have not entered the warehouse process will be cancelled. Please enter a reason why you would like to cancel the whole order.
Special Offers
The following items were purchased as part of special offer(s) "View All Steelbooks & 5% off & 10% OFF AMERICAN HUSTLE & Steelbook Flash Sale". As one item has already been dispatched, the remaining items can no longer be cancelled. Please contact Customer Service...

Title
Status Available
Special Offers
The following items were purchased as part of special offer(s) "5% off". As one item has already been dispatched, the remaining items can no longer be cancelled. Please contact Customer Service...

Title
Status Available
Special Offers
The following items were purchased as part of special offer(s) "10% OFF AMERICAN HUSTLE". As one item has already been dispatched, the remaining items can no longer be cancelled. Please contact Customer Service...

Title
Status Available
Special Offers
The following items were purchased as part of special offer(s) "Steelbook Flash Sale". As one item has already been dispatched, the remaining items can no longer be cancelled. Please contact Customer Service...

Title
Status Available
Can I ask, is it for a SteelBook that is in stock? I had the same issue and it turned out that the order was being picked in the warehouse so I was unable to cancel the order and it was dispatch the next day.

Can I ask, is it for a SteelBook that is in stock? I had the same issue and it turned out that the order was being picked in the warehouse so I was unable to cancel the order and it was dispatch the next day.

Yes, it is! It´s The Swingers!! I made a mistake and ordered it as a single order.
1 hour later I put this with 2 other steels, and finally I wanted to cancel the first single order but I can´t, just because of the special offer that I don´t have made:confused: I have allready contact them , I hope they resolve it

Yes, it is! It´s The Swingers!! I made a mistake and ordered it as a single order.
1 hour later I put this with 2 other steels, and finally I wanted to cancel the first single order but I can´t, just because of the special offer that I don´t have made:confused: I have allready contact them , I hope they resolve it
I had the same issue, it appears the SteelBook I had ordered was part of 4 different promotions! Hopefully they will sort it out for you.

Reactions: Manqu
Zavvi are appalling, I sent a couple of steelbooks back a few weeks back, get a 'we received your parcel' email and they refund me for one and not the other, those pathetic warehouse staff can't even count to 2, I mean it actually states on the returns form you send with the package the quantity....jeezz

Another return, hasn't even been acknowledged yet, sent at the same time....

on a separate note, I can't confirm the rumour, but zavvi have chartered a Hercules transport plane to take 100'000's of unsold steelbooks to a desert in Arizona to be buried, they'll be meeting with Atari reps to assist in the disposal. Ok, I jest, but I can't help but think it...:)

on a separate note, I can't confirm the rumour, but zavvi have chartered a Hercules transport plane to take 100'000's of unsold steelbooks to a desert in Arizona to be buried, they'll be meeting with Atari reps to assist in the disposal. Ok, I jest, but I can't help but think it...:)
"Imagines C-130 with the words 'STEELBOOK FLASH SALE' painted on the side..." :)

Is anyone else having issues with zavvi return labels? I have gone to the collect plus twice with two separate labels and both times they tell me the bar code is too short and won't work but zavvi just keep sending me a new label even though I told them it dosent work and can I send back the item another way.

Just thought I'd share the ongoing argument I've got going on with zavvi about my scratched Departed steelbook.

Sent by: You. 30 May 2015, 11:49

Order number: 53909139

Order items:

File Uploaded: Y
Issue:
Returns and refunds
I want to return an item
I want to return a damaged item
Customer info:
Hi,
My steelbook for The Departed arrived with lots of scratches all over the bottom. Could I please send it back for a replacement? I do not want a refund, just a replacement, thanks.

Kind regards,
Chris

Sent by: You. 02 June 2015, 14:22

Can you please hurry up and give me the freepost return label!!! I've already been waiting 3 days for you to provide this. How long does it take just to activate a simple return request!!! This item was for a friend's birthday and your total lack of urgency in this return process means I am now likely to miss this.

Sent by: You. 25 June 2015, 16:12

Is there any chance at all of getting my replacement copy of The Departed some time THIS YEAR!!!!!!! It really should not take almost entire month to carry out a replacement!!!! Your service is absolutely unacceptable at times.

Please hurry up and send it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent by: Zavvi UK. 26 June 2015, 14:50

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch to request a replacement.

This has been processed and you will receive a confirmation email as soon as the item is sent. Please refer to the confirmation email for estimated delivery timescales.

If there is anything else that we can help with, then please let us know and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Sarah

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Sent by: You. 29 June 2015, 18:20

Thank you. I would also expect a partial refund to account for the fact that I have had to wait an entire month before you finally sent out a (hopefully) undamaged copy. I also note that it has taken so long to arrive that this item is now in your "flash sale" at £9.99. I expect to pay less than this for the inconvenience Zavvi has caused over this order.

Regards,
Chris
Sent by: Zavvi UK. 30 June 2015, 15:35

Hello Chris,

Thank you for getting in touch about your order.

I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to offer you any compensation on this occasion.

I apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Jack

Sent by: You. 30 June 2015, 17:21

That is completely unacceptable. I demand to pay to at least only pay the £9.99 that this item was offered for in the recent "flash" sale. Why should I pay more than other people who will receive exactly the same item at exactly the same.

Please refund the price difference between the full price I paid immediately. I am sick and tired of trying to get fair treatment from you people.

Regards,
Chris

Sent by: Zavvi UK. 02 July 2015, 9:09

Hello Chris,

Thank you for getting in touch about your order.

I am sorry to inform you that we reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Cyntia

Sent by: You. 02 July 2015, 10:20

Yes I understand that, what I'm saying is I should be paying the price that the item is listed at when it leaves your warehouse. The item was priced £9.99 when it left your warehouse, so why do you find it so unreasonable that that's all I expect to pay??? I am still shocked that you don't think that taking an entire MONTH to send out a new copy of a damaged item is worthy of any sort of compensation for your gross incompetence, but not letting me have the item at the advertised price is just unacceptable.

The way you have treated me over this order is an absolute disgrace, and I will be compiling all of this information in case I decide to contact trading standards over this incident. I will also require your full name for my records. Perhaps you should take a look at how much money I have spent over the last 10 years with your company before deciding that a few pence refund is out of the question.

Absolutely unbelievable...

Long story short, I think I've been dicked around at every stage of this return process that has dragged on over a month now and I think I'm pretty well entitled to some sort of "price promise" to pay the price that the item was when it EVENTUALLY left their factory - not the price back in 1976 when I first ordered it... It's only small change at stake really but it's the principal of the thing!

Honestly people, if you can get the same item somewhere else then avoid Zavvi. For the love of god avoid Zavvi...

I would be wary there's been many people getting their account just blocked (by no fault of their own) just for trying to get replacement for damaged items

Reactions: psychoscot
Just got his email from Zavvi:

We are sorry that the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

21 Jump Street - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

We are following this up and we will keep you updated on the status of your order.

I assume this is their way of saying that they sold me an out of stock item and that my order will eventually be cancelled.