Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: December 2nd, 2014
Purchase link: FutureShop.ca
Price: $24.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

World Exclusive Art: Yes
Units: 4,000
Finish: Gloss with extra love to white layers!
Notes: Region A (locked), Clear plastic slip cover included.

Official HDN Showcase Video:thumbs:

DriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray2.jpgDriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray4.jpgDriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray5.jpg
DriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray1.jpgDriveMondoSteelBook-Blu-ray3.jpg

Hi Def Ninja Announcement:
https://www.hidefninja.com/2014/10/...-steelbook-announced-as-futureshop-exclusive/

Mondo Blog Announcement:
http://blog.mondotees.com/2014/10/06/drive-blu-raydvd-steelbook-combo-pack/

Original 'Possible Drive Steelbook' hidefninja.com thread (March 2014)

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely gutted from my shipment last night! :grumpy:

I ordered 9 of these to ship out to a few colleagues and what do they do? Shipped them in 3 separate jiffy bags with no additional protection! WTF? Out of the 9, 6 were HORRIBLY dented / crushed on the bottom like something heavy dropped on them. And 2 had spine slashes. Of course, no more in stock at stores near me so I have to go return these damaged ones and hope that my online order will be shipped properly this time. Someone must've been pissed at the warehouse to ship them out like that! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yet, when I order single steelbooks, I get them in the big boxes with paper padding. How the heck does that work?!?!

Absolutely gutted from my shipment last night! :grumpy:

I ordered 9 of these to ship out to a few colleagues and what do they do? Shipped them in 3 separate jiffy bags with no additional protection! WTF? Out of the 9, 6 were HORRIBLY dented / crushed on the bottom like something heavy dropped on them. And 2 had spine slashes. Of course, no more in stock at stores near me so I have to go return these damaged ones and hope that my online order will be shipped properly this time. Someone must've been pissed at the warehouse to ship them out like that! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yet, when I order single steelbooks, I get them in the big boxes with paper padding. How the heck does that work?!?!

I ordered 6 and got 4 in a single box. I haven't called if the other 2 is being shipped separately. 2 out of 4 had spine slash and no more in my local store. The next town FS is 4 hour drive away.

• Informative
Reactions: Bluprint
Sucks to see all these reports of spine slashes even with FS/forum members so involved with this release. Such a simple thing to keep from happening if only a couple procedures would be changed...Like don't run the d@mn boxknife all the way down the middle. 3 seconds extra in opening a box :rolleyes:

sucks to hear all this.....missed delivery yesterday so going to post office shortly to pick up my order, hope its secure in a box and not damaged

Just got back from my FS, was able to replace my copy with a spine slash and get a mint copy. Apparently a bunch of others were in before me replacing their spine slashed copies too. They only had one copy left after my exchange, so I guess I arrived just in time.

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
awww picked mine up from post office and both of them had spine slashes :( :(

ordered some more from FS website since none of my local FS's seem to have any in-stock. I hope at least one of those don't have spine slash

This is getting me worried I really don't want a spine slashed copy In my drive collection.

Nah mate, be worried what gets received by @Drum18 never be worried by what he sends out. He inspects them all like Sherlock Homes the best he can, even if the shrink has a tiny rip he will say beforehand. Getting steels from him is WAY better than a store where it's pot luck. :thumbs:Man is a LEGEND!

@psychoscot
As you said, I'm doing my BEST to send only perfect mint copies, BUT I'm human and mistake can happen.

For this specific Drive release, as I explained in my video, I'm 3x checking for NOT sending any slashed spine, BUT some copies have few tiny tears in the plastic. NOTHING serious, no ding/scratches/paint chip, but still... the plastic wrap used on this release is REALLY thin and easy to break. Especially with the hard plastic sleeve around it... not the best choice IMO....

Yeah sharp edges on the slip means ripped wrap. Even on stronger wrap it's gonna be a problem. Maybe they should wrap them in white silk cloth instead THEN put the wrap on LOL!

@psychoscot
As you said, I'm doing my BEST to send only perfect mint copies, BUT I'm human and mistake can happen.

For this specific Drive release, as I explained in my video, I'm 3x checking for NOT sending any slashed spine, BUT some copies have few tiny tears in the plastic. NOTHING serious, no ding/scratches/paint chip, but still... the plastic wrap used on this release is REALLY thin and easy to break. Especially with the hard plastic sleeve around it... not the best choice IMO....
I don't mind tears in the wrapping as I'm going to open mine up just worried about a spine slash but I respect @Drum18 just for organising this and putting his time in to help others get something and I'm sure he will be seeing me in his mondo group buys a lot :thumbs::stop:;)

Reactions: psychoscot
I open all my steels too, so I don't mind receiving ones with torn wrapping. ;)

Thanks again for your help and the continued updates @Drum18. :notworthy:

This is one of the best colouring/ink/gloss jobs I've seen on a steel. 1 of my 2 copies had a spine slash, so I opened them both, put the mint one in a (text-less) sleeve for cataloguing, and put the sleeveless in a stand on my shelf so the colours can better be reflected in the light. :cool:

Got mine in the mail today, I was surprised when I received the parcel because Future Shop shipped it into a large envelope (no bubble wrap) instead of their usual box/brown paper combo. It looks likes its in almost perfect condition, does sound like a loose disc but it might be because of the multiple discs. Ordered another one and I will keep the best one sealed and open the other one.