#010 Ex Machina (Mondo x SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Aug 9, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Release date: July 14, 2015
Purchase link: Ex Machina Mondo
Price: $24.99
Group buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir
Notes: Region A locked

EX MACHINA Mondo Blu-ray SteelBook announced | Hi-Def Ninja - Blu-ray SteelBooks - Pop Culture - Movie News

Ex-Machina-Beauty-Shot.png

Ex-Machina-main-w-sleeve.pngEx-Machina-main.pngExMachina-Tilted.pngEx-Machjna-Insidewithinsert.pngEx-Machina-inside.pngEx-Machina_BACK-with-SLEEVE.pngEx-Machina-Back.png

"That image is just the slipcase - looking forward to showing the actual steel book... New art and the finish is unbelievable #ExMachina"

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, it's been an Ex Machina year so far..

The WWA art and the MondoX are both worthy of Steelbook of the Year nomination. With 2 upcoming premium exclusive from Film Arena & HDZeta.

Sadly, my mind hasn't changed.

I didn't open mine, but left it sealed and still I have no intention of opening it. It doesn't do anything for me.

I'm gonna stick to my original zavvi release and the copy of FilmArena.

So disappointed.....

Reactions: lolwut
Sadly, my mind hasn't changed.

I didn't open mine, but left it sealed and still I have no intention of opening it. It doesn't do anything for me.

I'm gonna stick to my original zavvi release and the copy of FilmArena.

So disappointed.....
You're disappointed because you can't open it ?

You're disappointed because you can't open it ?
No, not that.

Even seeing pictures from forum-members and having the steel in hand (sealed). I still don't find it special. It's too minimalistic for me. The way i see it is, it's just some random doodling on a steel with a small head on the front which has a slight effect. The back art is so tiny compared to the rest i don't understand why.

The inner artwork is the same as the back and that's it. The real gimmick is the transparant sleeve and that for me, just isn't enough.

Last edited:
Photos of this look great, but it looks even better when you have it in hand and see it with your own eyes... the attention to detail (I absolutely love the mesh effect) and finish are incredible! It's a true piece of art IMO, and is now possibly my favourite Mondo steelbook to date. :drool:

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Photos of this look great, but it looks even better when you have it in hand and see it with your own eyes... the attention to detail (I absolutely love the mesh effect) and finish are incredible! It's a true piece of art IMO, and is now possibly my favourite Mondo steelbook to date. :drool:
Okay, maybe I'll might open it.

Is it region free? The Tapatalk search is kinda annoying.

Okay, maybe I'll might open it.

Is it region free? The Tapatalk search is kinda annoying.
I do honestly think it should be seen with the wrapping off before judging it... the true beauty lies underneath the slip IMO. Although, I don't want to persuade you to open it if you're unsure!

As for it being region free... I have no idea, and I'm unable to check at the moment, because my PS4 (BD player) is currently updating.

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Thanks guys... ;-)

Tapatalk gets worse every update. Now the font is so big I only see 3 thread before I have to scroll.

It's getting pretty annoying and above that, all the spam for the forums.

Jeez.

Oh well, I believe you guys when it comes to how good it looks.

I'll think about it and maybe open it up. But maybe not cause I got the FA Edition and zavvi coming....