Alliance Wave - Nov 5th, 2013 (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Amazon.ca Exclusive) [Canada]

Which title (s) of this wave will you get?

• ALL OF THEM!!! :rock:

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Apocalypse Now

Votes: 31 14.6%
  • Hero

Votes: 52 24.4%
  • Highlander

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • Kill Bill Vol. 1

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Kill Bill Vol. 2

Votes: 42 19.7%
  • Pulp Fiction

Votes: 50 23.5%
  • Rambo: First Blood

Votes: 32 15.0%
  • Sin City

Votes: 47 22.1%
  • Stargate

Votes: 55 25.8%
  • Terminator 2

Votes: 70 32.9%
  • Total Recall

• None of them! :(

Votes: 40 18.8%

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Apocalypse Now

• Hero

• Highlander

• Kill Bill Vol. 1

• Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

• Sin City

• Stargate

• Terminator 2

• Total Recall

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Apocalypse Now

• Hero

• Highlander

• Kill Bill Vol. 1

• Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

• Sin City

• Stargate

• Terminator 2

• Total Recall

• Total voters

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 5th, 2013
Order wave here on Amazon.ca
To discuss Amazon.ca Shipping & Policy: Visit our retailer section

Apocalypse Now (Inside art)
First Blood (NO inside art)
Hero (Inside art)
Highlander (NO inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Inside art)
Pulp Fiction (Inside art)
Sin City (Inside art)
Stargate (NO inside art)
Terminator 2 (NO inside art)
Total Recall (NO inside art)

41kCBmDTTxL._AA160_.jpg
51PgtMSs0mL._AA160_.jpg
516xNyk9AaL._AA160_.jpg
41a7pfWcmxL._AA160_.jpg

41HFFhAXnNL._AA160_.jpg
41Zbh36aSlL._AA160_.jpg
41XUzHlIh7L._AA160_.jpg
517FMT3BJBL._AA160_.jpg

41UtFk5kcOL._AA160_.jpg
51CHmAz9A4L._AA160_.jpg
41dNw6YfrUL._AA160_.jpg

Poll open!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100% with you and it is actually becoming a little annoying that these titles keep getting released over and over again. All the movies they keep re releasing are good movies but not great movies. Lets get some fresh titles out already

Well yes and no, if you missed out last time on a steelbook for a particular film a new release is a good thing. Not saying they shouldn't release other films that haven't had the steelbook treatment. But rather a mixture of the two.

Why can I order 4 Steelbooks from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de and have them shipped to the USA for less than it costs for 4 steelbooks shipped from Amazon.ca? $15.95 for shipping?

Terminator 2, Total Recall, Highlander, and Stargate.

Works the same way from amazon.com to Canada. Insane shipping costs and usually gets some extra added when it hits the border.

T2 kill bill 1 & 2 and pulp fiction all ship to the uk CDN$ 103.76 which is 62.41 gbp so not that bad but customs I'm guess is gonna hit

Last edited:
fyi, the increase from 'standard' to 'express' for shipping (at least to the US) used to be marginal-so if you are interested in ordering, it may be worth it just to check what the 'upgrade' in shipping costs to your location.

Reactions: rodobastos
fyi, the increase from 'standard' to 'express' for shipping (at least to the US) used to be marginal-so if you are interested in ordering, it may be worth it just to check what the 'upgrade' in shipping costs to your location.

I clicked on both to see the difference to the Uk and it wasn't a big jump. After all the horror stories I've read on here though about Amazon.Ca getting the disc here quicker is less of a priority than the packaging which is shockling bad from what I'm told.

None.

I'm one of the few who think that the T2 artwork is incredibly awful. Sin City looks nice, unfortunately, I already own the previous one. I really like the Kill Bill Vol. 1 artwork but the Vol. 2 is silly so no point in getting that, I also have them already.

There is no shipping way that worthwhile to brazilians.

Amazon.ca ship by courier for all shipping methods and taxes applied in customs increase the value of the product in more than 100%.. :angry:

Thank you..

There is no shipping way that worthwhile to brazilians.

Amazon.ca ship by courier for all shipping methods and taxes applied in customs increase the value of the product in more than 100%.. :angry:

Thank you..
Shipping from
icon_canada.png
is just a pain... :angry:

But shipping from
icon_canada.png
to
icon_brazil.png
is even worse!!!
(in a box, via Air Mail, but NO tracking... and NO insurance...)
1 steel: 21$
2-3 steels: 41$

So... I could organize a GB, but not sure it's such worth it... :(

Reactions: rodobastos
So is the blu-ray logo actually going to be on the front cover of each of these? It doesn't look terrible on most of them, but on the Pulp Fiction steelbook it will really stand out. Hopefully amazon.ca just put that there so people know they're blu's; hopefully it's not part of the actual steelbook.

Sure a lot of these are already available on steelbook, but most of this artwork is new, and some of the covers in this batch look great. If they have nice back covers, nice inside artwork, there could be some decent opportunities here. and if any of them are glossy, that would be icing on top. Interested to see more.

Ordered Stargate, Highlander & Total Recall; tempted on Hero & Pulp Fiction, but I have those on blu already so can't really justify it.

Also on the fence regarding Sin City. I have the German steel with the same artwork, and I might double-dip if the final cover on this one is cleaner, but I'm also curious if it contains more than one cut of the film.

Damn, I like these.
I'm going to have to double dip on KB again along with Sin City, Pulp, and T2.

Probably will get Hero and Apocalypse Now as well. I hope these don't go OOS for a long long time because I don't want to get them until they're on sale. :(