Alliance Wave - Nov 5th, 2013 (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Amazon.ca Exclusive) [Canada]

Which title (s) of this wave will you get?

• ALL OF THEM!!! :rock:

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Apocalypse Now

Votes: 31 14.6%
  • Hero

Votes: 52 24.4%
  • Highlander

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • Kill Bill Vol. 1

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Kill Bill Vol. 2

Votes: 42 19.7%
  • Pulp Fiction

Votes: 50 23.5%
  • Rambo: First Blood

Votes: 32 15.0%
  • Sin City

Votes: 47 22.1%
  • Stargate

Votes: 55 25.8%
  • Terminator 2

Votes: 70 32.9%
  • Total Recall

• None of them! :(

Votes: 40 18.8%

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Apocalypse Now

• Hero

• Highlander

• Kill Bill Vol. 1

• Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

• Sin City

• Stargate

• Terminator 2

• Total Recall

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Apocalypse Now

• Hero

• Highlander

• Kill Bill Vol. 1

• Kill Bill Vol. 2

• Pulp Fiction

• Sin City

• Stargate

• Terminator 2

• Total Recall

• Total voters

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 5th, 2013
Order wave here on Amazon.ca
To discuss Amazon.ca Shipping & Policy: Visit our retailer section

Apocalypse Now (Inside art)
First Blood (NO inside art)
Hero (Inside art)
Highlander (NO inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Inside art)
Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Inside art)
Pulp Fiction (Inside art)
Sin City (Inside art)
Stargate (NO inside art)
Terminator 2 (NO inside art)
Total Recall (NO inside art)

41kCBmDTTxL._AA160_.jpg
51PgtMSs0mL._AA160_.jpg
516xNyk9AaL._AA160_.jpg
41a7pfWcmxL._AA160_.jpg

41HFFhAXnNL._AA160_.jpg
41Zbh36aSlL._AA160_.jpg
41XUzHlIh7L._AA160_.jpg
517FMT3BJBL._AA160_.jpg

41UtFk5kcOL._AA160_.jpg
51CHmAz9A4L._AA160_.jpg
41dNw6YfrUL._AA160_.jpg

Poll open!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.ca still has some from the last Alliance wave last year - Pirahna and Kick-Ass. The other 2 in that wave, Limitless and Blow, are OOS and available through marketplace resellers. Based on that and more titles, I am confident these guys will be in stock for a while perhaps even through a few rounds of price cuts :)

These are Amazon exclusives though so I am a bit more worried. I can still get those Alliance ones in some retailers here locally. The last Amazon.ca exclusive (Dark Knight Returns) sold out now it seems... though that one is not really exclusive since Target also has it. :p

what is with more releases of the same old movies being released again. Come on give us movies that have not been out in steel. The Artwork is cool on most of them, but I would rather see cool artwork for other titles.

I clicked on both to see the difference to the Uk and it wasn't a big jump. After all the horror stories I've read on here though about Amazon.Ca getting the disc here quicker is less of a priority than the packaging which is shockling bad from what I'm told.

I ordered Lost Boys from Amazon.ca via normal shipping and it got here in a week but I was very lucky that it got here intact as it was sent in a standard padded bag. If I go ahead with anymore from Amazon.ca I am in two minds to go through a third party, it will take longer but I won't have to gamble on what condition it arrives in.

DAMN! i really hoped that this steels didn't look so good, now i have to think seriously about getting some of these :cool: (that T2 looks specially good)

Sin city and total recall is the Def.

Kill Bill 1 & 2 maybe.

haven't used amazon Canada before and am a bit nervous after seeing some comments.

I wouldn't be nervous as their service is excellent. Just don't expect your Steelbook to arrive in one piece. I have up ordering from them in the end as I couldn't get mint copies of the ones I ordered. Yes getting a refund and not having to return the Steelbook is great, but really I just want the Steelbook I paid for in good condition.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be nervous as their service is excellent. Just don't expect your Steelbook to arrive in one piece. I have up ordering from them in the end as I couldn't get mint copies of the ones I ordered. Yes getting a refund and not having to return the Steelbook is great, but really I just want the Steelbook I paid for in good condition.

If you order multiple films do they just ship them out individually in rubbish mailers or do you have more chance of getting them in a secure box? I'm tempted with some of these but not if they are almost guaranteed to be damaged which seems to be the common consensus.

If you order multiple films do they just ship them out individually in rubbish mailers or do you have more chance of getting them in a secure box? I'm tempted with some of these but not if they are almost guaranteed to be damaged which seems to be the common consensus.

THIS?

1-2 Steels, you're pretty much guaranteed Bubble mailer. 3-4 and they usually put them in boxes. I say usually because sometimes I think they find bigger bubble mailers and say "hey, these 4 will fit in one of these."

On the +plus side they're great at customer service. They usually let you keep the damaged one and send replacement -if you're out of country. Shipping back and forth usually proves more expensive for them.

More info about amazon.ca in specific retailer thread-> LINK HERE!

Hope this eases some of your minds. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted None of them! The artwork and finishing seems like a pile of poop at the moment EEK!

I take that back, T2 does look awesome...Depending on the finishing...

Last edited:
Reactions: Marina Blue

If you order multiple films you can expect a hefty charge from HMRC/Royal Mail.