G2 steelbook with no inside art.
Purchase Link: click here

Also appears that it will contain movie cash for The Dark Knight Rises

Attachments

• m2199283.jpg
    m2199283.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
I can gurantee if they end up the same as the Japan ones that will send ripples in the steelbook collecting communities. It will piss off more people than they can imagine. It will send a message to not collect them anymore. I hope that Steelbook understands this.

Oh my goodness. :D

I can gurantee if they end up the same as the Japan ones that will send ripples in the steelbook collecting communities. It will piss off more people than they can imagine. It will send a message to not collect them anymore. I hope that Steelbook understands this.

Agreed, holy crap would I feel like a super sucker for spending so much to import the Japanese ones if this were to happen.

Im curious to know why you think it will be these in specific (if it happens) that make people flip? Why not some of the other "big" steel books before these ones that got re-released already couldn't have caused people to flip.

Timing? Cost difference?

I mean the JP BB/TDK are popular steels but there by no means anywhere close to some of the other "bigger" steel books out there that could possibly be re-released and some "bigger" steel books that have already had re-releases like Underworld trilogy DE, etc.

Or is that up until if it ever happens that Amazon JP exclusives were kind of untouched by anyone else until now?

Dont get me wrong... Im against re-releases but Im trying to understand why these in specific would cause a huge stir in comparison to some other titles previously re-released.

Last edited:
Agreed, holy crap would I feel like a super sucker for spending so much to import the Japanese ones if this were to happen.

Read more: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/19857/&page=2#ixzz1yEIFZsH7

I agree in that too.

What about the people that had spend a lot of money in the original one.....

If they keep doing this, they are going to destroy the collector value of this steelbooks and people, im include will just stop to collect. Why dont they just do new releases. Well I know the answer, MONEY!

Im now scare to buy an expensive and rare edition, I do have some in mind, because they will release another one exactly the same for less money. Which is fine to me spending less money but it is not good for the Collector. It doesnt feel the same having a Steelbook that you know it is really rare than having a regular re-release.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't surprise me if these are just re-releases like the recent Best Buy steelies

Yeah, I think these being the Best Buy versions from the States makes more sense as they are the same company. I will just double dip and keep these ones to watch / use the movie cash, though I would have preferred this to be some Future Shop exclusive lenticular slipcovers instead of the Best Buy versions of the Steelbooks. ;)
Korea and Japan sharing their releases also kind of make sense due to them being both Asian countries.

Why? Everytime it's the same 'I will quit if these are the same message', maybe some collectors should just realise that it's not worth paying over the odds to import a steelbook as we are very much in a climate where a re-release of any title could be just around the corner. It's the same reason I haven't bothered to buy any of the Japanese ones. Obviously they have seen that sales of those have been very good and decided to take advantage of it. The only trouble is that they don't understand what steelbook collecting is about. They think that higher sales = more demand for that title which isn't always true. I think a lot of people purchased the Japanese ones because they had unique artwork and because they were supposedly a worldwide exclusive. I think Wreck needs to get in touch with his contacts as it seems that the number of re-releases are way outnumbering new steelbook titles.

That said, I wouldn't mind if they released some of the other Japanese steels as I refused to pay the extortionate prices and waited for the inevitable re-release down the road.

I personally hope it's different from the US / CA release. Even if that means the same as the JP / KOR relase.

I very much doubt it will have any effect on the 'collector community'. The retailer sells these at retail & generally, they sell out. The only exceptions being huge print runs.

The secondary market effects indivudals profiteering, someone somewhere is making a killing on the high Value steels and it's not the producer / owner of the material.

If these are copies of the Japan releases then surely you'd have thought they'd be releasing Seven, Blade Runner etc. at the same time.

If these are copies of the Japan releases then surely you'd have thought they'd be releasing Seven, Blade Runner etc. at the same time.

Indeed, but I don't think those titles sold as well as the Batmans, which is all those film companies care about of course.

I personally hope it's different from the US / CA release. Even if that means the same as the JP / KOR relase.

I very much doubt it will have any effect on the 'collector community'. The retailer sells these at retail & generally, they sell out. The only exceptions being huge print runs.

The secondary market effects indivudals profiteering, someone somewhere is making a killing on the high Value steels and it's not the producer / owner of the material.

Indeed, but they must strike a balance between printing enough for them to make lots of moola and not printing too much or re-releasing too many times so that it negatively affects the collector's community, many of whom collect Steelbooks in part because of the collectibility factor of the items. Tis' a thin line to walk between, but then again if they can build up enough releases so there are tons and tons of releases so that the economies of scale is enough for them to not have to worry whether they affect the collector's market or not then more power to them.

EDIT: Just noticed I used "Indeed" to start my post just like the poster above. :p

Indeed, but I don't think those titles sold as well as the Batmans, which is all those film companies care about of course.

Going with the all about money theory, I doubt then that this is anything more imaginative than just re-releasing the previous FS versions just in time for Dark Knight Rises to hit cinemas. I'd be surprised if it was the Japanese artwork.

Isn't there already a Steelbook for Batman Begins? I guess they are trying to milk customers since Dark Knight Rises hits theaters on July.

And I sure hope it won't be like the Japan & Korean versions, I paid alot for my Japanese version on Ebay, and it will lose all of it's value & uniqueness if they use that artwork. Sure it would be nice for those who missed it, but for us who paid some money for it, it would be a bummer.

If the worst happens and they use it, I am NEVER going to buy anything from Canada anymore.

Unlike others in this thread I hope that these are like the Japanese editions seeing how Amazon Japan likes to charge outrageous prices on shipping I did not get those. These being like the Japanese editions would make a nice addition to my collection. :)

Or....it could be completely new artwork to compliment the design of a possible Dark Knight Rises steelbook kinda like they did with the HP running up to the release of 7.2 EEK!

from the price, i bet its the same as the recent USA steelbooks

I really hope they are not. We definitely don't need Best Buy to dump us their crappy releases with no inside art :(

This really bothers me, this would mean that Future Shop actually would start re-releasing steels and they never do!