G2 steelbook with no inside art.
Purchase Link: click here

Also appears that it will contain movie cash for The Dark Knight Rises

Attachments

• m2199283.jpg
    m2199283.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:
in a strange way i am hoping that they will be similar to the japanese release so i won't need to purchase it again

I don't think it will be the Japan ones, I won't be upset about it if it is but having been collecting for a while most of the fun for me is the chase.

When you can no longer pull off that awesome trade for a sought after steelbook then most of the interest will fade for me, I like the fact that play etc are getting all these new additions but I don't want to be able to order every single steelbook from my local retailer.

Just my opinion!

Its because of the magnitude. Its one thing to have a title like underworld in Germany to get a re-release, but to have say a complete wave of expensive steelbooks that cost about $40 to get in one country and then have them redily avaible in N.A. at dirt cheap prices. Just remember the U.S. now has a G2 steelbook plant operational now. It would mean mass re-releases are underway if they start with the Japan wave.

That would send a message to COLLECTORS that there is no reason to collect what seems like rare items anymore. In fact I bet steelbook collectors from all over the world would stop buying expensive ones and just wait for the CHEAP ones from North America instead. Why spend $40 when you can wait for the cheapo N.A. release for $15

I see what your saying. I guess we differ where I think there already have been just as big re-releases in magnitude for expensive steels and this message that there is no reason to collect has been sent out multiple times already. This certainly wouldn't be the first IMO of its kind. So I dont see how this will be the all mighty rippling effect that changes the community cuz' it seems like most people have just carried on really including myself despite my grudge against the re-releases. All it did was change the way I spend my money on steel's (selective titles only, less quantity, not spending high amounts on missed releases, etc.).

All this may be for nothing anyways with no confirmed artwork for these, lol. But it makes for an interesting conversation at least.

Any group buys for this? If these are different than the ones released in Japan and the US and the art is viable, then I'm in. Of course hopefully they'll be $20 at most for each. I'll just return my Best Buy copies then.

Any group buys for this? If these are different than the ones released in Japan and the US and the art is viable, then I'm in. Of course hopefully they'll be $20 at most for each. I'll just return my Best Buy copies then.

It's a bit early, we don't even know for certain that it's a steel.

Its because of the magnitude. Its one thing to have a title like underworld in Germany to get a re-release, but to have say a complete wave of expensive steelbooks that cost about $40 to get in one country and then have them redily avaible in N.A. at dirt cheap prices. Just remember the U.S. now has a G2 steelbook plant operational now. It would mean mass re-releases are underway if they start with the Japan wave.

That would send a message to COLLECTORS that there is no reason to collect what seems like rare items anymore. In fact I bet steelbook collectors from all over the world would stop buying expensive ones and just wait for the CHEAP ones from North America instead. Why spend $40 when you can wait for the cheapo N.A. release for $15.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

You just proved to everyone what the steelbook community is feeling ALREADY!!! It could spiral out of control if they are not careful.

I know my habits would change drastically. Trust me. They don't want people like me slowing down.

For someone like myself as a comic book collector, there is a difference in the community as a collector to buy a first print and a reprint. Like that, the first pressing will have more value then a reprint. I wish the cards had a print or reprint indication to let them know what they have.

I don't think that it will be the same release as the Japanese whites, this is a too low price for this. Only 17 CAD for steelbook from FS with inner artwork and 2 discs in the case of TDK? If this will be a true, then I will stop buy expensive "kind of collectors and limited release" because what, then collecting will lose flavor and become only a common purchase for everyone another titles.
If FS release now this Batman steelbooks looking the same like Japan whites , than I proposes them to re-release all PiratesOTC steelbooks, IM steelbook and other rare ones and thereby killing the spirit of collecting.

Well the truth at this point is that nothing matters until we find out if this is a steelbook or not. If it turns out not to be then all this is worry (or excitement) can just go away