G2 steelbook with no inside art.
Purchase Link: click here

Also appears that it will contain movie cash for The Dark Knight Rises

Attachments

• m2199283.jpg
    m2199283.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they are not. We definitely don't need Best Buy to dump us their crappy releases with no inside art :(

This really bothers me, this would mean that Future Shop actually would start re-releasing steels and they never do!

So this will be the first FS Exclusive (TDK with Blue banner) to be re-released as a new FS Exclusive?

I really hope it's not the Best Buy stock.

Well, Mehdi you better pick up any batman begins you can find before its an indistinguishable purchase.

If they use the Japanese artwork for these, I'll end up thinking it's all my fault. The store manager was curious about them and he asked me to see them. Brought them with me next time I went there and he fell in love with them. He then quipped "how come we didn't got those", which I've answered by " :dunno: "

What a weird coincidence it would be! :hilarious:

Reactions: Frasr
Whaaaaatttt??
What's the point of doing this? We already had some nice release???

Oh well... I'm already at 3x dipping... maybe 4th? :hilarious:

If they use the Japanese artwork for these, I'll end up thinking it's all my fault. The store manager was curious about them and he asked me to see them. Brought them with me next time I went there and he fell in love with them. He then quipped "how come we didn't got those", which I've answered by " :dunno: "

What a weird coincidence it would be! :hilarious:

You can't be serious can you? EEK!

If these are copies of the Japan releases then surely you'd have thought they'd be releasing Seven, Blade Runner etc. at the same time.

That didnt happen with the Korea releases.

I stumbled upon these while surfing the Amazon UK site. I'm pretty sure they are not Steels but could FS possibly be using this artwork, exactly like the Japan/Koreas but with color instead of all black and white. Im not sure if I like them or not. For the price I may be able to deal.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007X4KU9M/?tag=hidefnin-21

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007X4KUBU/?tag=hidefnin-21

When does artwork confirmation usually come?

Im curious to know why you think it will be these in specific (if it happens) that make people flip? Why not some of the other "big" steel books before these ones that got re-released already couldn't have caused people to flip.

Timing? Cost difference?

I mean the JP BB/TDK are popular steels but there by no means anywhere close to some of the other "bigger" steel books out there that could possibly be re-released and some "bigger" steel books that have already had re-releases like Underworld trilogy DE, etc.

Or is that up until if it ever happens that Amazon JP exclusives were kind of untouched by anyone else until now?

Dont get me wrong... Im against re-releases but Im trying to understand why these in specific would cause a huge stir in comparison to some other titles previously re-released.

Its because of the magnitude. Its one thing to have a title like underworld in Germany to get a re-release, but to have say a complete wave of expensive steelbooks that cost about $40 to get in one country and then have them redily avaible in N.A. at dirt cheap prices. Just remember the U.S. now has a G2 steelbook plant operational now. It would mean mass re-releases are underway if they start with the Japan wave.

That would send a message to COLLECTORS that there is no reason to collect what seems like rare items anymore. In fact I bet steelbook collectors from all over the world would stop buying expensive ones and just wait for the CHEAP ones from North America instead. Why spend $40 when you can wait for the cheapo N.A. release for $15.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Why? Everytime it's the same 'I will quit if these are the same message', maybe some collectors should just realise that it's not worth paying over the odds to import a steelbook as we are very much in a climate where a re-release of any title could be just around the corner. It's the same reason I haven't bothered to buy any of the Japanese ones. Obviously they have seen that sales of those have been very good and decided to take advantage of it. The only trouble is that they don't understand what steelbook collecting is about. They think that higher sales = more demand for that title which isn't always true. I think a lot of people purchased the Japanese ones because they had unique artwork and because they were supposedly a worldwide exclusive. I think Wreck needs to get in touch with his contacts as it seems that the number of re-releases are way outnumbering new steelbook titles.

That said, I wouldn't mind if they released some of the other Japanese steels as I refused to pay the extortionate prices and waited for the inevitable re-release down the road.

You just proved to everyone what the steelbook community is feeling ALREADY!!! It could spiral out of control if they are not careful.

I know my habits would change drastically. Trust me. They don't want people like me slowing down.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
I doubt this will be like the Japanese or Korea steelbooks. Even if this is, it would probably be with no inside art because of the price, making the original the true collectors item. It's all speculative though. These may not even be steelbooks in the first place, hence the word possible in the thread title. Let's see what unfolds.

Its because of the magnitude. Its one thing to have a title like underworld in Germany to get a re-release, but to have say a complete wave of expensive steelbooks that cost about $40 to get in one country and then have them redily avaible in N.A. at dirt cheap prices. Just remember the U.S. now has a G2 steelbook plant operational now. It would mean mass re-releases are underway if they start with the Japan wave.

That would send a message to COLLECTORS that there is no reason to collect what seems like rare items anymore. In fact I bet steelbook collectors from all over the world would stop buying expensive ones and just wait for the CHEAP ones from North America instead. Why spend $40 when you can wait for the cheapo N.A. release for $15.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

You just proved to everyone what the steelbook community is feeling ALREADY!!! It could spiral out of control if they are not careful.

I know my habits would change drastically. Trust me. They don't want people like me slowing down.

No offense Chip, but I don't think you are a normal collector. You buying multiple copies of a steelbook vs 10 individuals buying 1 copy each is possibly worse for the industry.

After all, 10 new customers might go on to buy 10 more steels with a potentially exponential growth rate.

In general, blurays and steelbooks are intended for the country of release. Releasing a popular title, with popular art in another territory opens the door to a whole new market for the film company / distrubter. Joe Average may never have seen the .jp batman begins, but immediately buy it if he sees it on a shelf in his local store.

I'm personally all for cheap steels being released in as many territories as possible. Providing they keep the total print limited to a reasonable figure most people will be better off.

I collect for a love of the case / films, the cost is something I always prefer to be lower

I don't think a reprint of the .jp art on this one will change the community

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Of course it would change the community. People will hold off on buying these more expensive releases "knowing" they will be released elsewhere for 3 times less.

It is making it not so collectable anymore.