Buy multiple Steelbooks & other Limited Editions of the same movie? Poll& Pics!

Do you buy multiple Steelbooks & other editions of same film if cover is different?

• Only if I like the movie enough

Votes: 38 41.3%
  • No, I pick the cover I like the best

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • No I usually only buy Steelbooks/eds from my own country

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Yes, I am a hopeless OCD Steelbook/Limited Ed fanatic

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Sometimes-my mindset is different for each release

Votes: 22 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Take a poll & feel free to share your thoughts!

This thread has been merged, to include responses that refer to not only purchasing multiple 'Steelbooks' of the same film, but also other types of box sets, limited editions, etc of the same film.

Enjoy!
DB

Last edited:
I have all those same Hellboys DAR ... haha.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

I also have ...

Robin Hood - UK SB
Robin Hood/IlGladiatore - IT SB
Robin Hood Collector's Box - DE (mit SB)
Robin Hood - DE SB
+ Robin Hood AU
+ Robin Hood FS CA

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

On the UK one you just mean the LE one I presume ... with the postcards.

Nice Wreck! Do you know if that slip on Hellboy 2 is hard to come by now? I would think so because it's lenticular, but idk.

Yup, the IB UK LE w/postcards.

Oh I'd say its definitely hard to come by now, I visited so many diff stores in many diff cities and I NEVER saw it available except when I got one at a used store. Tho mine isnt in the best of shape. A mint one of those I would say is very rare, pretty sure it was exclusive to whom ........... best buy? target? do you remember?

Oh I'd say its definitely hard to come by now, I visited so many diff stores in many diff cities and I NEVER saw it available except when I got one at a used store. Tho mine isnt in the best of shape. A mint one of those I would say is very rare, pretty sure it was exclusive to whom ........... best buy? target? do you remember?

Sweet. I got mine at Best Buy so must have been a BB exclusive. I just checked mine out, and it looks to be in pretty good shape :scat:

The Dark Knight (Future Shop - 1st edition)
The Dark Knight (France)
The Dark Knight (Netherlands - incoming)
The Dark Knight (Canada - 2nd print)
The Dark Knight / Batman Begins (Double steelbook - Germany)
The Dark Knight (Germany)

Inglorious Basterds (France + postcards)
Inglorious Basterds (Future Shop)
Inglorious Basterds (Germany)

Inception (MX)
Inception (Germany)
Inception Briefcase (UK)

Terminator 2 1.0 (Japan)
Terminator 2 2.0 (Japan)
Terminator 2 - HD DVD steelbook (Germany)

Last edited:
Inception Briefcase (UK)
Inception Steelbook (US)
Inception Steelbook (GER)

Kick-Ass Amaray w/ Slipcover (US)
Kick-Ass Steelbook (NL)
Kick-Ass Steelbook (GER)

District 9 Best Buy Exclusive w/ MNU Vest (US)
District 9 Amaray w/ Slipcover
District 9 Steelbook (GER)

Double Dipping...Are You Guilty?

In this age of multi-country releases are you guilty of double-dipping?
Double dipping eg. buying the same title more than once.
THE EXPENSIVE WAY OF COLLECTING STEELBOOKS.
Why do we do it? Chime in with your pics and thoughts.

Note...Please merge if this thread already exists.

Attachments

• DSCN2541.jpg
    DSCN2541.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN2543.jpg
    DSCN2543.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN2550.jpg
    DSCN2550.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN2548.jpg
    DSCN2548.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 97
Nah, I just usually go and pick one that I really like and that's it. The hobby is too expensive to double, triple, quadruple dip. Just my .02.

I used do do this early on with Steelbooks, but occasionally would end up with mediocre movies, purchased several times. Just makes no sense. I have a few favorite releases where I have multiple covers, but imo, the quality of titles for Steels, recently, does not warrant 1 purchase, nevermind several, for me, personally.

I used double dip but not any more i try to wait and buy the rarest or the one i like the artwork to infact i got over 50 duplicts ready to get rid of where i have bought from other counties.

I did it for few titles then I realized there is no need to waste that much, I pick the best looking preferible with Spanish subs in order to save purchse of the local release ($$$$).

i think there's a point when you start to get selective, and i'm at this point right now, i just wait and then i pick which one i like the best, believe me when i tell you that i used to be a junkie for the steelbook, no more, no more;)

When I started out with Steelbooks just six months ago I bought a few double-dips of titles I really liked that I already owned, like Inglourious Basterds. But now I'll usually just buy the Steelbook, and if it has multiple covers I'll choose what I like best. The exception for me would be if there were a Steelbook of a catalogue title coming out that I really love but already own, like Blade Runner.

for me its only 1 copy a steelbook and thats it, but like Grindhouse and Predators ill just buy the amaray and swap out the Discs. soooooo its somewhat like double dipping on some, with a steel and amaray.

There are a few that I've done this with. I've decided to not open my copy of Unstoppable from Japan - especially since I got a brand new / sealed amaray (with slipcover) copy for $9 something shipped from gohastings.

The funny thing is that gohastings sold it as used. :eek:

A bunch of them - like Blade or Appaloosa - I just get rid of the regular edition. I'll open the steelbook later...the next time I want to watch the movie.

This is something I have to hang my head in shame over. I have 2 or 3 titles where I have not Double Dipped but Multi-Dipped. T2 they are all different versions and I even have the Mexican one coming but have multi format as well. The one which takes the biscuit is Resident Evil: {param} Afterlife; I mean it's not even as if it's a good film.

It is a habit I have to stop and I sure I will, just not sure when !! :ohno:

@olena Just looked closely at your first 2 photos and whilst I haven't got the Tron bike have the UK amaray as well as the FNAC and NL versions to come. Thought the "Tron l'Heritage" boxset a bit too pricey :)

Last edited:
What's so special about resident evil apocalypse?? How man versions are out there? I think I've only seen one steelbook for it, the Walmart edition.

I won't buy multiple steelbooks for many movies...

Worst double dip for me is owning A History of Violence on DVD, BD, and now Steelbook.

Well, worst flat-out multi dip is is the Friday the 13th franchise... VHS, standalone DVDs, Boxset DVDs, and standalone BDs. If they start releasing steels for these, I'm cooked. :(

Sorry ocielz quoted wrong RE film; doh !! That's the trouble there is nothing special. I have UK (x2, one is open), FS, ***, FR(FNAC 3D), DE(3D) and US Walmart one on the way (very cheap).

I used to do it a lot but i won't do it anymore. IB was the worst with 4 different Steels! I have also sold off 2/3 of my Steelbook collection which i thought i wouldn't do but i have lost a bit of enthusiasm for them. They are just too damn expensive! I'm still going to keep my hand in but i will just be picking up the odd title here and there.

Last edited:
I've done it ... If its really cool art, and I really like the movie, then I'm usually a sucker and do it. Mediocre movies I just pick and choose which I like best if I plan on buying the movie in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.