Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date:[/B] September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Here for REGULAR or BILINGUAL editions
Price: 29.99$+tx (has been 26.99$)
Units: 6630 Reg, 1170 Bilingual J card. Total 7800 units
Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir
Finish: Matte
Notes: Title is Debossed
BLUE STAMP CAN BE REMOVED WITH RUBBING
ALCOHOL

catws_sb34-jpg.71659
back-of-steelbook-jpg.83749

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

catws_sbfront-jpg.71658

M2206813.jpg back of steelbook.jpg

Scanavo video preview

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!
Canada will be the same art as USA.
USA thread : here

Last edited by a moderator:
The spine may look stupid my friend but imo the zavvi steel is better than this one.

Each to their own though :thumbs:

I think the Zavvi one has a better paint finish, 100%. I used to be all about the title on the steelbook, but after the poor quality of this release (IMO) and the random damage/stamp mark under the J Card, it just felt like no effort had been made on such a key release. It was like they thought "oh, it's got a title on the front and spine, who cares about quality control"

I've since been able to acquire the Novamedia lenticular release, with my FS copy for sale ;)

Like with anything, you live and you learn! :thumbs:

I think the Zavvi one has a better paint finish, 100%. I used to be all about the title on the steelbook, but after the poor quality of this release (IMO) and the random damage/stamp mark under the J Card, it just felt like no effort had been made on such a key release. It was like they thought "oh, it's got a title on the front and spine, who cares about quality control"

I've since been able to acquire the Novamedia lenticular release, with my FS copy for sale ;)

Like with anything, you live and you learn! :thumbs:

Totally agree! Second this arrived it was resold. Shocking finish, titled or not. :)

And not selling well either. Wish the finish was glossy.

Got rid of mine for a little over cost, but nowhere near what I would have got if it had been the Zavvi one. My heart sank when it arrived, and knowing there might be a stamp on the back, this was just terrible. FS haven't released one steel yet this year yet that I'd give more than 5 outa 10 to. I'm hoping my faith is restored with the mystery title.

Got rid of mine for a little over cost, but nowhere near what I would have got if it had been the Zavvi one. My heart sank when it arrived, and knowing there might be a stamp on the back, this was just terrible. FS haven't released one steel yet this year yet that I'd give more than 5 outa 10 to. I'm hoping my faith is restored with the mystery title.

It depends what your priorities are really, I'd take a titled steelbook every day over one that isn't, regardless of finish, but can appreciate everyone is different. The stamp on the back was easily removable so wasn't a factor.

Reactions: psychoscot
It depends what your priorities are really, I'd take a titled steelbook every day over one that isn't, regardless of finish, but can appreciate everyone is different. The stamp on the back was easily removable so wasn't a factor.

Title/no title doesn't bother me too much really. It's all about finish and art for me :D but I know many like their titles lol especially on the spine, which I must admit on some of the Disney's it did annoy me!

Reactions: hayemaker
You want "title" on the spine but also superior finish of zavvi version. Easy solution. Just buy Korean version with CLEAR SLIP. Its still available from novamedia.

Reactions: PKAVFC
I'm totally with you on this- It's a shame, because the Zavvi WS did have a hell of a better finish to it, but ended up selling that and buying this instead just so it would fit in with the rest of my Marvel steelbooks.
As much as I dislike the GotG steelbook, it needs a title on the spine for me...

Personally, gotten several releases of CA2 and best one for me is the Taiwan 1/4 slip, the steelbook is just flawless, superb. plus that 1/4 slip just fits and blends so perfectly with the steelbook. and Standing it beside Thor 2 taiwan 1/4 slip they just look so amazing together...

I do agree that lately the FS releases haven't been that great, BUT there is one that I think is the Exception and deserves credit : Divergent Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook which is just beautifully crafted ! I love both the ES and FS but they are both different and we need to give credit where it is needed. FS did a Great Job on Divergent. But indeed not Crazy with Thor 2 and CA2 FS.