Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date:[/B] September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Here for REGULAR or BILINGUAL editions
Price: 29.99$+tx (has been 26.99$)
Units: 6630 Reg, 1170 Bilingual J card. Total 7800 units
Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir
Finish: Matte
Notes: Title is Debossed
BLUE STAMP CAN BE REMOVED WITH RUBBING
ALCOHOL

catws_sb34-jpg.71659
back-of-steelbook-jpg.83749

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

catws_sbfront-jpg.71658

M2206813.jpg back of steelbook.jpg

Scanavo video preview

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!
Canada will be the same art as USA.
USA thread : here

Last edited by a moderator:
So, are we definitely sure that an antiseptic wipe will get rid of the stamp without damaging the rest of the steelbook?

Last edited:
From reading this and the Best Buy thread, it appears most copies are damaged, in some capacity.

It's under the J Card too, so it's obviously not the actual group buy being to blame.

Unbelievable that this title was so anticipated and they mess it up.

I now have one damaged steel from my marvel collection and it's really bugging me.

I blame Zavvi ;)

Posted this in the retailer section but think it would not hurt to post it here as well:

For those trying to get a refund for the difference (if you pre-ordered before the price drop to $26.99), do not bother with emails, just call the customer service straight away. I have spent way to much time emailing back and forth. The phone number to call is 1-800-663-2275; then press 1 for English (or 2 for French), then 1 again, then 3, then 2 and it will put you through to a representative for online orders (hopefully normal one - mine was great). no more than 5 minutes. Better yet, next time reorder the item(s) when you see a price drop to avoid all the distress :thumbs:

I blame Zavvi ;)
Whom else? lol

I wish there was a way to fix the 2 tiny paint chips on mine. They're bugging me alot.

But it's the non-centered spine which is really doing my head in. :(
How do I fix that?

From reading this and the Best Buy thread, it appears most copies are damaged, in some capacity.

It's under the J Card too, so it's obviously not the actual group buy being to blame.

I now have one damaged steel from my marvel collection and it's really bugging me.

I blame Zavvi ;)

Damage, very poor finish and an ink print on the back. Seriously poor show. Yeah it's all Zavvis fault! :D

Reactions: lgans316 and PKAVFC

I blame Zavvi ;)

I can only speak for myself as an OCD mint collector but I have received 2 copies from FS and 1 from BB. All 3 were mint but the FS ones came with the stamp that was easily removed by a alcohol swab. The off-centered spine is easily fixed. The matte finish is actually very good quality. Personally I like the North America release best because of the title on the front and spine but I do like the glossy finsh on the Zavvi release which is why I put a high gloss clear coat on my BB copy so it is the best of both worlds.

I'm praying my Nova arrives safely. FS really screwed up on this release.

I disagree FS screwed this one up because I really like the release, but I agree Nova is definitely one to pick up because I'm a sucker for a slipbox on my Steelbooks.

I can only speak for myself as an OCD mint collector but I have received 2 copies from FS and 1 from BB. All 3 were mint but the FS ones came with the stamp that was easily removed by a alcohol swab. The off-centered spine is easily fixed. The matte finish is actually very good quality. Personally I like the North America release best because of the title on the front and spine but I do like the glossy finsh on the Zavvi release which is why I put a high gloss clear coat on my BB copy so it is the best of both worlds.

You have obviously been very fortunate. The level of damage on these steels and where they are hidden, is just poor from FS and BB. I can live with the stamp, thats no biggie. The deep scratch, them no.

I love the North American release, but this time I am very let down. In the UK, we do not have retailers who sell damaged goods and you can't send them back.

Last edited:
You're exaggerating. FS did a fantastic job with this one and with all of their SteelBooks lately.

Keep them coming!

Yes fantastic job

Cap 2, terrible, printed ink!
Godzilla, terrible, no 3D
TMNT, terrible

Hope GOTG and Sin City 2 are a drastic improvement with nice finish and 3D. Zavvi are even beating them at the moment with quality products.

Yes fantastic job

Cap 2, terrible, printed ink!
Godzilla, terrible, no 3D
TMNT, terrible

Hope GOTG and Sin City 2 are a drastic improvement with nice finish and 3D. Zavvi are even beating them at the moment with quality products.

I completely respect your opinion!

That might be your opinion from a picture but these are gorgeous in hand and many may say that!! I can agree from pictures they look not so good but once you have them it's a different story!! I am sure tmnt will look great in hand but that's just my opinion!!

Received my copy on Thursday last Week- Glad to say I didn't have the blue stamp on the rear, but the finish on this steel is better on the UK one unfortunately (especially with the embossed shield on Cap America's back)
Given the choice between the 2 though, would still choose this version any day of the Week simply down to the front/spine title- Can't stand all these title-less releases Europe are getting....