Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date:[/B] September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Here for REGULAR or BILINGUAL editions
Price: 29.99$+tx (has been 26.99$)
Units: 6630 Reg, 1170 Bilingual J card. Total 7800 units
Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir
Finish: Matte
Notes: Title is Debossed
BLUE STAMP CAN BE REMOVED WITH RUBBING
ALCOHOL

catws_sb34-jpg.71659
back-of-steelbook-jpg.83749

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

catws_sbfront-jpg.71658

M2206813.jpg back of steelbook.jpg

Scanavo video preview

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!
Canada will be the same art as USA.
USA thread : here

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I will be opening mine when it arrives, I have another version coming but what a bad mistake to make, I hope this was a genuine mistake anyway.

Rubbing Alcohol it's something you can also buy online, it's simply called rubbing alcohol, I think that's what is being mentioned here, can someone confirm this?

Sorry guys, I just edited my post, as I don't want anyone to damage their steelbooks.

A warning do not use nail varnish remover on your steelbooks.

Last edited:
Reactions: kezzar111
Just brought this on the US eBay site (got it for £35 which is a bit over the odds but what the hey- someone was trying to sell this on the UK eBay for £50!!) Had to buy the FS edition to go with my other Marvel steels- Can't be dealing with it being the odd one out with a title-less spine. Whilst excited, I'm now slightly unnerved regarding the blue stamp issue...I've yet to get a damaged steelbook (own approx 70 now) & know the winning streak will end one of these days...

I'm not sure I will be opening mine when it arrives, I have another version coming but what a bad mistake to make, I hope this was a genuine mistake anyway.

Rubbing Alcohol it's something you can also buy online, it's simply called rubbing alcohol, I think that's what is being mentioned here, can someone confirm this?

Has anyone tried using nail varnish remover? usually one with acetone, that's helped me take off sticky residue and stains in the past on steelbooks, your lady of the house may not be happy about it though if you use is a lot, hehe.
I used an alcohol swab. Everyone should have some at home in an emergency kit to sterilized a cut or something. Look in your pharmacy.
photo.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Mojo
And with its UK cousin:
View attachment 99922

WOW! The difference in color. It looks completely washed out! :O
Im in the GB for the Best Buy one but after hearing about alot of defects and now a comparison to the UK release, these ones looks really bad. I don't know if its worth it just for the title on it.. On the other hand, i hate the botched hangar debossing on the UK release..

Last edited:
WOW! The difference in color. It looks completely washed out! :O
Im in the GB for the Best Buy one but after hearing about alot of defects and now a comparison to the UK release, these ones looks really bad. I don't know if its worth it just for the title on it..
If you really want the title and the gloss finish. Then go for the Blufans version....:thumbs:

If you really want the title and the gloss finish. Then go for the Blufans version....:thumbs:

There will be ages for that to be released ;)
Im pretty new to the steelbook collecting but as i feel right now, I'll probably jump on that train also :happy: Never thought i would double or neverever tripledip on a release, but this hobby is getting the best of me :D

Reactions: earthscope
There will be ages for that to be released ;)
Im pretty new to the steelbook collecting but as i feel right now, I'll probably jump on that train also :happy: Never thought i would double or neverever tripledip on a release, but this hobby is getting the best of me :D
Yep.....We all started with only buying one copy of a film! Oh how that soon changed....:arghh: :LOL::rofl:

Has anyone tried using nail varnish remover? usually one with acetone, that's helped me take off sticky residue and stains in the past on steelbooks, your lady of the house may not be happy about it though if you use it a lot, hehe.

Rubbing alcohol is also called isopropyl alcohol. Any pharmacy should have it. I wouldn't recommend using acetone. You want to use the mildest product possible to remove the stamp. Acetone is much better at dissolving things, so there is a chance it may remove some of the actual paint as well. Remember that it is used to remove nail polish.

Reactions: steelbobawny
Rubbing alcohol is also called isopropyl alcohol. Any pharmacy should have it. I wouldn't recommend using acetone. You want to use the mildest product possible to remove the stamp. Acetone is much better at dissolving things, so there is a chance it may remove some of the actual paint as well. Remember that it is used to remove nail polish.

Ok I should not use it then, I tried it on a damaged steelbook at first and on a few others, must be a mild one, it did not do any damage. Your right it's a risk, as it does dissolve nail polish.

I think I got this bad idea from another forum originally, someone else mentioned it did damage to the edge of the steelbook, so do not use nail varnish remover!

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnie123
Yes indeed thank you for thinking so as well :)
You're welcome. Its just that this shouldn't even be an issue to begin with. I had to deal with spine slashes too and sometimes I cant see it when I pick up steels in-store. I guess insufficient lighting? And it pisses me off when I come home and notice it, because then I have to travel back to return and pick up another copy.

And in your case, are they not aware that they are packaging special editions/collector's items? They should be even more careful when packing them. It's not rocket science;actually like you said, you'd expect it to be common sense. Plus, don't employees package/open all kinds of stuff at FS on a daily basis?

We are choosing to give money to you instead of your competitors around the world, the least you can do is make sure we get it as promised, right?

I mean if you really cant completely control at the employee end at least you can do something similar to this to avoid mistakes:
2571tz9.jpg
and/or (to avoid spine slashes maybe?)
2nv9so8.jpg

Don't know why everyone's got their panties in a bunch over this stamp that came from the manufacturer.

As in every collectible, MINT means that it is flawless as if you have purchased it brand new at the store. If the product comes with a stamp on it, it is still MINT because that is how it came from the manufacturer.

Granted, not all copies have the stamp. I wouldn't worry about it either way. However, I would prefer, that if it came with a stamp, that it stays on. I would not want someone tampering/removing something that was there when it was new and possibly damaging the SteelBook.

In the comic book hobby, date stamps have little to no difference in the overall value of the comic book. A big no-no is any alteration done by a collector or fan to the comic after it has been released.

My GB copy arrived today, can live with the mark on the back, never look at that anyway, less happy that I've got a scratch and small dent on the front :mad: knew I shouldn't have given away my UK version!

Just received mine from the group buy.

The good:
Very well packaged. :)
No dents.
It feels sturdy, and not flimsy, unlike others have said.
Titles! :D

The bad:

2 very tiny paint chips were discovered under the top part of the j-card on the front of the steelbook itself.
The spine, while not completely f*cked up like the Best Buy release, is off centre. There's probably a way to fix that, but I'm not aware of it.
The dreaded stamp on Scarlett Johansson's legs is present.

I'm still pleased to have done business with you though Marc, and I know the issues aren't you fault. I just wish that Scanavo had taken more care when putting this steelbook together.

Look, I want to rub Scarlett Johansson's legs as much as the next guy. Just didn't think I'd be doing it on a steelbook with some rubbing alcohol though, lol! XD