Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: June 26, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon JP
HMV JP
CD Japan
Price: ¥3,669 (Amazon) - ¥3,997 (HMV) - ¥4,700 (CD)
Notes: No 3D disc included, matte finish, region FREE

71Fsa90DpLL._AA1165_.jpg

Actual pictures courtesy of pbtour4il:
dredd-jp-1.jpg

dredd-jp-2.jpg

dredd-jp-3.jpg

dredd-jp-4.jpg

dredd-jp-5.jpg

dredd-jp-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebbing, check out the Conventions/Events sub-forum! We could use another Con addict! I so want to attend that Sacramento Con to meet Hemsworth. I absolutely have to work that day or else I'd be there with Hemsworth VIP. I even looked into flying in that Sunday morning and out later that after noon.

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Check out the photo I'm posting shortly of the signed FNAC Dredd tin.

If you go to a 'con' get a VIP ticket and prepare to have your wallet emptied.

I was a scifi/comic book convention virgin. Couldn't get a VIP ticket. On the saturday, spent 45 minutes standing in line in the cold for a wristband. an hour and a half after that to get in. an hour for a photo with Karl. an hour and a half for autographs from Karl, the same for Peter Weller, at $50 each. (Mind you, Chris Hemsworth in Sacramento is charging $150 for a photo and $199 for 'premium' items, so these guys seem like bargains!)

Karl is my 'man crush'. He knew it too, he signed my 10 x 8 photo 'Steve, lots of love, Karl'. What a guy.

But as this is a little off topic, take your Dredd Japan steelbooks to be signed by Karl and thank him for taking the time to be there so the fans can meet him. Not enough people put in appearances in my opinion and I respect those that do, even if you are on your feet all day paying for the opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
Ordered this today and already been dispatched.

There's two other reasons I ordered the *** version(apart from the steely)
And that reason is DTS: NeoX and region free. The UK version has omitted the DTS: Neo X. US version is 3D and Region Locked. I'll get the US version as soon as I have a region free Blu Ray player.

Reactions: Ashisarobot
Dredd is one of the few 'live action' movies I've seen where I think the 3D effect is put to good use and looks great. But I keep reading that 3D is a dead duck.

Reactions: Ashisarobot
Recieved this yesterday. Give it the old Neo X setting on my reciever,cranked it up a bit and it sounded fantastic. Steely is more than fine in quality, don't know what the grumbles and mumbles are about.

In the chapter select screen(On main menu), The "live" previews of the chapters is excellent, I don't think I've ever seen that implemented in a Blu Ray before.

I don't know if it's just me. I think the picture quality has slightly improved over the UK 3D Edition(In 2D)..imo, Less grain.

Recieved this yesterday. Give it the old Neo X setting on my reciever,cranked it up a bit and it sounded fantastic. Steely is more than fine in quality, don't know what the grumbles and mumbles are about.

In the chapter select screen(On main menu), The "live" previews of the chapters is excellent, I don't think I've ever seen that implemented in a Blu Ray before.

I don't know if it's just me. I think the picture quality has slightly improved over the UK 3D Edition(In 2D)..imo, Less grain.

The Dark Knight trilogy has it, amongst many many other blu rays I have... It's very handy to help you find a certain point! :thumbs:

This is one lovely steel and I also have the FNAC "tin box". Karl Urban was great in this movie as it is miiiiiiles better than the Sly one. I just loved the digital effects and the slooooooow motion effects. Highly recommended both the steel and movie.

Keep seeing so many nice signed etc Karl Urban things...I am envious!

btw. which version has the best picture quality ? this or the fnac release? are there any differences?

As far as my research has revealed, there's very little difference in PQ between the French MelalPak and the Japanese Steelbook.
They're both superior to the UK combo disc as regards contrast and colour saturation, though the 3D of the French disc offers little noticeable improvement over the UK disc.

The major difference comes with the audio, with the Japanese disc providing a meaty English: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 (96kHz, 24-bit) and the French English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1.

Hope this helps. :thumbs:

Arrived today. This is one utterly mediocre steelbook :-/ how can any1 say that this is high quality ffs... its bare steel for most of the artwork, colors are bad, etc.. pretty pissed ive spent 42€ for this :angry:

and its far worse than braveheart and any of the playcom releases.. i honestly cant see where this is even close to their quality ><

WP_20140224_003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: