Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: June 26, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon JP
HMV JP
CD Japan
Price: ¥3,669 (Amazon) - ¥3,997 (HMV) - ¥4,700 (CD)
Notes: No 3D disc included, matte finish, region FREE

71Fsa90DpLL._AA1165_.jpg

Actual pictures courtesy of pbtour4il:
dredd-jp-1.jpg

dredd-jp-2.jpg

dredd-jp-3.jpg

dredd-jp-4.jpg

dredd-jp-5.jpg

dredd-jp-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived today. This is one utterly mediocre steelbook :-/ how can any1 say that this is high quality ffs... its bare steel for most of the artwork, colors are bad, etc.. pretty pissed ive spent 42€ for this :angry:

I spent 60 euro's and not nearly as pissed as you are. There's two reasons why I bought this as opposed to the US 3d version.

Neo X
Region Free

I'm used to high quality stuff and this is far from a mediocre steelbook, in my opinion. But you are perfectly within your right to think this.

I spent 60 euro's and not nearly as pissed as you are. There's two reasons why I bought this as opposed to the US 3d version.

Neo X
Region Free

I'm used to high quality stuff and this is far from a mediocre steelbook, in my opinion. But you are perfectly within your right to think this.

That's the disc perhaps, which i don't really care about.

And seriously, if I'm perfetly honest i don't even think its mediocre.. it's plain bad.. the finish & colors are of the absolute worst kind I've ever seen

:rolleyes: after million questions regarding the steelbook itself and after ordering it, ive asked about the picture quality on a side note..

wtf is your problem anyways? the steelbook itself is poor, no matter the picture quality of the blu ray.. i couldve bought the french blu ray for 10€ if i were overly interested in that

Last edited:
:rolleyes: after million questions regarding the steelbook itself and after ordering it, ive asked about the picture quality on a side note..

wtf is your problem anyways? the steelbook itself is poor and vastly overpriced, no matter the picture quality of the blu ray.. i couldve bought the french blu ray for 10€ if i were overly interested in that

I have no problem whatsoever.. I have zero problems with the fact that you don't like the steelbook, of which I stated in the above posts.
You also read a couple of pages ago and acknowledged that the blu ray were in the same league as Braveheartgate

I don't get why this is loved either. The artwork is nice but the back seems a little blurred and the finish is dull matte. It wouldn't be bad if it only cost a tenner or so, but my copy cost around £40 including postage. I would be hoping for a much better Steelbook overall for that kind of money.

:hilarious: this has changed my mind again

arghhhh.. ill flip a coin this weekend

You were fully aware of the quality of said blu ray in a gut instinct and yet you pulled the trigger. You've only yourself to blame..you shouldn't rely on others holding your hand and babysitting you through the purchasing process.

I apologise if I come off as a complete cocky bastard, but your post really would of come across better if you didn't supply a rolleyes.gif along with a what the f**k is your problem.

Sell the dredd steely on ebay or trade with someone on here....or do you need help from another member to help you construct a post for you to do so?

Reactions: Lutzo
What? No, i haven't. I've asked whether its on par with braveheart play.com and relied on the opinion of members telling me its looking on par with it or that it generelly looks a lot better than on pics.. truth is its looking far worse in flesh than on pics as the streaky bare steel isnt visible in any of the picture (on mine neither so i guess its very difficult to capture it)

anyways, its my own fault for ignoring my gut feeling and I'm not angry at anyone..

however, you pointing out that I've once asked about the picture quality, after I've already ordered it and clearly stated what was important to me, just to prove that i was interested in the picture quality was totally unnecessary and almost trolling to me

Last edited:
I'm really surprised by your reaction to the steel hatredhorror!
My opinion was based on comparing with other steelbooks that I own and this is definitely one of my favourites when compared to around 50 of those.
In particular with something like the recent Zavvi Aliens steel, which I found very disappointing, with largely dull art as opposed to the vibrant colours of the Dredd steel.
Regarding play releases, the only thing I own to surpass it is the Forbidden Planet steelbook.

I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

Sorry you're not happy dude. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: hatredhorror
got this today from Ardu (thanks mate you :scat:) and must say IMO one of the best asian releases i own and it also looks very nice next to my fnac Tin box this beauty must be shown and not put on a shelf to gather dust . gloss would be nice but not a must have for this beauty. Defintly worth to be in every asian steelbook collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashisarobot

They were great! And I have a replacement on the way! Thanks for the link TJ!

Aw mate that's gutting! was it badly damaged, as I was thinking of placing an order for a friends birthday? :(

Actually the DHL guy drop it down the steps while coming up them by mistake! I was watching in agony as it tumbled and then it landed in the mud. The package was very secure, I think damage came from that, 'not' Amazon Jp! I've ordered plenty of times before and all my packages came OCD MINT! This was just a unfortunate accident. Amazon Japan has never let me down! :thumbs:

I too ordered mine from Amazon.jp, but mine arrived quickly and in flawless condition. Guess it's just luck of the draw.

This was my third one, I had on for trade, one unsealed, and this one was for me to keep sealed. This is by far one of the best steels and matte finishes ever created! :drool:

Last edited: