Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: June 26, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon JP
HMV JP
CD Japan
Price: ¥3,669 (Amazon) - ¥3,997 (HMV) - ¥4,700 (CD)
Notes: No 3D disc included, matte finish, region FREE

71Fsa90DpLL._AA1165_.jpg

Actual pictures courtesy of pbtour4il:
dredd-jp-1.jpg

dredd-jp-2.jpg

dredd-jp-3.jpg

dredd-jp-4.jpg

dredd-jp-5.jpg

dredd-jp-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why this is loved either. The artwork is nice but the back seems a little blurred and the finish is dull matte. It wouldn't be bad if it only cost a tenner or so, but my copy cost around £40 including postage. I would be hoping for a much better Steelbook overall for that kind of money.

I don't know, it's a vast improvement over the majority of Zavvi's releases, in my opinion.

And the Japanese angle makes it more collectable-at least for me anyway.

I don't know, it's a vast improvement over the majority of Zavvi's releases, in my opinion.

And the Japanese angle makes it more collectable-at least for me anyway.

Personally I don't think it is and Zavvi's releases don't cost half as much.

I have got mostly U.K steels Dredd BLOWS them all away. Same with the Pacific Rim I have just got.

I AM NOT looking at any more Japan steels as they are truly JAW DROPPING and I will be bankrupt :ohno:.

The clarity of the colours the smoke is like watching a garden fire as the depth intermingles and looks bellowing even though it is still.

Same with the Leather the creases are individual and defined same with the Lawgiver just unbelievable detail.

Finish wise Prometheus with the vibrancy and definition of Roger Rabbit.

It is a true class act I thought everyone else would vote for this in the first round of Steel Of The Year. So like others I left it and vote wise it did not get in the top 25 , LESSON LEARNT.

Even the DISK is superior with the transfair BOTH visual AND audio.

Reactions: PHD and Ashisarobot
The back really comes to life after glossing as the colors pop and you can see a bit more details that appears hazy with the original finish. The front doesn't benefit that much like the back though it looks better post glossing due to better colors and the guilty pleasure caused by the sheen.

Regarding posting the pics, I believe it is better than the personal attacks and the endless arguments that has led to locking of some of the threads.;)

Reactions: hatredhorror
Since the Dawn of time Japan steels have always been expensive! Never going to change....:hilarious:

I have this and love it especially with the Katakana on the spine making it a WEA...:drool:

If you buy asian steels you know they are going to be expensive and if you live in Japan it only costs the same as certain UK releases......£21.12 :cool:

Since the Dawn of time Japan steels have always been expensive! Never going to change....:hilarious:

I have this and love it especially with the Katakana on the spine making it a WEA...:drool:

If you buy asian steels you know they are going to be expensive and if you live in Japan it only costs the same as certain UK releases......£21.12 :cool:

Japan DVDs have always been a premium, not just steelies and BDs

I remember paying £250 for the Japanese limited edition Alien Anthology DVD set!!

Reactions: Ashisarobot
Thanks for the positive comments guys. Check out the photo I'm posting shortly of the signed FNAC Dredd tin.

If you go to a 'con' get a VIP ticket and prepare to have your wallet emptied.

I was a scifi/comic book convention virgin. Couldn't get a VIP ticket. On the saturday, spent 45 minutes standing in line in the cold for a wristband. an hour and a half after that to get in. an hour for a photo with Karl. an hour and a half for autographs from Karl, the same for Peter Weller, at $50 each. (Mind you, Chris Hemsworth in Sacramento is charging $150 for a photo and $199 for 'premium' items, so these guys seem like bargains!)

Karl is my 'man crush'. He knew it too, he signed my 10 x 8 photo 'Steve, lots of love, Karl'. What a guy.

But as this is a little off topic, take your Dredd Japan steelbooks to be signed by Karl and thank him for taking the time to be there so the fans can meet him. Not enough people put in appearances in my opinion and I respect those that do, even if you are on your feet all day paying for the opportunity.

Last edited: