snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
In your opinion yes, others can think what they want too.

Not intending to single you out but a few appear to express extremely strong opinions onto others over a title that is
meaningless.

a title that is meaningless? in your opinion yes, others can think what they want too. :) :D
btw. i don't think this will be "steelbook of the year" in the end, but a contender among the top 25 for sure!

Mine didn't arrive today :( but from the pictures this easily looks like one of the best this year so far. It's so funny reading all the comments about everyone's top 5 and the Asian steels thing that everyone sucks up to, getting a bit tired of that and people saying how amazing stuff Is before its out! Hilarious.
It's mainly the whole package with Asian steels but steelbook of the year is about the steelbook. Not the full slip or quarter slip or lenti or even the book and art cards. It's about the steel and this looks like a HUGE contender.
Can't wait for it

Mine didn't arrive today :( but from the pictures this easily looks like one of the best this year so far. It's so funny reading all the comments about everyone's top 5 and the Asian steels thing that everyone sucks up to, getting a bit tired of that and people saying how amazing stuff Is before its out! Hilarious.
It's mainly the whole package with Asian steels but steelbook of the year is about the steelbook. Not the full slip or quarter slip or lenti or even the book and art cards. It's about the steel and this looks like a HUGE contender.
Can't wait for it
Nail and head.

Some Asian steels are amazing Like I Saw The Devil and Blufans Iron Man but more often than not it's the slips people get excited over as the steel is not great. Blufans Marvel range has been hit and miss with only GOTG looking like it will live up to the hype.

I love Asian releases but only buy one version and only if it's a film I really love. The most important part of this hobby is the steelbook for me and this is easily a top 10 steel of all time, of a film that will still be being talked about in both philosophy and film school classes 20 years from now.

The overall package is utterly irrelevant when discussing contenders for steel of the year, only the steel matters. If people vote for slips they are doing a huge disservice to the designers who come up with ideas like this beautiful piece of art.

I've already had several people comment on mine this morning before even looking at anything else I own as it really stands out against most other steelbooks, and those looking weren't collectors, but high art purchasers.

steelbook of the year is about the steelbook. Not the full slip or quarter slip or lenti or even the book and art cards. It's about the steel and this looks like a HUGE contender.
Can't wait for it

i agree. we are steelbook collectors, not lenti, fullslip, art cards or keyring collectors. its the steelbook that matters. if we were judging steelbooks by the amount of 'goodies' that come along with them, plain archive, blufans, kimchi etc would win every year...

but in my opinion, steelbook of the year should go to the best steelbook. of course, if that steelbook was available as part of package including all the aforementioned 'bounty,' then fair enough, it deserves to win.

lets be honest, a lot of these packages contain a fairly average steel. for example, i have zero dark thirty with the green PET slip, and yes, amazing, note-worthy package, but the steel itself... not brilliant.

Ex machina steel just wins all by itself.

Nail and head.

Some Asian steels are amazing Like I Saw The Devil and Blufans Iron Man but more often than not it's the slips people get excited over as the steel is not great. Blufans Marvel range has been hit and miss with only GOTG looking like it will live up to the hype.

I love Asian releases but only buy one version and only if it's a film I really love. The most important part of this hobby is the steelbook for me and this is easily a top 10 steel of all time, of a film that will still be being talked about in both philosophy and film school classes 20 years from now.

The overall package is utterly irrelevant when discussing contenders for steel of the year, only the steel matters. If people vote for slips they are doing a huge disservice to the designers who come up with ideas like this beautiful piece of art.

I've already had several people comment on mine this morning before even looking at anything else I own as it really stands out against most other steelbooks, and those looking weren't collectors, but high art purchasers.

i agree. we are steelbook collectors, not lenti, fullslip, art cards or keyring collectors. its the steelbook that matters. if we were judging steelbooks by the amount of 'goodies' that come along with them, plain archive, blufans, kimchi etc would win every year...

but in my opinion, steelbook of the year should go to the best steelbook. of course, if that steelbook was available as part of package including all the aforementioned 'bounty,' then fair enough, it deserves to win.

lets be honest, a lot of these packages contain a fairly average steel. for example, i have zero dark thirty with the green PET slip, and yes, amazing, note-worthy package, but the steel itself... not brilliant.

Ex machina steel just wins all by itself.

Completely agree with you both and majority of asian steels are and look amazing but it is more about what else comes with it unless it's some rare amazing art. I only own a few myself and I've chose to buy the more rare films that don't get steelbook treatment and they are kimchi pianist (got it so cheap too that I bought the zavvi version cheap too and both still didn't come to the full price of te kimchi version), kimchi her, kimchi eternal sunshine and guardians nova (and that I agree I bought because it came with all the other stuff but the steelbook as everyone knows isn't great although a bit better than we all thought it would be). I will soon get Dallas buyers club and the only one I was annoyed I missed was memento. So you can see I've gone for films that are rare on the steelbook side and becasue I love the steelbook itself compared to the whole package. Otherwise I would of bought so many more.

Reactions: levi and psychoscot
I ordered two one was dispatched at 12.04 the other was dispatched at 14 .20 both Friday and I only received one so I guess zavvi cut off point is around 1

Mine was despatched at 11:53 (or this is the time the email was sent so assume despatch around a similar time), so if Zavvi send in batches I put the non-delivery firmly at the feet of the Royal Mail. Maybe there is no cut-off point...

Mine was despatched at 11:53 (or this is the time the email was sent so assume despatch around a similar time), so if Zavvi send in batches I put the non-delivery firmly at the feet of the Royal Mail. Maybe there is no cut-off point...
Don't know where you are, but Royal Mail has really sucked for me lately. Ordered something from Poland, arrived in London in 2 days. Took a further 5 to make the journey from London to Cheshire & be delivered.