snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived today! Fantastic steel. Mint condition! Stunning! I do think Whiplash will give it a run for its money tho.

Because BOTH steelbooks are relative to the theme of the film. Ex Machina has a embossed robot body and Whiplash has a cymbal. Both look great; I agree !!

I just logged in to Zavvi only to find out that it says "Awaiting Stock Pick" and dispatch due date was the 29th May. What does this mean ??? That they dont have it in stock !?

I just logged in to Zavvi only to find out that it says "Awaiting Stock Pick" and dispatch due date was the 29th May. What does this mean ??? That they dont have it in stock !?
I think it means your buggered, by buggered, I mean zavvi have shafted you by the sounds of it, if you didn;t get it shipped on Friday, it should have gone out today...

Contact them ASAP..

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
No sorry, but I have to agree with the above its the steelbook that matters to me, that's what I collect. Slips etc while nice are just add ons, I rarely double dip and don't need every version of a slip because the most important aspect is the steelbook.

This is easily in the running for steelbook of the year, and wipes the floor with those you listed if comparing only the steelbook.

I wouldn't say it wipes the floor with Gladiator. The Gladiator steel is comparable.

i agree. we are steelbook collectors, not lenti, fullslip, art cards or keyring collectors. its the steelbook that matters. if we were judging steelbooks by the amount of 'goodies' that come along with them, plain archive, blufans, kimchi etc would win every year...

but in my opinion, steelbook of the year should go to the best steelbook. of course, if that steelbook was available as part of package including all the aforementioned 'bounty,' then fair enough, it deserves to win.

lets be honest, a lot of these packages contain a fairly average steel. for example, i have zero dark thirty with the green PET slip, and yes, amazing, note-worthy package, but the steel itself... not brilliant.

Ex machina steel just wins all by itself.

I agree in some cases however Plain Archive steels are not fairly average. The Zero Dark Thirty and The Master steels are works of art. A steelbook doesn't need embossing or shiny bits to be beautiful. Ex Machina is a work of art as well. I just don't get all this Asian bashing now that pics of this have come out - can't we love all of them?

NO, I collect steelbooks only and could care less about a slip or any paper that ends up in my trash anyways. Its a PIECE of Cardboard, why not just stop collecting steels and go for what you really want. amarays with slips.

I assume you mean you couldn't care less. You seem to be forgetting that a lot of people are slipcover collectors as well as steel collectors. I love slips and steels, and steels with slips are the best of both worlds.

If you go the ebay route for a "mint copy", you'll have to buy an opened steel, you can't guarantee a sealed one will not have hidden imperfections....
I appreciate what you're saying but that's the same whoever you buy from under the j card/slip no one knows until it's opened but a spine slash is damage you can see even if you don't open your steels and this just spoils a stunning steelbook. I have a couple of friends/sellers that i buy from regularly who check for damage /spine slashes etc. and use bomb proof packaging.
Already got one from a seller i know being shipped tomorrow so Zavvi can have theirs back with pleasure.

This is easily in the top 10 all time best steelbooks ever made.

HIGHLY doubt that...

Omg!!!!

What have I done, not picking this up! Looks absolutely stunning!
I'm dying to see the film as well. Can't believe I didn't bought this when it was back in stock a few days ago. Jesus!

my sentiments exactly...at least I'm not alone lol

Why is the German release so delayed? It is showing December on Amazon.de

It's a placeholder because the release date has yet to be officially confirmed. Other sites are stating an August release date for the German Steelbook.

Also, the German release is not an Amazon exclusive. Although not currently available to order from amazon.de, it should also be available from other retailers.

Reactions: BaleHardy
Got this this morning. A lovely steelbook yes, but by no means a contender for steelbook of the year. It's no nicer than the Desperado steelbook I received from Zavvi last week! All credit to Universal for this steelbook though - don't know why people give Zavvi any credit as they're just the retailer after all!?

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Got this this morning. A lovely steelbook yes, but by no means a contender for steelbook of the year. It's no nicer than the Desperado steelbook I received from Zavvi last week! All credit to Universal for this steelbook though - don't know why people give Zavvi any credit as they're just the retailer after all!?

I'd love to see you try to say that and keep a straight face.

100% Universal has the credit for this...NOT Zavvi...The Spine Cut is also NOT Zavvi as it under the wrap.

You are blinded by the PA army. We all know you love slips. Well this one doesnt need one to show its beauty. Heck I havent seen one PA steelbook that would even crack the top 100 if judged by steelbook alone.

You make a good general point about PA, but it follows for how Asian Steels in general are largely perceived as the best because they have a whole plethora of extras.
I was saying earlier, for instance, how for sheer artwork and finish, the Italian Snowpiercer was the best of the lot - but the fanboys would shoot that down in flames in favourof the all bells and whistles Kimchi -which as Steel just doesn't stand comparison in real terms.

Just my three ha'peth, I'll shut up now :)