zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Release Date: 21st October 2013
Price: {param} £9.99 on play.com
Order: HERE- they only deliver within the UK.

For members outside of the UK, order here on their ebay account -http://www.ebay.com/itm/151151401048

If you live outside the UK, all is not lost! Order via a Group Buy:
Group Buy: Click HERE (ES only deliver WITHIN THE UK)

Other Info:
4K Qty
Region Free
View attachment 46208

Matte finish with spot gloss on robot, woman and title. Embossed robot and woman. Back card to keep images visible.

FP_3D.jpg

FP.jpg

More pics

FP_back.jpg

FP_inside.jpg

I got the below email from Entertainment Store last night after enquiring about what they had lined up and it seems to be a clue pointing towards a forthcoming release. Really cool way of dropping details about their releases and hopefully this one comes out next!!

Fingers crossed! I assume it's Forbidden Planet from that pic. If anyone has any other guesses then shout

Hi,

There are some fine, exclusive Super SteelBooks available to Pre-order at The Entertainment Store very soon. Can you guess which classic movie this is?

ES Email.jpg

Visit The Entertainment Store today, and check out our brilliant range of rare and exclusive DVDs and Blu Rays, in addition to a range of over 6,000 titles, with prices to suit every pocket.

Don’t forget all of our Product is shipped directly from the official studios so we guarantee what you see, is what you get!

Regards,

I had another email too but not sure yet what the title is from the clue. Will post it in the ES thread in a minute ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I got the tin, I'm still pretty tempted for this one. I would probably get this one if it was Amazon or Zavvi rather than ES.

Reminder set for noon tomorrow.

There are OLD films, and then there are CLASSIC films. This is definitely in the latter category for me.

I do believe I'm allowed to voice an opinion that's what this is for its not a fan forum also I'm not a film student I did not rate the importance of this movie nor do I care.
if you don't like it don't buy it seems to be a popular expression when something is said that another does not agree with. @thefly
this is a free forum were opinions are welcome good and bad and my opinion is flogging a dead horse comes to mind.
I'm 34 and I can say I've not seen this film nor would I waste my time doing so i'm sure it's good and it was important filmmaking etc. etc but it's not my thing and should'nt be given a steelbook esp given all the other films that have yet to be given steelbook treatment to use this one is wrong imo and even more so that it just had a tin release for hd-dvd.

That makes for hilarious reading. Maybe retailers should seek your approval from now on Steelbook God :hilarious:

At the end of the day: if you don't like it, then don't buy it! I'm not sure how a film you don't like getting a Steelbook affects you in any way really. Most folk just choose to ignore the ones they don't like, they don't try and deny those who do like it the chance to buy it.

I do believe I'm allowed to voice an opinion that's what this is for its not a fan forum also I'm not a film student I did not rate the importance of this movie nor do I care.
if you don't like it don't buy it seems to be a popular expression when something is said that another does not agree with. @thefly
this is a free forum were opinions are welcome good and bad and my opinion is flogging a dead horse comes to mind.
I'm 34 and I can say I've not seen this film nor would I waste my time doing so i'm sure it's good and it was important filmmaking etc. etc but it's not my thing and should'nt be given a steelbook esp given all the other films that have yet to be given steelbook treatment to use this one is wrong imo and even more so that it just had a tin release for hd-dvd.

So you want a forum where you can express your opinion, but no one is allowed to challenge it, and discussion is strictly forbidden?

So basically you just want to troll.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Yep that's a pass for me and so the run of great steels from ES has ended rehashes of tired ancient movies what a waste I have every title upto this point looks like imo ES are turning into the likes of zavvi old titles large runs high cost I guess I should have saw that coming 500- 1K- 2K- 4K- 5K With WWz.

Sorry guys i'm just very disappointed I though Es would be the place in the Uk were we could get ltd number rare steelbooks with exclusive art.
We never got the exclusive art but they did start well with the ltd numbers with jack reacher and H&G.

O'well to Asia then.

Revolver, seems you've managed to cause quite a stir in this thread! :p I'm not looking to shoot you down with this response, just putting my view across about the above comments.

I can see where you are coming from, but have to disagree with what is becoming a more common attitude to complain about stuff which is out of most retailers hands.

People were happy when they had a 500 run of a huge global print run with same artwork (JR), and you were happy with 1k run on H&G when the scenario is the same. And so on... I also like that these are limited exclusives regardless of the non-exclusive artwork.

The last 3 announcements however have been for WWZ, with what looks like WEA and is limited to a laser etched 5k run (pretty unique if you ask me), and NBK & FP which are limited to 4k (the smallest print run Scanavo allows (with a couple of exceptions which no-one can explain)) and haven't been released on Steelbook before so are, by default, WEA too. They are also world exclusives on the titles as far as I can tell, so another tick in the box for me.

If ES had runs under 4k then the rest would turn up somewhere else and the WEA element would be lost, and no doubt people would then complain about that too.

The way I see it is that if you want WEA then you generally have to accept 4k print run. If you want a lower print run then you have to accept that the artwork or the title will most likely not be exclusive. Retailers can’t please everyone all of the time but in my opinion ES are doing a decent job of pleasing the majority of collectors most of the time.

Personally I hope they continue doing what they are doing.

** WEA = Worldwide Exclusive Artwork ;)

Fair enough but none of the new titles so far are WEA and the old well are old and released so many times.

The fact there is a stir well I don't care my opinion was that this title should not have been given a steel that's all out of all the movies to choose from this and nbk have been done time and time again.

As for WWZ yes i'm glad about the etching but it's not that big a deal but I really do hope it's WEA to justify the 5k run but as I've said none of there releases thus far have been including both versions of star trek.

All I want is WEA if the min run is 4k then fine but so far were no getting it.

:hilarious: Good thing retailers don't listen to you. Also, if you are free to voice your opinion, others are also free to voice theirs. And if they think your opinion sucks then they are allowed to say that too.

:hilarious: Good thing retailers don't listen to you. Also, if you are free to voice your opinion, others are also free to voice theirs. And if they think your opinion sucks then they are allowed to say that too.

It's not even that I think his opinion sucks (no need to get personal here). I just think it's a waste of time complaining that a film you have no interest in is getting SteelBook treatment. Save your passion (and your cash) for a film you do like. Vote with your wallet.

Entertainment Store said in the interview posted a few days ago that this film was one of their pet projects. They've done this out of their love for the film. With that in mind, complaining seems like an even bigger waste of effort.

If someone thinks that the films they like are being denied the SteelBook love, then they can always start a new thread in the SteelBook Feedback sub-forum. As I did for this film, coincidentally enough.

Time to get back on topic, I think. :)

Yep that's a pass for me and so the run of great steels from ES has ended rehashes of tired ancient movies what a waste I have every title upto this point looks like imo ES are turning into the likes of zavvi old titles large runs high cost I guess I should have saw that coming 500- 1K- 2K- 4K- 5K With WWz.

Sorry guys i'm just very disappointed I though Es would be the place in the Uk were we could get ltd number rare steelbooks with exclusive art.
We never got the exclusive art but they did start well with the ltd numbers with jack reacher and H&G.

O'well to Asia then.

One good thing about capitalism, if you don't cater to your customers, you'll lose money. Apparently, businesses don't feel like investing in low number runs and want larger profit margins and aren't concerned about disappointing you.

BluFans has found a niche. The only problem I have with them is quality control issues. We all know what would make the perfect combination, but rarely does a retailer release a great quality, full featured, low production release, with exclusive artwork that doesn't make you gag.

There is always room for a boutique blu-ray steelbook label.

Time will tell if this or World War Z goes OOS. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Fair enough but none of the new titles so far are WEA and the old well are old and released so many times.

The fact there is a stir well I don't care my opinion was that this title should not have been given a steel that's all out of all the movies to choose from this and nbk have been done time and time again.

As for WWZ yes i'm glad about the etching but it's not that big a deal but I really do hope it's WEA to justify the 5k run but as I've said none of there releases thus far have been including both versions of star trek.

All I want is WEA if the min run is 4k then fine but so far were no getting it.

I think Scanavo is a big reason most of the big box office films have the same art. They may also be a factor in requiring larger runs?