Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
Release date: 23rd Feb 2015
Price: £14.99 (in store only)
Notes:

1.jpg

fury.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the picture is not representative because it is really ugly and I'm in the GB. :(
????? The pic is of the actual Steelbook you'll be receiving. So yes, I'd say it's representative?????

If I'm honest, I'm not blown away by any of the Steelbook designs for this movie. I was hoping for something special from this HMV release. But I'll hold my final judgement until I see proper pics of it. Maybe it will look nicer in the flesh......

????? The pic is of the actual Steelbook you'll be receiving. So yes, I'd say it's representative?????

If I'm honest, I'm not blown away by any of the Steelbook designs for this movie. I was hoping for something special from this HMV release. But I'll hold my final judgement until I see proper pics of it. Maybe it will look nicer in the flesh......
When I say "really ugly" I mean the finish seems poor. I also hope it looks better in hand.

Must admit, I've warmed to this artwork over time. Still have the French steel ordered but will pick this up as well to go with it. :cigar:

My issue is that the spine does not match either the front or the back. If it had been one or the other that would have been fine. Or maybe just black with yellow text, however the spine looks like the spine from the WWA release plastered on this release, FrankenFury.

I feel like the only person who didn't like this movie, found it really dull and long winded! UK seems to have the short straw on artwork too... I can help with the GB though if needs be, I work by a big HMV that always has tonnes of steels in stock

Reactions: satanclaus
I feel like the only person who didn't like this movie, found it really dull and long winded! UK seems to have the short straw on artwork too... I can help with the GB though if needs be, I work by a big HMV that always has tonnes of steels in stock

To each his own. I thought Fury was one of the better contemporary war thrillers. Certainly better than stinkers like THE GREAT RAID and VALKYRIE.

Reactions: tokaman
My issue is that the spine does not match either the front or the back. If it had been one or the other that would have been fine. Or maybe just black with yellow text, however the spine looks like the spine from the WWA release plastered on this release, FrankenFury.
I think the spine is the same finish as the rest of the steelbook. It's only the flash in that pic making it look a little off.

The artwork still hasn't grown on me. I'll keep my French order and check this out in store next week to see if I do like it

I think the Japanese exclusive is the best (but way too costly), followed by the Target and other similar releases, with the HMV trailing....it does seem like they just put a different front portion to the WWA steelbook....the embossing will be nice if it is there, but the picture on the last page doesn't seem to show it....

I also tend to agree with Brad on the movie....I liked it, but didn't think it was great....some good performances though from Pitt and Shia...

the spine looks like the spine from the WWA release plastered on this release
At first glance I thought the same thing, and it may just be HMV's crappy picture, but if you look at the WWA spine, the dark cloudy texture runs all the way to the top, whereas this one seems to stop near the middle.

IMG_2440_zps30wfbvkr.jpg

10984035_10155197731095640_7921264946163778721_n-jpg.136376

Probably just glare, but curious nonetheless. The title is still misaligned, so that much is the same anyway. :p