Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive No. 15) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 29, 2017
Purchase links: Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - (Pre-order starts August 11 at 10 PM until August 25 10 PM Korea time) - All editions currently OOS
Price: $47 (Individual editions) - $155 (Boxset)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B
Notes: "Our pre-order will start from August 11 until August 25 and we will make same number of products as our orders. We are testing a different style of pre-order and Pre-order can end early."
Total print run = 4000
Box set gift: original production notes 52p
36 pages photo book
8x character card
6x post card

GOTG-01.jpgGOTG-02.jpgGOTG-03.jpgGOTG-04.jpg
20622312_1022442121192893_3036679281210987160_n.jpg

Last edited:
So Nova are allocating more stocks to GBs and resellers than their online store when it is stable and secure? I wish they abolish this practice and direct consumers to buy from their store and then they can allocate the leftovers to GB to deplete.
Totally agree. Been saying that for years.

GB'S should only be for companies that don't ship to other countries.....

Totally agree and said it for a while now, the allocation to GBs should be a tiny amount. Rest goes up on the store

Store/ direct orders should get higher priority

Reactions: lgans316
Totally agree. Been saying that for years.

GB'S should only be for companies that don't ship to other countries.....

I love it when people deduce that GB's got a lot of stock which is why its sold out? There was no GB for Korea and stock was allocated 100% (Split from total available worldwide) and its sold out.

Maybe Demand > Supply?

Totally agree and said it for a while now, the allocation to GBs should be a tiny amount. Rest goes up on the store

Store/ direct orders should get higher priority

+1.

1. Pre-order starts at online store (with a limit of 1 per edition per customer).
2. Retailer waits for 1-2 weeks and checks the stock levels.
3. Stop pre-order at online store.
4. Allocate the remaining stocks to GBs.

Fair play to everyone. Mainly this deters consumers from scalping.

Seems like conflicting statements in their message. Could just be a bad translation, but they say that demand for this was lower than expected; however, the general tone of the message seems to be that they're apologetic that customers weren't able to secure the copy they'd wanted.

And it seemed like the point of this new preorder system was to allocate the copies according to the demand for each particular slip, but now the one-clicks are 'sold out' domestically? How can they be sold out if they are planning to issue as many as are preordered?

Hopefully everything shakes out for Nova and anyone still looking to grab this release. I'm guessing they'll clarify the issue(s) once the dust settles on this preorder.

+1.

1. Pre-order starts at online store (with a limit of 1 per edition per customer).
2. Retailer waits for 1-2 weeks and checks the stock levels.
3. Stop pre-order at online store.
4. Allocate the remaining stocks to GBs.

Fair play to everyone.

I don't mind the GBs going live first and like many say its security. I like to think that most who use GBs do it because they can't make pre order due to work, a social event, holiday etc but you know that's not true and most the time people panic and also can't be bothered to order direct and also to order in a GB and then on live date to scalp but it should be a small number allocated to them from the retailer and that's it.

The John wick 2 GBs were ridiculous and not just this GB (although I'm sure HDNs had the most) and then it's stayed in stock for ages anyway lol. You'd think people would learn not to use a GB unless it was one of the reasons I mentioned like holiday etc

Just allow a small percentage to GBs a few weeks before pre order or a week and then 90% live on the store on pre order

no!
many of us arent online during the pre-order, because we are at work, etc., so GB is our only option.

Not always though mate. Retailers have different times. In the Uk kimchi is 6am, nova 2pm etc etc

You may be busy at certain live dates but I see you on here enough to not miss some retailers pre orders

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Seems like conflicting statements in their message. Could just be a bad translation, but they say that demand for this was lower than expected; however, the general tone of the message seems to be that they're apologetic that customers weren't able to secure the copy they'd wanted.

And it seemed like the point of this new preorder system was to allocate the copies according to the demand for each particular slip, but now the one-clicks are 'sold out' domestically? How can they be sold out if they are planning to issue as many as are preordered?

Hopefully everything shakes out for Nova and anyone still looking to grab this release. I'm guessing they'll clarify the issue(s) once the dust settles on this preorder.

Yes the translation provided by Facebook is not the best. What they are saying is they anticipated amount reserved for domestic orders (for boxsets only) was enough. The demand exceeded the supply; It was close to 50% of total boxsets available and it sold out.

They are saying for next release they might release box quantity and provide a bigger allocation to both domestic and international customers.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Not always though mate. Retailers have different times. In the Uk kimchi is 6am, nova 2pm etc etc

You may be busy at certain live dates but I see you on here enough to not miss some retailers pre orders
6am UK = 7am DE ...at the time I'm driving to work. I have no car time at the moment, so even 3pm DE is too early

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
Yes the translation provided by Facebook is not the best. What they are saying is they anticipated amount reserved for domestic orders (for boxsets only) was enough. The demand exceeded the supply; It was close to 50% of total boxsets available and it sold out.

They are saying for next release they might release box quantity and provide a bigger allocation to both domestic and international customers.

How many Boxsets were available?