Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive No. 15) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 29, 2017
Purchase links: Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - (Pre-order starts August 11 at 10 PM until August 25 10 PM Korea time) - All editions currently OOS
Price: $47 (Individual editions) - $155 (Boxset)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B
Notes: "Our pre-order will start from August 11 until August 25 and we will make same number of products as our orders. We are testing a different style of pre-order and Pre-order can end early."
Total print run = 4000
Box set gift: original production notes 52p
36 pages photo book
8x character card
6x post card

GOTG-01.jpgGOTG-02.jpgGOTG-03.jpgGOTG-04.jpg
20622312_1022442121192893_3036679281210987160_n.jpg

Last edited:
People complaining 1 per month. Funny I don't see anyone complain about FAC doing 3-4 per month.

You must not be reading their threads then because I and loads of others complain about it alll the time and it makes me hate them more lol

They are the kings of premium over saturation and it's not good. It seems to be affecting them too IMO because I see more people complaining about them

I could be wrong, but I took the new preorder system as a means to determine how many of each edition will be made. They seem set on the 4K steelbook run. So during the preorder period, they'll determine how many of those 4000 steels get allocated to the OC, lenti, full slips, etc. based on how many orders they get for each.

If anything is left over, I expect they'll either do a run of 1/4 slips and/or spread the remaining steels out proportionally amongst the other slips. Something could certainly be lost in translation, but that was my take on it. :writing:

Reactions: Flloydo
I could be wrong, but I took the new preorder system as a means to determine how many of each edition will be made. They seem set on the 4K steelbook run. So during the preorder period, they'll determine how many of those 4000 steels get allocated to the OC, lenti, full slips, etc. based on how many orders they get for each.

If anything is left over, I expect they'll either do a run of 1/4 slips and/or spread the remaining steels out proportionally amongst the other slips. Something could certainly be lost in translation, but that was my take on it. :writing:

That's the impression I got and after it was mentioned to me in here yesterday too but was still hoping for clearer information from the horses mouth

@misformatt and I'm guessing the part where they say they can stop pre order early is if they over sell or get close to selling all 4K print run

Reactions: sis3
That'd be my guess, too. Sounds like you've worn out your welcome with Nova support, though, so a guess it will remain. :rofl:

Lol true,
Makes me laugh, if I praise them for a release like kill bill then they are quick to reply with a "thank you we try out best to please and we hope to see you next time"

W*nkers lol

Mind you manta are the only ones I know of that take both positive and negative on board and ask why if your not happy with a certain choices or elements etc

You must not be reading their threads then because I and loads of others complain about it alll the time and it makes me hate them more lol

They are the kings of premium over saturation and it's not good. It seems to be affecting them too IMO because I see more people complaining about them

I had to stop reading those threads as it is nothing more than a pump fest from one person.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
I had to stop reading those threads as it is nothing more than a pump fest from one person.

That's why you missed the complaining then

Who's pump festing? (By the way I don't know what that means, does it mean constant praise? Because if it does I can think of one who pump fests them far tooooooo much it's cringey)

That's why you missed the complaining then

Who's pump festing? (By the way I don't know what that means, does it mean constant praise? Because if it does I can think of one who pump fests them far tooooooo much it's cringey)
yes basically that is the general meaning.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Somekind of apology has been issued by Nova this morning, christ knows what it is though as the Facebook translation sucks :/

I was thinking when I first read it I missed out on the release going live on the site, when I realised this wasn't the case I couldn't make heads or tails of this message.

Correct translation as per google

Good morning.
Nova Media.
NOVA EXCLUSIVE # 15 <GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol.1> We will inform you about 2D + 3D pre-order.
First of all, I apologize to those who have failed the pre-order. This is the old title for the Guardians of the Galaxy, and many versions have already been released, including the still-used Steel Book, and the demand is lower than expected. It is difficult to digest 4,000 sheets because the minimum number of steel sheets is 4,000. I did not distribute the quantity of each type, so I tried to proceed without any problems for customers. In addition, as you already know, both overseas and domestic sales,

Even though I had more gold, I had an early exhaustion. It is our fault that we can not predict the demand precisely, and it is also our fault that the meaning of the term limited preorder has also faded. I would rather have disappointed customers if it was the old way, but I have disappointed many people with our misjudgment. I bow my head again and say sorry. In the future, we will strive to be a manufacturer that does not disappoint our customers. Thank you. Nova Media Dream