HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on when the website will be back up and running to order things? my HMV is so far away now just to 'pop in'.

It's a shame they are not re opening the ones they closed in England too, the space is still empty where I am with logos and everything still up, open again!!

It's a shame they are not re opening the ones they closed in England too, the space is still empty where I am with logos and everything still up, open again!!

Agreed, The main store I used closed as it was on a retail park and the rent was high, so it closed in favour of the branch in the grotty shopping centre (closer but not a patch on the one at the retail park) The mad thing is that the high rent caused the closure of the shop...but whats there now? nothing...its just another empty shop, if the landlords has just reduced the rent (even temporary) they would have had a business in there and rent...now its an empty shop costing them money....:dunno:

Agreed, The main store I used closed as it was on a retail park and the rent was high, so it closed in favour of the branch in the grotty shopping centre (closer but not a patch on the one at the retail park) The mad thing is that the high rent caused the closure of the shop...but whats there now? nothing...its just another empty shop, if the landlords has just reduced the rent (even temporary) they would have had a business in there and rent...now its an empty shop costing them money....:dunno:

The same thing happened when Woolworths closed - the shops were empty for 2 years in some cases! Surely as a landlord you'd rather get income for renting the shop than nothing...

Quite shocked to find out that HMV's flagship store on Oxford Street will be turning into a Sports Direct!

HMV are moving to a smaller space - 363 Oxford Street (which was HMV's original store)- which is currently a Foot Locker and about a 3rd of the size of their current store.

Reactions: lgans316
That footlocker is tiny!

That's a real shame. I always enjoyed going there after work and rummaging for bargains. Will try and go tomorrow night as well :)

Quite shocked to find out that HMV's flagship store on Oxford Street will be turning into a Sports Direct!

HMV are moving to a smaller space - 363 Oxford Street (which was HMV's original store)- which is currently a Foot Locker and about a 3rd of the size of their current store.

This very sad news. I always liked to go physically to a store and see with my own eyes what I was going to buy. In Internet u have to base your decision in somebody else's review/opinion.

Disappointing, due to the size and location this HMV was probably my favourite. Especially with it only being a few minutes walk around the corner from my Uni.

Has anybody heard anything about being able to order from there website in the near future

September this year...Read that somewhere :thumbs:

Disappointing, due to the size and location this HMV was probably my favourite. Especially with it only being a few minutes walk around the corner from my Uni.

Yeah, shame...Interesting to see what's going to happen with the Bluray section...

going to be travelling to the UK this week and will likely try to swing into an HMV while I am there to check out their steelbook selection. Seems like from posts here they generally have decent stock, but was curious how much this varies by store? Any feedback from UK members?

Nothing in particular I am looking for as I am just browsing, but may pick up some older titles if they have them as I can save on shipping costs by bringing them back with me

going to be travelling to the UK this week and will likely try to swing into an HMV while I am there to check out their steelbook selection. Seems like from posts here they generally have decent stock, but was curious how much this varies by store? Any feedback from UK members?

Nothing in particular I am looking for as I am just browsing, but may pick up some older titles if they have them as I can save on shipping costs by bringing them back with me

Definitely hit or miss depending on where you go but you should find a few general releases, just nothing too special and as mentioned, a bit pricey compared to other places.

Reactions: bigdaygt