HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
going to be travelling to the UK this week and will likely try to swing into an HMV while I am there to check out their steelbook selection. Seems like from posts here they generally have decent stock, but was curious how much this varies by store? Any feedback from UK members?

Nothing in particular I am looking for as I am just browsing, but may pick up some older titles if they have them as I can save on shipping costs by bringing them back with me

There isn't a Steelbook section in HMV, they are dotted here and there except for a release Monday...Don't get your hopes up too high otherwise you'll be underwhelmed EEK!

thanks for the added feedback, guess I'll have to take quick pass back at the lists of what's generally been available from HMV before I browse around with tempered expectations and make sure I watch the prices...

Thanks again for the comments all was able to pick up the Life of Pi 3D lenticular , HMV Hunger Games exclusive, and the new Die Hard HMV exclusive to add to the collection. Not the greatest prices as everyone mentioned, but not outrageous and its nice to be able to pick up my own copy, see the condition, etc.. And honestly just couldn't leave without a few :D

For members living in Ireland (Maybe the thread title should include Ireland along with the UK??)

http://www.joe.ie/news/current-affairs/hmv-henry-street-to-repoen-this-week-with-special-concert-from-the-strypes/

I followed HMV Ireland on Facebook and asked them if they would be selling HMV exclusive steelbooks to which they replied yes :scat: I'm so glad they're back. No group buy for The Wolverine for me. Irish collectors will once again be able to walk into stores and purchase steelbooks, while of course examining the box in an ocd fashion for dents.

I followed HMV Ireland on Facebook and asked them if they would be selling HMV exclusive steelbooks to which they replied yes :scat: I'm so glad they're back. No group buy for The Wolverine for me. Irish collectors will once again be able to walk into stores and purchase steelbooks, while of course examining the box in an ocd fashion for dents.

Yes. And the best thing is we get them on a Friday before anywhere else!! :oohyeah:

HMV Stores Nationwide

As part of the plan to return HMV to Ireland, Hilco is opening four standalone HMV stores.

The first three stores at Henry Street and Liffey Valley SC in Dublin and at the Crescent SC in Limerick will open their doors next week, while the store in the Dundrum Centre in Dublin will open week ending September 14th.

In addition it is planned to integrate the HMV brand into 26 Xtra-vision stores nationwide by the end of September,:scat: bringing together two of the leading Entertainment retail brands in Ireland, and introducing HMV to areas of the country that had never previously been able to enjoy the HMV experience.

Gerry Butler, CEO of Xtra-vision and HMV Ireland said: “This roll out ensures that customers have access to a huge range of exciting movies, games, music and a range of other must-have entertainment products, coupled with Xtra-vision continuing to deliver and expand the movie and game rental proposition. It’s really the best of both worlds for customers.“

Larry Howard, CEO of Hilco Capital Ireland said: “We have now reached agreement with a number of landlords and will therefore be dual branding some of our stores with Xtra-vision and HMV. Negotiations with other landlords are on-going and we hope to make further announcements in the coming weeks if negotiations come to a satisfactory conclusion. The stores that are to be dual branded are: Artane Castle Dublin, Ashleaf SC Dublin, Athlone, Ballina, Blackpool, Douglas, Carlow, Drogheda, Dundalk, Ennis, Galway, Navan, Nenagh, Thurles SC, Tullamore, Sligo and Omagh in Northern Ireland.”

This I like will it mean HMV exclusives been available in Xtra-vision shops and what about online orders

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
That's awesome news. I knew something was happening with my local Xtra-Vision stores because they've recently stripped them bare and are 'awaiting new stock' as one of the girls told me. They will be concentrating more on retail now then rental.

It means now we will be able to walk into an Xtra-Vision store and preorder a HMV exclusive Steelbook :scat: