Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: June 9th 2015
Purchase: BestBuy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18

Notes: This one is a huge deal! Something that hasn't been done in North America in many years. (fox studio in steelbook for NA)

kings.jpg

From 3D display:
01.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@zerox39

Does this steel contains the Unedited version ?

1)The AnalJoke/Princess
2) The Full Church Fight Scene

@Drum18 @Philacup @rj531 @AlienKing will you guys be watching this version of the steelbook ? if so can you tell me after you watched it if it contains the 2 items in the spoiler(look after the movie) meaning if unedited (very shortly edited but missing great part of the 50 second that is missing so far confirmed in the UK version but if the CAD version has the full Uncut version with the items in the spoiler ?

@zerox39

1)The AnalJoke/Princess

@Drum18 @Philacup @rj531 @AlienKing will you guys be watching this version of the steelbook ? if so can you tell me after you watched it if it contains the 2 items in the spoiler(look after the movie) meaning if unedited (very shortly edited but missing great part of the 50 second that is missing so far confirmed in the UK version but if the CAD version has the full Uncut version with the items in the spoiler ?
This is from an interview with Matthew Vaughn 1/27/15 on Den of Geek about The Kingsman:

I should ask you just to clarify the certification of the film in the UK...

I haven't changed a f***ing frame!

Absolutely nothing? The BBFC posted that "certain changes were made prior to submission" to get a 15 certificate in the UK?

Nothing. You've seen it!

I didn't see evidence of anything being cut out! I half expected an 18 certificate, but I don't fully know hw the BBFC works.

They're pretty intelligent people, the BBFC. And I think they get it right most of the time. They watched it, and I sat down with them. The violence is fun. You don't see people grimacing. They're laughing with it. It's like Tom & Jerry. It's over the top and colourful and playful.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
This is from an interview with Matthew Vaughn 1/27/15 on Den of Geek about The Kingsman:

I should ask you just to clarify the certification of the film in the UK...

I haven't changed a f***ing frame!

Absolutely nothing? The BBFC posted that "certain changes were made prior to submission" to get a 15 certificate in the UK?

Nothing. You've seen it!

I didn't see evidence of anything being cut out! I half expected an 18 certificate, but I don't fully know hw the BBFC works.

They're pretty intelligent people, the BBFC. And I think they get it right most of the time. They watched it, and I sat down with them. The violence is fun. You don't see people grimacing. They're laughing with it. It's like Tom & Jerry. It's over the top and colourful and playful.

well right now people are complaining that the downloaded versions do not have the
Church scene or the Anal Joke

I am trying to find one uncut and look and read comments it's been over 1 week and its the same feedback on every copy I look at;

People that have watched it, after give their comment when it is a sensitive issue, so people are not all stupid, it does n't take a scientist to know that those 2 famous part are in it or not...

but all comments I read they all say joke edited out, church scene not in it

Last edited:
@C.C. 95 @Philacup

Kingsman - The Secret Service Uncut Elsewhere?

Considerable Runtime Differences Suggest Hope

We already reported in December 2014 that the action film Kingsman - The Secret Service by Kick Ass director Matthew Vaughn was censored in the UK in order to avoid the "18" rating. However, the runtimes of the BBFC 15 version and the German FSK 16 version show a noteworthy difference as the film runs longer in Germany.

The British cut of the movie clocks in at 128:34 minutes while the German release has a duration of 129:25 minutes. The difference of 51 seconds is quite large and isn't due to rounding up. Also, logos can most likely be ignored since the film's sole distributor is 20th Century Fox. Therefore, it's quite possible that the film's UK pre-cuts won't affect other markets.

I am not dreaming this... just trying to find an unedited copy since I keep hearing people being disappointed that the version they saw didn't have the 2 scenes in it...so reason why I asked if someone can kindly give feedback once they watch the BB canada version as if not I am not watching this movie, if I have to wait another month until people say this ''X'' version has those 2 scenes then I'll pick up that copy,

I am just trying to reach out for help and not to have being shown an article right ''in your face'' that states that I am making this up.

@Actarus Yeah I watched the digital version not to long ago and it contained both of those scenes. If they got rid of those It wouldn't feel like the movie I saw in theatres as those were the most memorable scenes in my opinion.

I think the North American versions will not be cut as they usually never do, but straight from what we saw in the theaters.

My digital version is 2hrs9min25secs same as German version. The theater version is the same as that. :)

@Philacup this is the help I wanted, thanks... reason why I am very sceptical of copies out there right now is that it is the edited version and I was told to watch the uncut version if not it won't feel the same.

So this was my question/Help, the BB Canadian steelbook if it has the full 2hrs9min25sec

because when they write the run time usually they round it up, and write approx 107 min for exemple... so if I get my copy and says approximate 2h9m...how am I suppose to judge if it is 25 sec less or 25 sec more ? without opening it to find out... as if not I would not keep it.

I was just asking that favor from the 4 that I tagged including you so when you guys have the steel in hands can verify and let me know, just asking for help that is it.

Reactions: Bagman99
@Actarus I feel your pain! The research really just isn't answering any questions. I'm afraid that we will only know upon release. I don't really really trust reported running times, as they can be wrong quite often. I can't really figure out the discrepancy of the 'missing' 50 seconds. Is there an example of any other film being released in the UK in theaters that was then censored for UK home video? I figure if they are not going to censor it in the theater, why would they censor the video?
Anyone seeing digital versions might be seeing versions from countries other than Canada, US, & UK.
I know the prevalent digital copies (torrents) of 'It Follows' is a censored version from Korea.
I have both versions (Zavvi & Film Arena) ordered of Kingsman. I guess I'll find the answers then.

Reactions: psychoscot
@Actarus I feel your pain! The research really just isn't answering any questions. I'm afraid that we will only know upon release. I don't really really trust reported running times, as they can be wrong quite often. I can't really figure out the discrepancy of the 'missing' 50 seconds. Is there an example of any other film being released in the UK in theaters that was then censored for UK home video? I figure if they are not going to censor it in the theater, why would they censor the video?
Anyone seeing digital versions might be seeing versions from countries other than Canada, US, & UK.
I know the prevalent digital copies (torrents) of 'It Follows' is a censored version from Korea.
I have both versions (Zavvi & Film Arena) ordered of Kingsman. I guess I'll find the answers then.

Nail and head mate. While I don't know about the US/Canada, films can sometimes be trimmed for the UK cinema for a lower rating like Taken 2 and 3 to get more bums on seats, but in pretty much every case the home dvd/bluray version will be the full version or rather the full version the BBFC approve usually at a higher age rating.

It could be that the digital versions available are from Eastern Europe "most likely" or Asia where that very subject is taboo and in many case deeply illegal. Hence the cut.

@zerox39

1)The AnalJoke/Princess

Unfortuantely, the version I watched didn't have those two scenes.
I guess theres only one way to find outabout the BB version...WE SHALL OPEN IT :)

00:09:38:18
KINGSMAN THE SECRET SERVICE REVEALED - PANEL TO SCREEN: THE EDUCATION OF A 21ST CENTURY SUPER-SPY
00:22:04:03
HEROES AND ROGUES
00:10:14:03
STYLE ALL HIS OWN
00:14:35:02
TOOLS OF THE TRADE
00:16:35:23
BREATHTAKINGLY BRUTAL
00:14:37:07
CULTURE CLASH THE COMIC BOOK ORIGINS OF THE SECRET SERVICE

The version I downloaded online contains both full scenes and honestly I cant imagine the film whithout them.

I know this is what I've been told without the
Anal Joke, the Princess and the Church Scene
I was told not to watch it.
Anal Joke wasn't there
so I am just trying to get a copy, might just have to buy the german Amaray as from the article that I posted is the one that has the 50 sec extra containing those 3 elements. This is very frustrating.

Anal Joke wasn't there
so I am just trying to get a copy, might just have to buy the german Amaray as from the article that I posted is the one that has the 50 sec extra containing those 3 elements. This is very frustrating.

I saw it in theatres in Canada and there was a joke about that.

and of all the comments I read and I read a lot as I am trying to find a copy for a week and all censored, some contain the chruch scene that I have scene but for the other no all they say it does not contain... still read all the feedback of copies leaked today and all no joke it is edited still...

but @Leafs17 if there was the joke about that must mean blu-ray/steel will have it as someone told me when there is a copies shown in the theatre in a country, it will be same copy on blu-ray release... and @Leafs17
was there the Church Scene in it as well in theater ?

Anal Joke wasn't there

PM sent!