Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: June 9th 2015
Purchase: BestBuy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18

Notes: This one is a huge deal! Something that hasn't been done in North America in many years. (fox studio in steelbook for NA)

kings.jpg

From 3D display:
01.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the movie any good? Didn't really fancy it when it came out in the cinemas but I heard a lot of good things about it.

Was the movie any good? Didn't really fancy it when it came out in the cinemas but I heard a lot of good things about it.
I actually enjoyed this a lot. More than any other action movie this year. I couldn't find anything bad to say about it. I mean don't expect Oscar level performances of course.

Reactions: cooey
I hope it will have the Uncensored Sticker on it just like the Mexican Version just for some peace of mind when I pop it into the player...

Been billed Already, I guess they try to ship this one so we receive approximate release date :)

O Please let it be a Sticker that states Copy Uncensored like the Mexican version...but again Canada/US rare they edit copies, they just rate it ''R/Unrated'' so looking forward to this copy along with it's brothers from Czech and Taiwan that will join him soon :)

if I am not mistaken, 2000 copies Print run for this one.

Is the uk version of this movie censored or something?

The Uk is the one they say is Censored (and read also in articles that the Asian one as well but on that one I'd have to read more)

Here is what I found in regards to the censorship

Kingsman - The Secret Service Uncut Elsewhere?

Considerable Runtime Differences Suggest Hope

We already reported in December 2014 that the action film Kingsman - The Secret Service by Kick Ass director Matthew Vaughn was censored in the UK in order to avoid the "18" rating. However, the runtimes of the BBFC 15 version and the German FSK 16 version show a noteworthy difference as the film runs longer in Germany.

The British cut of the movie clocks in at 128:34 minutes while the German release has a duration of 129:25 minutes. The difference of 51 seconds is quite large and isn't due to rounding up. Also, logos can most likely be ignored since the film's sole distributor is 20th Century Fox. Therefore, it's quite possible that the film's UK pre-cuts won't affect other markets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Amazon.com Amaray Version seems to be Uncensored as it is Rated: R (Restricted)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post info when I get my bestbuy Canada version as to know the status of it

Last edited:
If you hear any info on the Czech version let us know too. :)

Also uncensored in the Czech Republic aswell hopefully. ;)

for the Czech version, someone will have to watch it and say if all the censored scenes that we are talking about are in it...it states 129 minutes, but this doesn't really mean anything as the Censored copy for the jokes missing are only a 51 second cut which can have a lot of small parts edited in that large amount of time(which feels small but isn't)